Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Laterite posted:

Imagine not liking the director who does this:

Just look at the pure joy on his face.

holy gently caress I can’t believe zack snyder just straight up killed that guy, why isnt this man in prison???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

look at the glee in his eyes as he effortlessly takes the life of that innocent man. this was not a mere crime of passion, this man is deranged. he will kill again if he isn’t stopped

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

quote:

why is there a door in this set

finally someone’s asking the hard-hitting questions

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Srice posted:

move over summer of morbius, it's time for the autumn of munsters

munsters movie smashing opening weekend records, makes one munstrillion dollars

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

general grievous was fuckin sick in the genndy tartakovsky cartoon

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

indigi posted:

yeah he had a pretty bad cough. wonder what was up with that, did it get explained in an EU novel

nice try, he didn’t have the cough yet in the cartoon

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Communist Thoughts posted:

No one:

Me: Eternals was more fun than The Batman but not as good as Wonder Woman 84 imo

amazing how perfectly you managed to thread that needle so that not a single person will ever agree with you

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Dysthymia posted:

Finished Everything Everywhere All at Once. I didn’t expect it to live up to the hype, but it did. An intelligent, genuinely fun movie with heart. 100% recommend.

I knew literally nothing about that movie going into it, hadn’t even seen a trailer, I’d assumed based on the title that it was one of those schmaltzy “teenager dating a girl with cancer” Oscar bait movies or something like that.

it kicked rear end, really glad my sister got me to see it

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

quote is not edit

Ghost Leviathan posted:

hell yeah the blue guy has his dick out, it owns

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Swanging that thang

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Check out the cast, lmao.

hey where the white cats at

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

AnimeIsTrash posted:

who gives a poo poo shes still a millionaire

its funny op

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Tankbuster posted:

lel, bethesda wrote morrowind meanwhile every politically astute gamer trips over themselves to tell us how deep and good the writing and philosophy in New Vegas is with its half formed badguy slaver faction and corrupt goodguys.

wow, did all those losers who call Bethesda games “boring garbage written for toddlers” ever even consider that they made one game with kinda decent writing twenty years ago? checkmate politically astute gamers

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

indigi posted:

are they going to rotoscope the movie or something

actually it's apparently being animated by Science SARU, an insanely good studio that has made some of the best, most original shows of the past decade.
i have no idea what the gently caress is going on lol

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

goofy isn't a dog, pluto is a dog

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Cuttlefush posted:

goofy is a fuckin dog dude

Goofy is not a dog. He’s a cartoon character. He's a grown man. He is a friend. But he is not a dog.

all people who sue rich celebrities known for their roles in marvel movies should automatically get paid imo

Augus has issued a correction as of 05:56 on Apr 1, 2023

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

there's a snyder cut joke in the barbie movie and like two people in the packed theater i was in laughed at it, it was really awkward lol

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

I enjoyed Oppenheimer a lot, didnt feel like a drag at all even though there was a couple dozing off right next to us. The score and dialogue gets to be a bit much especially in the final third but overall it's a well made, historically accurate biopic. Massive props for portraying Strauss and Teller as complete assholes.

Oppenheimer quoting the Bhagavad Gita during the sex scene was so loving bad

it was great but yeah there are some heinous Nolanisms in there.
loved that one side character (don't think they even had a name) who said every single line in a dead monotone full of dramatic pauses, speaking the wisdom of a prophet who has already read the wikipedia page about the oppenheimer hearings

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

also i'm real late to the party but I watched RRR the other day and it's the greatest movie ever made

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

lol is that the level of social commentary ive been hearing about

there's also a scene right next to it where a man sexistly explains The Godfather to a woman lol.
For some reason screenwriters seem to be really weirdly fixated on this scenario where someone sexistly explains The Godfather, they had a scene like this in White Lotus too and it was so weird and out of place.

the movie was mostly fun and hilarious but there were a handful of parts like that where they just turn to the camera and say something really weird and specific that only screenwriters who are addicted to social media will understand or give a poo poo about

Augus has issued a correction as of 00:45 on Jul 25, 2023

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lmao

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

shout-outs to all my haloperidol barbies out there

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Barbie is a very fun movie with lots of great jokes and performances, it’s a blockbuster with actual set design in the year 2023, and it’s just very well made and visually appealing. But the “social commentary” is scattershot and its core message is very muddled as a result of not wanting to be too subversive of the Barbie brand.
The big point that the movie tries to make is that women shouldn’t be saddled with expectations of being perfect and excellent at everything, they should be allowed to just be normal, flawed people. Which is a fine message but they don’t actually commit to it, at the end of the movie the status quo of Barbie’s world has barely changed aside from them being nicer to the “ugly” Barbie, otherwise it’s still a fantasy utopia where every woman is unrealistically perfect and excellent at everything.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ArmZ posted:

verdict: liberal.

very

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

loquacius posted:

do the barbies actually crush a ken rebellion and make no changes whatsoever to the barbie/ken dichotomy or were people on twitter just getting overexcited

yes this is literally what happens. the movie even goes out of its way to say that the Kens still have no legal or political power whatsoever, it's very weird.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Some Guy TT posted:

I In Barbie, when the women are in charge, Ken is not subjected to cruelty, pain, or servitude—only indifference. Ken still gets to hang out with his friends and can basically do whatever he wants. It’s just that Barbie doesn’t spend much time thinking about him, or what he’s doing, or what he cares about—because the little girls who play with Barbie don’t.

I mean the problem here is the movie overtly draws a parallel between the Kens being treated as accessories and women being treated as accessories and it even half-heartedly admits that the Kens were being mistreated and objectified. The movie is just really confused about what it wants its metaphor to be.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

The radio has been on and three taylor swift songs have played in a row.
Holy loving christ, Radio is dead.

Radio has been dead for decades

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I think everyone that calls things woke should be dropkicked

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

QUEER FRASIER posted:

christopher nolan was like hmm whats the modern american equivalent of being chained to a mountain and having a bird eat your liver every single day for all of eternity, how can I convey that level of torment?? And he went with spending a few days in a small meeting room having a bunch of guys ask you trick questions like "so hypothetically would you not not, not not not not, not not agree that the russians having a bomb is not not not not not a danger??"

ngl he’s right on the money there

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I’d be begging for the birds to eat my liver after the first hour of questioning

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

why didn’t anyone turn to the camera and say “jordan belfort was a bad dude”

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

season 2 of twin peaks is a mess but the final episode and fire walk with me are masterpieces

highly recommend The Return

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the return is amazing

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

starkebn posted:

But it's not connected to the rest of the film in any meaningful way.

yeah it is

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the first black woman to direct a movie with 3 female leads crawled so that the first black woman to direct a comic book movie with 3 female leads could run

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

why do people have panic attacks when they see boobs in movies

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

what happened to freeing the nipple

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

MeatwadIsGod posted:

If only Showgirls didn't bomb

:hai:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

In Training posted:

I always assumed that was bc you get slapped by the algo

yeah companies figured out that if your content is considered “family-friendly” then you can get artificially inflated engagement numbers from toddlers leaving mom’s iPad on auto-play so now that’s what the algorithms prioritize and all content everywhere needs to be infantilizing garbage even if it’s discussing a movie about a weapon that killed 200,000 people

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Some Guy TT posted:

has pegged always been a euphemism for raped or is it just this one post thats making it seem like one

?????????????

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

“basically any female athlete” :raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

why are all the 'tasteful' sex scenes the ones where the people having sex is a bad thing