Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
someone in my local buy nothing group is unloading a bunch of VHS tapes and one of them is a basketball movie called

SOUL IN THE HOLE

naturally I am taking that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Some Guy TT posted:

at some point dont body shame turned into non skinny female characters should be depicted as obese but only among generally insane comic book people since the rest of us know what normal plus size women actually look like

I'm sorry what

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I have more questions

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Over Easy posted:

Alright, been watching some theatrical cuts back to back with directors cuts and special editions lately

The Terminator 2 theatrical cut is better than the Extreme edition (or whatever it is called)

The Alien theatrical cut is a completely perfect film and is better than the directors cut

the highlander directors cut is better than the theatrical cut

the blade runner final cut is better than the other iterations

the Apocalypse Now theatrical cut is better as a film experience but the director's cut is also really interesting, that poo poo with the french family is really good, poo poo is just long as gently caress

the alien 3 directors cut is better than the theatrical release as is the alien resurrection directors cut

I honestly could not tell a difference between the aliens DC and the theatrical cut

the directors cut of Donnie Darko loving sucks. that's all.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/ayynicko/status/1290853232776904704?s=20

lol this is straight up 1950s talking points about the USSR

lmfao the original show had an episode devoted to making fun of the red scare ahahaha

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

does Popclaw look 100% like microwave's mom on purpose?

please. someone. help me.

DR FRASIER KRANG has issued a correction as of 02:51 on Sep 24, 2020

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

also those comics are in general just funny and good. like every page has something hilarious on it that simultaneously makes you feel like absolute trash. it owns.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Tubgoat posted:

Just "The Flintstones"? Not "a People's Pre-History of Bedrock" or something?

the first one is just "The Flintstones Vol. 1" and the second volume is subheaded as "Bedrock Bedlam".

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

speaking of the wire, Dominic West is gonna play Prince Charles in The Crown lmfao

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

lmfao holy loving poo poo

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/china-producer-on-netflixs-three-body-problem-poisoned-in-alleged-murder-plot

someone poisoned a producer on the Three Body Problem project

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

https://youtu.be/9OI_LEpyM-0

this promo is super strange and sad.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

my favorite thing about Nick Sobotka is he has a Static-X poster in his basement bedroom and it's next to a Guided By Voices poster.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

yeah remember the community that got built in Aurora CO when folks went to see the dark knight?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Forceholy posted:

Isn't that subreddit just the red pill for women?

So that means it's guys masquerading as women who subscribe to the red pill.

well now I'm all hot and bothered

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

the wildest thing about Mrs. Doubtfire is that the protagonist quits his job over a creative disagreement, gets divorced, and then immediately gets another job given to him by an "employment office". he doesn't even have to apply or do any interviews or suck any dicks.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

even when I saw this movie in theaters as a kid I thought "I've seen my mom apply for jobs. this isn't how it works!" but I just chalked it up to the movie being set in San Francisco and presumed poo poo must be different there.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

what's a good historical account of 19th century labor organizing in SF so I can critically watch Warrior instead of just nerding out over the punch fighting?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

sometimes it's ok to just enjoy the punching and the loving.

nope can't do it

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Loveshaft posted:

:nallears:

Mocking Snyder is fun because no other filmmaker has such a defensive personality cult around him like he does. Your posting, for example.

what about someone like Tarantino?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

If Biden brings back the 90's what will we be nonspecifically afraid of again?? Aliens?? God I hope the 2020's brings a new Renaissance of alien invasion movies

Alien Nation reboot when???

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

#3 is the best origin story IMO

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Stairmaster posted:

im watching donnie brasco and johnny depp with a mustache looks like nick mullen

pretty sure there's a deleted scene where he sucks his dad's dick but they cut it for time because it was 39 minutes long.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

SWAT attempts to tackle the hard topic of BLM. Watch and be amazed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PA1KnLdXqQ

how did this Monica character die?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

General Dog posted:

I have never in my life heard another adult say, in a general sense, “SNL is funny.” No one has ever said or even thought that the SNL of that present day is funny, only that it was funny at some indefinite point in the past.

I remember my brother frantically booting up his computer to show me an uncensored Dick In A Box. when was that? 15 years ago?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Lib and let die posted:

Do parents have that talk with their kids about being youtube stars the way our parents talked to us about being athletes or rock stars?

A cursory glance at the state of things says no but I am ever the cynic.

my dad once sat me down and told me the chances of me being an astronaut were very slim

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

digging how the only sherlock holmes adaptation of the last few decades to actually follow the tone and structure of the original stories qualifies as weird because thats how distorted the character has become in pop culture

there's also that will Ferrell and John c Reilly version that came out and immediately got roasted by everyone who saw it.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

KomradeX posted:

Idk, I think I'd rather watch Infernal Affairs than the Departed

ugh goddamn everybody knows okay

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

means tested rear end blasting

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I hope Gina gets put on those angry anti-sjw podcasts that last 11 hours and she just dies of boredom

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I still can't get over how freakish the people on Its Always Sunny wound up looking (except for Charlie). Dee looks like Fergie now and Mac turned into a roid monster. Dennis appears to be slowly transform into a smooth monster.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

World War Mammories posted:

I mean, the show's set a record for longest-running sitcom or something, they aged

well, mac became ripped because it would be funny, but other than that

Danny Devito looks more normal than most of the cast.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

oh cool Dinosaurs is on Disney+ now

it's weird how in the 90s even the stupid puppet Dino show had the protagonist be a regular rear end in a top hat working a stupid job he hated that didn't pay him millions.

what the gently caress happened. can we reboot Roc?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I can't stop thinking about these huge dinosaurs banging in order to procreate. it does not make sense.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I'd like a Boss Baby prequel where it's just the parents fuckin for an hour.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

double negative posted:

needs his own app like jeremy renner so he has a safe place to connect with his fans about his paralyzed anus and penis

lmao I just looked this up. ahahahaha

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

VileLL posted:

by sucking up to trump, kanye and kim got a bunch of people released from prison

objectively more of a positive result than any dem sycophant celeb has achieved

terrifying to think about!

brb transforming into a slamming babe with huge tiddies

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

My Face When posted:

If you're really worried about an actors politics, why arent you going after Pratt as well? He is a little chuddy as well and doesn't hide it, though much quieter than Gina Carano.

ok yeah sure gently caress him too.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Mameluke posted:

one year on and the HBO watchmen trigger warning is a real thing

it was originally written as a "parody" of what liberals would do rather than address systemic issues but i guess parodies are just instruction manuals now

I can't wait until this somehow hits a peak and then in twenty years there are clickbait articles titled "REMEMBER WHEN NBC PUT A SENSITIVITY WARNING IN FRONT OF EVERY SPONGE BOB EPISODE???"

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

watching DS9 because of this thread and lol at the idea that Picard would know how to casually operate the transporter system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

whoa Nightcrawler is tailor made for disillusioned millennials (and zoomers I guess).