Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Utah is an exceptionally beautiful state, and also the most overtly uptight state I have visited. Would still totally recommend going, at least to Zion/Bryce Canyon/Arches. And Provo always looks pretty in the wide shots of the stadium on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I figured Dabo would oppose stem cell research.
The only moral abortion is my abortion whatever wins games.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Seaniqua posted:

One of Wheez’s sisters got back to me on Facebook and gave me the A-OK for my gameday homage. Going out to buy supplies now, I'll update here when I'm done!

Go cougs

Awesome, good luck.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Thermos H Christ posted:

Utah is an exceptionally beautiful state, and also the most overtly uptight state I have visited. Would still totally recommend going, at least to Zion/Bryce Canyon/Arches. And Provo always looks pretty in the wide shots of the stadium on TV.

Its loving weird. The curtain of shame for pouring beer, the fact that if you have an alcoholic beverage and stand up you'll get kicked out of a bar, child marriage, etc.

But gently caress, they are the NICEST goddamn people and you cant help but like them.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Godzilla07 posted:

Florida's first true road non-conference game since Syracuse in 1991

Wait, what?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Seaniqua posted:

One of Wheez’s sisters got back to me on Facebook and gave me the A-OK for my gameday homage. Going out to buy supplies now, I'll update here when I'm done!

Go cougs

You're doing the Lord's work, although I get the impression that Wheez was more of a Flying Spaghetti Monster kind of guy.

And I, too, would like to visit Utah at some point.

Sab0921 posted:

Wait, what?

First OOC game played in a non-neutral site outside of Florida.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Sab0921 posted:

Wait, what?

First out of the state of Florida, I think. Obviously Florida State and Miami are true OOC road games.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Moab is cool and laid back. I have no desire to see the rest of Utah outside of Park City and Alta for snowboarding.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
I mean - that's loving insane. No true road game in more than 30 years. Kinda of sucks for Florida fans tbqh, those true non-conference road games are fun.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Salt Lake City is really nice.

I also camped in Zion for a night this summer and it is extremely cool.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Seaniqua posted:

Go cougs
Go fuckin' Cougs.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So in Carson King news, Busch has been shamed into upholding their commitment to match donations through the end of Sept, total is at $1.9 million.

The reporter who thought this was a grand idea just got fired, although the editorial staff is doubling down hard on not admitting fault. The Register made a $50k donation through their RAGBRAI fund and are trying to pretend they were onboard all along.

https://twitter.com/DMRegister/status/1177658840122302464

https://twitter.com/RAGBRAI_IOWA/status/1177568931554439168

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Godzilla07 posted:

Sure, visiting Utah would be neat. This would also be Florida's first true road non-conference game since Syracuse in 1991

https://twitter.com/GatorsFB/status/1177651619153858561?s=20

Florida leaving the state?

You cant fool me

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sab0921 posted:

I mean - that's loving insane. No true road game in more than 30 years. Kinda of sucks for Florida fans tbqh, those true non-conference road games are fun.

FSU is a true road game when they play away. :confused:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Randaconda posted:

FSU is a true road game when they play away. :confused:

Some people think playing on the road in Tallahassee or in Miami doesn't count because it's still in the state of Florida.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

LLCoolJD posted:

Some people think playing on the road in Tallahassee or in Miami doesn't count because it's still in the state of Florida.

Miami and Tallahassee might as well be Des Moines and Uranus.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Going on a date with another Aggie to watch the game at a sports bar. Is it appropriate for me to initiate horn sawing, or should I wait to see if she does?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

General Dog posted:

Going on a date with another Aggie to watch the game at a sports bar. Is it appropriate for me to initiate horn sawing, or should I wait to see if she does?

You should at least ask her for consent first.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
If you're driving less than 2 hours between stadiums, it's not a real road game.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Eyyyyyyyy

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

vyst posted:

This is really loving cool that basically everyone other than Busch thinks this guy made some bad decisions when he was a child but is a generally great person

In fairness, most of the people in question here wouldn’t ever see that stuff as a problem to begin with.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LLCoolJD posted:

how is UF/FSU/Miami at fault for having P5 opponents in-state?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

General Dog posted:

If you saw the horns together, that means you're legally married and then required to buy a maroon brick house in a Houston suburb. Northwest suburbs preferred for proximity to College Station.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Randaconda posted:

how is UF/FSU/Miami at fault for having P5 opponents in-state?

They're not. I personally think it's a bullshit argument but some people complain about it. While I would enjoy Florida playing at Washington or at Texas, I don't see how playing at Doak-Campbell or Hard Rock stadium is anything other than a hostile OOC road game.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

colachute posted:

Miami and Tallahassee might as well be Des Moines and Uranus.

Tallahassee = Uranus

Your words, not mine

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

CannonFodder posted:

Tallahassee = Uranus

Your words, not mine

Go a Gata bitch

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LLCoolJD posted:

They're not. I personally think it's a bullshit argument but some people complain about it. While I would enjoy Florida playing at Washington or at Texas, I don't see how playing at Doak-Campbell or Hard Rock stadium is anything other than a hostile OOC road game.

Well, the only problem there is that fuckin NO ONE goes to Hard Rock stadium.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Road games in Florida have been pretty decent for the Huskies in the past, I wouldn't mind doing it again

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Scarf posted:

Well, the only problem there is that fuckin NO ONE goes to Hard Rock stadium.

This isn't true for big games or for good Miami teams. Miami had good turnout in 2017 even on some of the shittier games.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

colachute posted:

Go a Gata bitch

gently caress the Gators :colbert:

hth

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Ever since that lightning storm delay vs Cal, folks are super hesitant to attend Husky games with rain in the forecast. It's been like pulling teeth trying to give away my other ticket for this upcoming USC game.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The insulting thing is that these SEC/Pac-12 crossovers imply that Arizona is the Ole Miss of the SEC which is just loving rude.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Sab0921 posted:

If you saw the horns together, that means you're legally married and then required to buy a maroon brick house in a Houston suburb. Northwest suburbs preferred for proximity to College Station.

I’m not thinking that far ahead yet, we haven’t even mugged down at this point.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Rick posted:

The insulting thing is that these SEC/Pac-12 crossovers imply that Arizona is the Ole Miss of the SEC which is just loving rude.

What's the Arizona equivalent of the seersucker suit? A bolo tie and boots?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

LLCoolJD posted:

What's the Arizona equivalent of the seersucker suit? A bolo tie and boots?

An ICE uniform with epaulets and a cape

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

General Dog posted:

lmao

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Someone make a gdt thread i dont know how on my phone. #32 is my cousin!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Someone make a gdt thread i dont know how on my phone. #32 is my cousin!

Someone did yesterday:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3899733

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

General Dog posted:

Halloween costume this year, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

General Dog posted:

This is probably true.