Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

this game looks perfect for playing a big bad violent cop

and a lot of other types of character concepts

this game has the potential to be the new Planescape Torment methinks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

probably a Physique one

quote:

Physique skills are also the most silent of the bunch. They don’t speak as often as INT for example. But the times your body does speak to you hold more weight.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Hogama posted:

While I can't disprove that he's ever written under those influences, I don't know that there's any first-hand source anywhere that actually claims as fact Michael Kirkbride having taken mushrooms/LSD to write for The Elder Scrolls. There was like, an anonymous rumor on 4chan that used an image from a music video and claimed it was a picture taken by Todd Howard of Mike after locking himself in on a drug-fuelled bender.

Kirkbride wrote some REAL weird poo poo about Daedra Gods/Tribunal tho

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

yeah like it's a cop in the "1970s" of some different weird setting so not really

having the options to be an rear end in a top hat is still really good tho, as this is an RPG, regardless of what those weirdoes at Resetara think of lol

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxYJyMFjbao

"I want to have gently caress with you"

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I know what I'll aim at the start

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

SlightlyMad posted:

https://twitter.com/CohhCarnage/status/1180878673936867333

https://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage

I must resist watching this, but maybe some of you want to see it.

8am ET = 12 at noon GMT (Greenwich Mean Time).

he seems to be one of the few streamers that plays RPGs (something obviously not very popular on twitch) and still have a high amount of views, he also reads the dialogue a lot so he'll be able to sell high points of the game well enough

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

gonna go Hard Mode from the start and go high Physique

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

wew lad

frajaq fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 8, 2019

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

P I S S

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

big true!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Broken Cog posted:

Can you make a really dumb and empathic cop?

put your points in Psyche and take points out of Intellect

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

GreyjoyBastard posted:

is this strange feeling... hope?

you're witnessing history in the making, a game that will change future RPGs forever

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

whew just read the detail that time only passes when you're at dialogue (be with people/items/your own skills/environment)

good, now I feel I don't have to rush around the map

e: just to clarify: I read that it ADVANCES when you SELECT the dialogue options

frajaq fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 15, 2019

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

definetly gonna push the morality of this game as far as I can, lets see how hosed up we can be

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Megazver posted:

guess we know what the Paste Magazine review will be like, lol:

PORTRAYAL... is endorsement

these people don't deserve this game

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

AHHHH ITS OUT ITS OUT KINO IS BACK ON THE MENY BOYS

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

jesus christ it's hard to resist the urge to save-scum in this game

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

yo how do I get a map lol

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Broken Cog posted:

Second floor of the bookstore, on the wall.

thanks

gently caress me man I skipped going to second floor because I was so curious about the curtains

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

okay I'll admit my weakness, if I have an above 70% chance of passing a test I'll save scum

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

lmao gently caress me

you CAN talk to Kim about it btw

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Einwand posted:

Has anyone else had to resort to reading a book a whole bunch to burn time to get to the next day on days 2/4? Because I seem to be running out of things to do long before time runs out.

this happened to me on day 5, it's no biggie

think the Dick Mullen book is the one that passes time the fastest

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

make this the thread title somehow

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So how do the passive skill checks work in this game? Does the game actually rolls the dice and add your skill modifier or does it take the average of the two die (so 6) and adds it up?

In a way, for the passive skill checks, there's no advantage for the skill to end in an odd number, since it seems all the passive skill checks are even numbers?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

dead gay comedy forums posted:

I, what

I just reached for something fundamental with Joyce and WHAT

WHAT IS THIS PLACE

yeah that poo poo is terrifying bro

this is one weird rear end setting

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

grate deceiver posted:

I never tried it, but can't you sleep on the bench?

not even with Hobocop thought

devs really messed up that one

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

poe meater posted:

Wheres the old fish market?

northwest the fisher village, near the old church

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Harrow posted:

Endgame question:

Is the shootout avoidable at all, or can you just slightly influence the outcome?

Mostly curious for next playthrough.

Nope, the shootout will always happen, no way to "disarm" the situation through logic/diplomacy

You as a character can do a lot of minimize innocent casualties though

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Synthbuttrange posted:

Is there anywhere having high Electrochemistry can actually help? :v:

hey man the 4 quests for the 4 kinds of substances you can get give 120 xp total , pretty nice :spergin:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Radiation Cow posted:

I think I may have locked myself out of finishing the main quest.

I've been given the task to find Ruby. I've spoken to the washerwoman, found the bullet in the shack and exhausted all conversation options with everybody in the fishing village about Ruby.

I've also failed the mural check uh, twice. I can't level up Shivers or Inland Empire anymore because I'm capped and I can't open the check up again.

I've completed all the other side quests that are available to me (apart from the investigate where the bullet came from and finding the murder weapon). I really don't see how I'm supposed to continue from here without cheating. Is there anything that I'm missing?

why didn't you save-scum bro, this game rewards it

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Grapplejack posted:

What's the really important stat for the kim check? I want to tell a friend to pop a few points into that skill but I can't remember which one it is.

Authority

I'm assuming this is the check that makes him not get shot in the merc tribunal

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Phenotype posted:

How do the Thoughts work? I got three of them, and now the fourth one is unusable til I unlock more thought spaces? And it costs 100xp to get RID of a thought? What happens to the bonuses if I forget them? Do I have to learn them all over again? I need to get my poo poo together and I don't have any room.

Honestly don't know why forgetting Thought Cabinet stuff requires a skill point. You already can never "recover" the thought you discard so it's already costing you something.

Honestly feel that a few of the slots should be unlocked "naturally" as the days in-game go by, as a sign that you're recovering a bit and getting your head straight

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Harrow posted:

Some thoughts have penalties associated with them or lock things off and you won't know until you've fully internalized them. I think the skill point cost to forget them is intended to make you think twice about internalizing a new thought because you have no idea what effects it can actually have.

all this does is giving people an incentive to look up the results of the thoughts ahead of time lol

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

how does this hat not give a minus to Authority

just look at it

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Phenotype posted:

Also, how do I get past Measurehead? I did his racial supremacy thought and got the thought that's gonna let me quit drinking, but he still won't get out of the way.

if you're talking about that little crate behind him, the only way to get that is by knocking him out, which is only available when you're still looking for a way into the harbor to talk to fat Union guy

the crate also only has like 1,20 real so its not a big loss

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

will taking up hobocop let me get out of paying my hotel bill?

no

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Regarding Volition and Endurance skill checks: did anyone notice if your character being damaged affects the roll?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Google Butt posted:

about to jump in with minimal research, anything you wish you knew going in mechanics wise?

try to save money in the first two days

Visual Calculus is a Cool and Good skill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

PunkBoy posted:

Still unsure about the direction this is going to end up taking things

why don't you just keep going to find out lol