Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

According to the Bible and Jesus, hypocrisy is the worst behavior a human can exhibit and is unforgivable in the eyes of God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Every morning, if you wake up and earnestly think about how much better off the universe would be if a bus drove over that man, you may find that the universe one day listens.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

So is that journalist still on the Kill List?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

This guy is literally begging for someone to put a blindfold on him...:confused:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Conservatives across the globe continue to fall for the “power stance” poo poo.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

ManBoyChef posted:

what is the "power stance" poo poo. I must have missed it

https://metro.co.uk/2018/04/30/tories-keep-standing-like-7510305/amp/

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

CHEF!!! posted:

I hope Nunes gets inoperable cancer and dies a slow lingering death while the few people who care for him watch helplessly as he withers away. gently caress him and gently caress everyone who sides with him.
Hard to believe there exists such a person.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Nunes has DNI admit that a dozen people listened to the crime call. Amazing.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

hidden_msg posted:

Man I would love this. I am stuck in a 5 hr 'meeting'
Live updates:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2019/sep/26/donald-trump-ukraine-live-news-latest-us-politics

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

TulliusCicero posted:

Nancy's only real quality is her banter A game when she wants to

"Would you like to respond to what Kellyanne Conway said?"

"Why?"

Any of us could do that without so much as a single brain cell firing. I know she's old and old people are incompetent but giving an old incompetent lady credit for doing something that anybody, even those who suffer from conditions that make human communication difficult, can do effortlessly isn't good.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Oh. They are trying to either force the Whistleblower-s name out or muddy the waters as to how trustworthy they are. That-s depressingly gross.

Pretty typical Republican behavior. GW outed one of our spies.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Wilbur Swain posted:

Does Kushner wear ill-fitting suits to, as it were, fit in?

He’s hiding a Kuato-like twin in that baby bump.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Wark Say posted:

And additionally the same thing they use for truck-drivers

That would be crystal meth.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Every time that guy says something and it’s posted here I get a probation. Going to try to refrain this time.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I'm sure Miller is the guy cutting up Trump's coke lines for him in the morning.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

WHO GIVES A gently caress WHAT DAY IT IS MOTHERFUCKER DO YOU THINK THE IMPRISONED REFUGEES KNOW WHAT loving DAY IT IS YOU PIECE OF poo poo

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Data Graham posted:

I love how the framing on the right is always that liberals/leftists just sit around waiting to be given marching orders by Hollywood celebrities and documentarians and Twitter influencers. Like nobody thought climate change was important until Greta Thunberg came along and suddenly everyone thought it was trendy to protest

It is literally ALL projection.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Boris Johnson is doing the same thing in England.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Nail Rat posted:

Yeah personally I don't see the value of that paraphrase. It accomplished nothing and it's like half the talking Rs have been doing is about it.

Try not to do the standard thing of picking apart the actions of someone on the left with tweezers. They'd have made something else up (they did, it was that Federalist article right there, and after that, it's on to the, "That's just like, an opinion, man," Lindsey Graham poo poo.)

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Let's just say Walmart isn't getting my money any time soon.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Growing up in Alabama I repeatedly heard the myth as a child that families would go out with picnic blankets to watch civil war battles

Living for a year and a half in Alabama, the words, "Nice to meet you, what church do you go to?" were said in earnest daily.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Colorado just got full day kindergarten.

Preschool would be nice too.

Obama was pushing for universal preschool in his final years. Arguably one of his best ideas and one that anyone with kids can get behind except he didn’t call it “Free Preschool” because he’s a loving capitalist.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Love the constant stream of disappointing news about the right-centrist Barak Obama. It really helps see this world in shades of nothing but gray.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

It's certainly an interesting time to be alive.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

There is a point in time when Lindsey stops openly opposing Trump and starts supporting him. I think this happens after Trump is inaugurated and feel like it started with games of golf but I also don’t remember it being a gradual change.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

You live this life once, don't waste it being scared of anything.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Divert all Bernie funds to Warren immediately

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Arguably a 60 year old President Sanders would be ideal, but President Warren is going to be better than Present President Sanders

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Write the words “gently caress Off” on a piece of paper and mail it to Nancy’s office. All it takes is a stamp and an envelope and a pen and another piece of paper that fits in the envelope and you could be doing this planet a world of good.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

The Glumslinger posted:

I regret to inform the thread that Liz Warren is, in fact, a cougar

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1179851099978846209

It's loving one thousand dollars an hour at Denver University.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

No Safe Word posted:

It's not $50 a semester at UH 50 years later now I assure you. Not even at the satellite campuses.

No doubt, I just used DU as the example because I happened to look out if interest at the cost of University in my local area .

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

bird cooch posted:

Re: land of self defeat

One of the strongest reasons I wanted to leave the area was because of this general "I don't use it so who the gently caress cares" attitude that manifests especially clearly in the quality and quantity of public parks and children's play areas.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

bird cooch posted:

Some of these places exsist for no reason. In Washington it was the old logging towns. The industry has been gone for a generation but just like the coal miners they opine for a time that never really happened they way it is remembered.

Loads of these places exist for no reason. A multi-state drive will see you taking a piss stop in all sorts of tiny settlements surrounding the long-defunct grain silos, or plastic bag factories, or dog food plants.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

^Over the counter pain relief has an efficacy rate of 1 in 5, so for it to be allowed to sell, it has to be proven that it helps one person out of five. You may not need one of those pills because it might not be doing anything for you.

Sandtrout Catsuit posted:

My med school literally taught us that people with genuine pain COULD NOT become addicted to opiates. Now that state is one of the top areas for opiate addiction hmm...

I was thoroughly disabused of that notion when I did a rotation with a suboxone provider. I saw a Nice (white) Suburban Mom who went from being prescribed percocet after a routine c-section to shooting heroin in 4 months. Took me a few more years to realize there are thousands out there just like her, and even more who don't have access to suboxone clinics staffed with sympathetic naive med students.

More than thousands I'd reckon; my partner works in a long-term care facility and every one in the nation must have at least ten to twenty old people who are totally hooked junkies who wake up in the middle of the night for their pill. Many have no idea that they're addicts because they're old and there's a special sort of stupidity that seems to be reserved for the olds where they trust the television and medicine.

i am harry fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Oct 6, 2019

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Retro42 posted:

Drug Chat:
As a counter-point to other people here. My wife was given some oxy for a serious knee injury a few years back. She took maybe 3-4 before stopping entirely. There was zero doubt she would get addicted if she didn't. Even now she will decline a pain-killer prescription just because it's not worth the risk.

I caught a staph infection in my elbow one day. It began at noon as a mosquito-bite swelling and by the early evening was the size of a golf ball. Being recently insured through the ACA but used to being uninsured made me put off checking it out for a day until I woke up the following morning with a totally swollen arm from my wrist to my shoulder. The doc in the urgent care around the corner prescribed me narcotic pain relief after pumping me full of antibiotics, and several days later, when I ran out, my loving jaw started locking up and my entire body went into a panic. It was an utterly miserable and I'm glad I didn't have any more pills because that would have just dug the hole deeper.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Sounds like someone should try some meth then!

Sandtrout Catsuit posted:

The 'thousands' was the Nice Suburban Moms shooting heroin

Your point reminds me of the octogenarian I saw in the ER one night. She was three years in remission from her stage IV breast cancer, but no one had bothered to taper her off her pain meds. She didn't think to ask why she still needed those 80mcg fentanyl patches, just knew she felt bad when she ran out.

Oh god yes this is a massive issue and I don't ever see it getting fixed under our current situation because it's mainly down to severe understaffing of facilities.. The missus is part time; she only goes in once or twice a week, so she sees patients and then sees them again a week later...that seems to make observing problems easier than if she was seeing them every day (like watching children grow up I guess). There are lots of instances where she leaves a ward with patients who should begin tapering their medications, and returns a week later to find them still receiving enough drugs to tranquilize an elephant.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Not my president.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

"Ask"? gently caress you.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Louisiana car insurance is some of the highest in the nation, and that's because it's literally full of lovely drivers who file bodily injury claims after every (multiple) accident. No idea why the Orange Skull mentioned it.

i am harry fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Oct 9, 2019

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

but a good president?

Such a thing hasn’t existed in an awful long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Woke up to find these colors run like a bitch.