Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Imagine being so pathetic you'd pump up that bloated poo poo with this sort of garbage voluntarily. McNaughton is a sad and worthless man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

syntaxrigger posted:

I literally just had this conversation with a coworker after showing him that tweet. I am 100% confident he would break a hip if he somehow summoned the courage to even try.

I'm not confident that he could manage to stay on even a gentle horse that loves having fat fucks sitting awkwardly on its back. A bull would 100% cripple or kill him.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Kaal posted:

It's just another grift.

Hey, he's a flea market grade artist who has found a niche selling conservative fluff job poo poo to suckers. I won't begrudge him that. Actually believing it though is super pathetic.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Is there going to be a separate thread to TVIV the hearings or is that going to happen here

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

cameraman in the middle of the room looks like a giant.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

The republicans are going to turn it into a circus, but that's our broken system. Hopefully people will understand they have no intention of participating in good faith, but I doubt it.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

cr0y posted:

Ok I like this being done by a lawyer.

Yeah that was a good call.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Does five minutes mean something else in DC?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

OK that's a new one to me. Democrats worked with Ukraine to influence 2016 against Trump??

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

SocketWrench posted:

Not like this is surprising. This is the way wealthy do things; Throw money at it till it fixes itself. I'd be more shocked if he hadn't done this

I'll be shocked if a large number of those purchases hadn't come from his father's re-election campaign coffers or other closely related PACs. There are apparently loose rules about buying your own books with campaign funds, but not your kids'.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

BlueBlazer posted:

The amount of money spent on the system could feed the whole school for a year. Full stop.

The equipment, the time spent on accounting/collection, another entire person to sit at the end of the lunch line billing the children, yeah gently caress it, just give the loving food away and probably save money in the end.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

motoh posted:

You'll all post anecdotes about your 4 year old interview experience and gloss over actual hiring managers telling you they do this poo poo, links to survey data corroborating, because it makes you feel bad about the state of job seeking.

Just take the L.

Meanwhile, that lady who got that six figure job at State....

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

ManBoyChef posted:

The thing that really pisses me off: I grew up poor. For me, I used to get teased for getting free lunch. Could you imagine being the kid that puts their finger on the scanner and then they throw away your lunch? Not only do you not get to eat but everyone around you knows. Sometimes the thoughts that cut deepest were my own. Maybe I wasn't as good as other kids because their parents have money.

If lunches were free for everyone the playing field would be leveled and we might save some kids for thoughts like that.

Yeah but then the rich kids don't get to feel superior to everyone else. See also: uniforms.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

It's a terrible campaign issue, because no matter the truth, it doesn't "sound" fair to pack the court.

Well duh. It's "rebalancing the courts" in campaign speak. The horrible other party packed the courts in their favor, we the good party will rebalance them fairly.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

evilweasel posted:

there's no percentage in it: voters who will care (positively) about packing the courts are already political junkies who have strong views on who they want to vote for. you're not going to win any votes doing it, nor are you likely to really increase the likelihood people vote. even if you finagle the language such that you don't turn off people who would be turned off by the idea of packing the court, all you're really doing is spending time on a subject not getting you more votes.

it's a similar sort of logic to why democrats don't think that their candidates' time is best spent on talking about how terrible trump is: everyone knows how they feel about trump, you're not giving voters new information. but talking about health care, or other things like that - you may actually move votes. and that's true even if on the whole, many more people are going to vote based on their views of trump than based on their views of heath care policy.

Oh, yeah no I didn't mean to say that anyone should be bringing it up, just that if they're asked, they'd probably be counseled to call it something other than "packing" in their response.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Angry_Ed posted:

https://twitter.com/daweiner/status/1194975995205423104

What an amazing analysis pulled right from Mr. Zucman's rear end.

loving mega lol. Rich people will get richer at a slower rate; we didn't analyse it any further.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Not that they really needed to. I'm sure Trump reported back faithfully to his bosses.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Willo567 posted:

Could the GOP use this to argue that Trump didn't really want an investigation, or are they still turbo hosed

They can try, but they're still turbofucked because not many people are that level of stupid

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

I don't think the order is critical

Disagree. You remove the head first and let the wealth be inherited, and then repeat the process until you're either out of heirs or they start refusing to accept the inheritance and let it go to the state for redistribution.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

evilweasel posted:

bill barr has a separate fake investigation going on that involves a US attorney named Durham, so he may still have that in their back pocket

And this is the one that Trump has been crowing is going to be historical or whatever nonsense his mushbrain has jumbled together.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

There’s also this which bodes poorly for future cases

https://twitter.com/mjs_dc/status/1198973108532711424?s=21

What does this mean?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I see. Thank you all for the answers.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

There Bias Two posted:

That...seems ill-advised. No one said he *couldn't* break his neck, just that it wasn't likely given what we know of the situation...

Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proof. I sincerely wish him best of luck in his endeavor.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Kale posted:

If the internet was actually around during WWII do you think the real actual Nazi Party would be into daily high internet drama and histrionics the way the alt-right seems to be? I mean it's somewhat possible considering how into conspiracy theory poo poo Hitler ended up getting and how he was literally at one point dedicating resources to searching for mystical artifacts or commissioning hair brained super weapon prototypes that may theoretically turn the war around (none of which were ever remotely feasible), but there was always at least some objective or angle at least that you could connect the dots on and fed back into the war effort or other party objectives. These people give off the vibe of Stuart from MADTV doing the "Look what I can do" bit and then kind of just flailing around to nobody in particulars amusement. Perhaps the format for Jackass is also an accurate comparison here.

I keep coming back to what is the GOP and Alt-right literally trying to accomplish at this point other than making as big a scene and mess of the world as literally possible. Also what is "conservative" about any of this behavior or activity? These are the questions they should be getting pressed on loving constantly.

The Nazis were absolute raving pants on head goobers. Yes, they would have been all about that sort of poo poo.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

It's great!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

empty whippet box posted:

lol, so, this is 100% definitely going to be the exact same thing as Ukraine, right?

Nah, this is them trying to normalize delays in aid to deflect criticisms of the Ukraine one.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Fallom posted:

how does that not end nato right then and there

Everyone involved knows Trump is full of poo poo and ultimately temporary. And if it came down to it would likely be overruled on threat of removal have his mind changed if it were a proper existential treat to another NATO member.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Not even close. Though I'm sure he'll get there on the griftwagen as soon as he's able.

He is rich-adjacent, however.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

What in the world does Trump think he's still going to find in her emails

The state department has all the relevant ones

edit: one of the most shocking things to me is finding out that Trump really thinks Hillary's E-mails are important and filled with secrets, I had always assumed he knew he was just making political hay over nothing, but he is STILL LOOKING FOR THEM

That feels less about actually finding something and more just punishing career people for disloyalty with meaningless and tedious bullshit to force them out.

e: he wasn't making them search her emails, just process FOIA requests, of which there are probably tens if not hundreds of thousands, from right wing cranks and your grandparents etc

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 3, 2019

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

"I will reveal how corrupt our system really is!"

*awards $400M contract to GOP donor who made pitch via Fox News*

Yeah I suppose you sure showed us

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Also in what world does Trump get reelected while simultaneously a senate more likely to remove is voted in?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

bobjr posted:

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1201955465565003776?s=20

Might have been posted yesterday but Rand Paul has a “fix” to student loans

How in the gently caress is that a solution. You graduate with $50k+ in debt and a fat goose egg $0 in your 401k or IRA assuming you're just starting out in your career. Brilliant idea there, fuckface.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

Pay for your past with money that's supposed to be for your future!

Cool cool, so like, continue what we're already doing then

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

haveblue posted:

Yeah isn't that already how people are paying down debt? If they have a 401K or IRA at all, at least

I assume most people are probably paying down their debts in lieu of contributing toward retirement at all. Or at least they're contributing at a vastly reduced rate than they otherwise would assuming a smaller or no debt burden. So I fail to see how this would change anything for anyone aside from maybe mid-career people returning to school.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

robotsinmyhead posted:

Imagine thinking that someone is going to escape in a UPS truck while you have air support, heavy traffic, daytime conditions, and dozens of radio-equipped cops in eyeball range of the GIANT BROWN TRUCK and not just following it until it runs out of gas/crashes/etc.

Even if they hadn't killed someone, forcing them into a shootout was reckless disregard for the safety of virtually everyone in a 500yd radius.

If they hadn't killed everyone, good and bad alike, though, the bad guys may have hurt the hostages. And that woudl be worse because

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Anyone who hasn't watched News Dude's recent one on police training, now is an appropriate time. Touches on some of the reasons why so many cops are such triggerhappy dickhole trash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuzQrbio2Qw

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

i am harry posted:

So whoever corrected me about not getting news from The Guardian is spot on:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/dec/06/florida-ups-truck-hijacked-police-chase
Article goes through pains to avoid mentioning anywhere that all 4 people died from COP BULLETS. Every one of the following lines of text is about the people getting shot and dying from cop bullets and not a single mention of it anywhere.

Blame the AP for that one, though The Guardian shares in it for republishing it.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

ehh. the military will wait trump out especially if they think he will lose in 2020 or earlier/etc.

https://twitter.com/knight69420/status/1202958378332499969
speaking of dumb decisions. here is a possibly dubious thing that i hope happens.

Beyond unlikely. Even if he mused aloud on it, there is absolutely no chance it happens and it's doubtful even someone as stupid as Trump would seriously consider it. IF he said anything about it, it was dumb posturing bullshit to inflate himself and attempt to project innocence.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

And I'll make another prediction and toxx on it. His "personal lawyer" Rudy Giuliani won't be the one defending him either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Hey I'm not in the business of throwing away :10bux::10bux::10bux: I am not a gambling man.