Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Splat
Vampire
Werewolf
Mage
Changeling
Promethean
Demon
Hunter
Sin Eater
Deviant
Mummy lol
beast?!
Goku
View Results

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

joylessdivision posted:

Question for the minds of the WoD thread:

I'm beginning to plot out my game world (focused on the SF Bay area) and while I'm going to be running Vampire, I'm planning a more "Monster Mash" type deal where the other splats are running around doing their own poo poo.

So far I figured I'd dump some Werewolves in Golden Gate Park, but I'm not sure where I could put some Mages that would make sense (besides the Technocracy running say Google or Facebook)

The Kuei-jin were big in Chinatown, there is a San Francisco by Night book btw, and I think they ran the city during the dumb eastern invasion metaplot thing but I would just do whatever. There's probably a fairly big wraith population, due to the previous major earthquakes that were worse in the WoD, and you can always throw in the odd Demon or Hunters.

The Children of Gaia have a major caern outside the city in the Muir Woods National Monument. https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Sept_of_the_Western_Eye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Now I want a campaign with a four way open war/cold war/shifting alliances in Detroit between the Sabbat, the Laibon, Ahadi, and Garou.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The point isn't the curse, but the cultists you recruited throughout the time that you experience non-linearly.

That's not the point either. It's mostly about becoming human because being a mummy sucks but it's a weak game line. Ultimately, :iiam:

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dawgstar posted:

Technically no vampire faction outright serves the Wyrm, although there are a couple who sit on Pentex's board of directors. Black Spiral Dancers sometimes find common cause with the Sabbat, but usually only if they're both having trouble with Gaian werewolves. They've just got different stuff to do most times. The same with the changelings' Shadow Court (actually the Black Court, which is the part that was taken over by the Thallain which are as close to the fae's version of Black Spirals as it gets). Specters only serve Oblivion itself, although you can make deals with the more self-aware ones.

The whole Black Court/House Balor, hanging out with Black Spirals was always ridiculous to me because by the old rules, Changelings in no way could stand with them. It wasn't just, we work with them sometimes, it was, "We go to their moots and hang out with them at Hives." It was a big dissonance in rules and fluff, mainly that Changeling's rules were unfinished garbage.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

moths posted:

Did oWoD ever tackle Haarp?

I had some ideas for my Werewolf group involving a Technocracy-advised US military invasion of the Umbra to harness "alternative green energy."

Haarp seems like a great fit for an oversized, artificial caern but I'm drawing a blank on how to use this beyond "prevent this disaster from happening."

HAARP is a giant radio antenna so it could also be over infusing the local Umbra as it operates with Weaver taint, knowingly or unknowingly, that's spreading at an alarming rate.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dawgstar posted:

Enzo's not even the only vampire on the board. There's also Zettler, a Malkavian antitribu who used his Dominate to keep the fomori in line. They even have a Black Spiral Dancer Lupus called Francesco and he's really good at it despite being raised as a wolf because something something corporate alpha I guess.

There's a cool theory that Harold Zettler is Harold the Zettler, a Malkavian that created/developed a path of dark thaumaturgy that's tied to a "three headed dragon". The Pentex Board was often pretty interesting and colorful.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Seasteading Bone Gnawers contrive to control the oceans of the world

I was thinking about this and then remembered how WtA explicitly tells you this can't happen because of Rokea and that's one of the things I hated about OWoD. V5 has had some stuff with Cainites in Asia and again I just think that Kindred of the East tells you this isn't going to happen outside of some weirdo in a building, who never leaves, because Asian "vampires" will destroy you. CoD moving away from that was one of the best moves of the line.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Free Gratis posted:

Speaking of VTES, the new "Expandable Card Game" Rivals is coming to kickstarter soon. It looks very different from VTES, but I was a little surprised to see they're using the same icons to represent Disciplines.

https://www.renegadegamestudios.com/news/2020/7/14/vampire-the-masquerade-rivals-expandable-card-game-kickstarter

As of V5, those are the official icons for those disciplines in the corebook. I guess since they own them, they thought they might as well use them.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Free Gratis posted:

I guess that'll teach me for largely ignoring V5.

No, you were right to do such for the most part.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lurks With Wolves posted:

2008-2018: Ten years of legal arguments that I don't actually understand. The important part is that David Heath was referred to as "formerly known as Gangrel" during this time on the rare occasions he appeared on camera because it was such a legal pain and that it ended in-
2018: A judge finally decides that when you hear Gangrel in a wrestling context you don't think about White Wolf in the slightest, you think about David Heath in a frilly white shirt drinking blood from a goblet, and thus he has the rights to the name and is able to license it and make merchandise with it. Since then he's gone back to referring to himself as Gangrel on the indies and is generally surprisingly good for a guy his age.

WWE is all about bogging people down in legal battles of attrition that usually end through some type of technicality when they can. They're one of the worst companies to sue or seek legal action against because they have lots of money, political clout, and a history of loving over their contracted workers for decades. Where some companies like the WWE, worth almost a billion dollars, would just settle in a case like this, the WWE will drag it out of spite because it's all about the power to them. WWE was definitely in the right here though but it's just one of those companies that you don't want to end up in court with.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LatwPIAT posted:

The Tremere are, in part, hated/distrusted not just because Mr Tremere himself ate the soul of the saintly Saulot (the fact he may or may not have been so saintly is largely irrelevant: everyone thought or chose to believe he was) , but because he then had this clan round up and kill every single Salubri they could find. That's the kind of brutal application of wide-scale violence that makes everyone a bit nervous about whether they might be next.

There's also a running theme in VtM where things were good once and are becoming increasingly worse, bastardized as they get closer to Gehenna. The Salubri, the healers and balanced in terms of humanity and power, is devoured by the Tremere, vampires obsessed with power and domination to the point that they gave up real power for fast temporal power. The Cappadocians, philosopher necromancers who wanted to ultimately dethrone God, are replaced by incestuous gangster necromancers.

There's a lot of stuff about Salubri being bad, the Baali, and selfish, Wu Zao Salubri, but the take originally and ultimately is that poo poo's getting worse. I think in terms of metaplot it ultimately comes down to Salubri is in it for Salubri and everything he does is one variant of him trying to find the cheat code that allows him to beat God and/or the wheel of ages.

EDIT:

I think a simpler way to frame it is that Saulot ultimately wants to ascend his condition and the Tremere gave up a chance at ascension for "immortality" and temporal power free of paradox. The Cappadocians ultimately wanted to ascend the bridge between mortality and death by subsuming God and the Giovanni just want to destroy the veil between life and death so they can rule as kings. It's very much the big concept vs. the lazier, quicker path to power.

RocknRollaAyatollah fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Sep 27, 2020

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

NikkolasKing posted:

This is a really interesting way to frame the VTM setting and now I wann read up more on the Cappadocians.

What is the best stuff for them? Their Clanbook and Player's Guide to the High Clans, I imagine?

I'm worried about buying their Clanbook. See, I do like to support OPP but I also buy stuff from DTRPG because their scans are the best you can get and that means they work with TTS. My eyes suck so Kindle text-to-speech helps a lot. But there have been at least 2 or 3 books I bought that didn't work with TTS and it is annoying. And the review of Clanbook Cappadocian on DTRPG specifically says the scanjob is bad so I dunno.

Also my continuing interest in Saulot has carried me on to he's potentially the founder of the Baali. Everybody should be happy Tremere at that guy. Although the Baali have like 5 different origins so....

I wonder how much of this is intentional "the truth is lost to time" and how much is just inconsistent writing or writers having different perspectives.

I could be wrong but I think the clanbook purchase goes to White Wolf/Paradox/Modiphius or whomever because it was made under White Wolf and they own the license. Only the V20 Dark Ages stuff goes to OPP to knowledge. The clanbook and the Player's Guide to the High Clans are your best bets and I remember them actually being pretty good as far as White Wolf stuff goes. I've also always felt the Dark Ages stuff was better written but that might just be personal preference.

Dawgstar posted:

The Cappadocians' clan book was pretty good from what I recall. It and the High Clans book are what one would need to get into their backstory pretty well (there's also an adventure series called The Last Supper which is... nah, I wouldn't). They detail how Cappadocious did want to attack and dethrone (also eat) God but did stuff like organize the Feast of Folly to set himself on that path, which was essentially a ruthless pogrom of his own clan.

I feel like the Feast of Folly, narratively, was kind of setting Cappadocious up for getting killed, which was part of his plan in that ridiculous "All according to my plan!" sense. He was also experimenting with who would be the right candidates to help him unlock his ultimate goal and the Feast of Folly was him cleaning house of all the Cappadocians he thought were failures or dead ends. It's also where the Harbingers of the Skull came from because a bunch of the attendees got sealed away instead of slaughtered.

Cappadocious' whole thing with experimenting was finding the right kind of necromancy to achieve his goal of diablerizing God and his own was inadequate. The Mortis Path of Necromancy is focused on the physical remains of the dead so it wasn't really up to the task. The Giovanni specialized in wraiths and the Shadowlands in their paths so he found them very promising. They were also a departure from his usual focuses, who were usually religious orders or adherents because he himself subscribed to his own version of Christianity. They weren't restricted to Christianity from what I remember, just that type of common scholar for the time.

EDIT:

I still think the Hecata being a single clan is dumb, and I understand why they chose to do it, but it should be a new "independent" faction. A grab bag of all the necromancy clans and bloodlines doesn't really make sense under VtM but it's V5 so uh guess they just shrug and go, "It's simpler now." OPP is obviously doing a better job about things, not hard, but that whole thing just seemed dumb.

RocknRollaAyatollah fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Sep 30, 2020

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kavak posted:

They're licensing out development. As I understand it, Modiphus pays them to use the World of Darkness brand. They mostly likely made no money on the V5 books produced in house (Or the profit was dwarfed by a single DLC release for one of PDS' games)

Yeah, it's a licensing type deal so I imagine White Wolf/Paradox is getting a percentage of sales and probably a licensing fee. It was ultimately a way of them to come out of the whole debacle without a complete wash and not just sit on a brand like CCP did.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kavak posted:

They did this because they finally realized the people they'd installed at White Wolf were wasting a valuable property and damaging both brands. CCP was different- they caught lightning in a bottle with EVE and could never quite manage anything else as a company. They couldn't even think of a gameplay loop for the MMO they bought them with the idea of making. I think the World of Darkness brand would have had a much better or at least more noticeable history this century if anyone else had bought them- as long as it wasn't someone truly wretched like EA or Gearbox.

Yeah, that's true and I always forget that's where we got Onyx Path Publishing from.

From talking with people at CCP at that time, the consensus seemed to be that once they had the MMO, then they'd start doing stuff. It was very much, "This is the first step in our media franchise!" Paradox has had more of a shotgun strategy for better or worse.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lucita's sire, Cardinal Moncada, had True Faith 3 in himself because he was on Path of Power and the Inner Voice but that just might be a weird fluke.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I imagine we'll get a taste of W5 with Heart of the Forest but I don't know how much input the W5 team had on it.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think we're going to be getting Hunter 20th Anniversary, Hunter is actually 21 years old right now, or Demon 20th Anniversary, which would be 20 in 2022, although they'd be cool. I was thinking it would be cool to have one that was Mummy, Kindred of the East, and maybe some other weird stuff that hasn't been addressed but it seems like Kindred of the East is something they want to forget. It's not even listed on the Storyteller's Vault, although the books are all on there and it's listed on Drivethru as a White Wolf line. I honestly don't blame them though because Kindred of the East would need a complete reboot as opposed to a minor update.

EDIT:

joylessdivision posted:

Reckoning wouldn't really work as a 20th considering it is specifically built off the underworld getting blowed up real good.

Also it's basically "Info Wars the game" which in 1999 was funny, now not so much.

Wraith 20 plays fast and loose with this though because they have Orpheus and I think rules for Risen, it's been a while but I remember them being in there. The 20th anniversary books haven't really been about the status quo but more the spirit of the line with an update to running a game set in present day. Mage 20 is also big on this too with all its boxes giving options and alternatives to metaplot stuff for Mage, which there were a lot of.

RocknRollaAyatollah fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 7, 2020

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kavak posted:

Kind of interested what's going to happen to them in 5th edition (Rather than concerned like before the old staff was fired). I wouldn't be surprised if they're out entirely.

I've noticed there's been regular vampires, Cainites/kindred, in Asian countries with communities so it's likely the KotE are being quietly phased out. In older editions after KotE was introduced they made a point of saying KotE would kill any Western kindred on sight because they're powerful badasses.

EDIT:

Has anyone found any decent fan 20th anniversary versions of the above lines? I haven't looked around too much but I'm curious as to how good or bad they would be.

RocknRollaAyatollah fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Oct 7, 2020

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's not like 2nd edition Werewolf took a strong stance on Nazi werewolves.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dienes posted:

ngl a part of me wonders what WoD would be like if it was based on modern Rice, what with the bird aliens leaving replimoids in Atlantis who can resurrect vampire ghosts.

In World of Darkness the precursor civilization to mankind is a reptilian/dinosaur society that becomes the Mokole. I'm sure there's probably bird aliens out in the deep umbra because anything can be out in the deep umbra.

Dawgstar posted:

I think that was called Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand.

This.

They also went too far, too quickly and had to dial it because holy poo poo. A secret cabal of vampires and mages make a secret base in the Underworld ruins of the First City and fight a secret war against the Cronenberg alien/spirits/whatever the gently caress that are behind Vicissitude.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ElNarez posted:

https://www.worldofdarkness.com/news/vampire-the-masquerade-companion-releases-in-december

Renegade Game Studios is doing the WoD books now, under the direction of Achilli. Free V5 companion dropping in December with Tzimice, Ravnos and Salubri, next book is gonna be Sabbat.

I think it's awesome that Swede Drac got fired and WoD was handed over to Achilli. It's poetic justice.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is the Banu Haqim one supposed to be independent, clan loyal Banu Haqim? It doesn't look bad, I'm just confused as to why they got another new one.

I didn't watch the video so that might just be a rhetorical question.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's very obvious, especially in the MET books, that writers had favorite clans and often pushed some while ignoring or burying others. I don't know if someone had an axe to grind with the Gangrel but it was very obvious that people were fond of the Lasombra and gave them stronger powers. Same was true for the Tremere and bullshit like the Path of Levinbolt in the Revised Clanbook. I think with most the clans, they just got basic treatment and the normal lovely storyteller mindset flaws and it just seems like they're getting buried because the divide can be so large.

Part of the logic I think with the Sabbat is that they were overpowered relative to the Camarilla clans because they were originally antagonists but in WW fashion, they're playable and "no different" due to the "radical centrism" of writers like Rein-Hagen.

Kavak posted:

Speaking of the Lasombra, does anyone have any ideas for alternate weaknesses that would make them not walking Masquerade breaches?

In 2020 they're not that big of a walking violation because most media is digital. Lasombra show up on digital media from what I remember, they don't on analog, unless that changed or I'm wrong.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Veeta posted:

I really like how they've designed the Tzimisce bane and clan compulsion in the companion - the former in particular is open enough to fit all sorts of interesting character concepts. I'm not too sure about the Ravnos write-up though: the bane seems like it'd be either too restrictive or something that an obliging ST would just let you cheese. And the compulsion seems like a more generic form of their old clan flaw. Still an overall interesting read, though.

Yeah, I like the new Tzimisce style of making them more dragon like by making them covetous and very in line with being Eastern European nobles.

Due to the wonders of capitalism, living out of cars is all the rage these days too so it's not that uncommon and easy for a Ravnos to do. They only have to move a mile though so it's not that bad too.

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

So Ravnos can't go into torpor?

That's something I didn't think of but it's fitting with the whole, elders being gone or dead development in V5.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dawgstar posted:

That's certainly an interesting design choice in having the new clans keep to the same Discipline spread and just folding in the trademark Disciplines into them.

It's been a trend in V5 and thinking about it, V20 ending up being mostly disciplines lists like D&D spell lists seems contrary to the spirit of vampire.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Still sad the Setites are called the Ministery now. It isn't awful... But it isn't good either. V5 is mostly annoying because of the clans being spread around the books, but putting the rest of them out in one place is a step in the right direction m

I like them rebranding as the Ministry is exactly like IRL cults that become maligned and change their name to get around the bad press. They also claim they're not crazy Set cultists, there's a general cult for that now, but they are 100% Set cultists.

I really like the vampire cults and how they change the political/social dynamic for vampires.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

taichara posted:

There's also this Werewolf game coming up, and let me just say the bit in the trailer about "set in real places, inspired by true events" does not make me feel all that optimistic at the moment.

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/1341366638294171649

It's already out on PC. It's decent from what I've read, on par with Shadows and Coteries of New York.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Heart of the Forest does have a funny bit.

It takes place in Poland and all the Polish werewolves are still on the fence about the Get of Fenris for obvious reasons.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm fine with the Sabbat being an NPC option akin to the Belial's Brood or the VII in VtR but something that's easy to reverse engineer. As mentioned all the stuff needed to play a Sabbat vampire are already pretty much there so it's not like it's going to be a big deal unless you want one of the many overpowered or useless for PC bloodlines of the Sabbat.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've been reading through Mage the Ascension stuff, trying to think of how to make a better game and give it a reboot in line with V5, which I know is a mixed bag, and there's a lot of that weird racist grouping of things together. They even openly address it in in character in the Guide to the Traditions because it's that bad. MtAs also had one of the most insane fiction series, the Ascension Warrior trilogy, which they retconned because went on in it was probably on par with Secrets of the Black Hand. M20 didn't help things much, even walking back some changes like the tradition names by saying they changed them to be more sensitive or whatever and then having the headings for those traditions being the old name.

In conclusion, Mage the Ascension was a game of contrasts, most of them bad. Sadly, I still feel a great deal of nostalgia for Mage the Ascension.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Loomer posted:

It’s a frequent claim that Weinberg’s work was retconned or decanoned but I have never seen anything to actually back it up. TAW even got direct references later on in the line.

There's a disclaimer at the end of Horizon War 3: War in Heaven stating everything after the destruction of Doisstep isn't canon but a lot stuff went down in a less extreme way due to the events between second edition and revised. So it's very vague but then again a lot of OWoD books are vague due to being unreliable narrators.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
There was a big trend in "alternative," or whatever you want to call it, parenting when that book came out about how parents who gave their babies formula were terrible and creating stunted, mentally deficient children. It obviously ignores the fact that many moms use both because breast milk isn't something that's produced at uniform or set rates between women. I remember it also having classist and borderline racist undertones but it was mainly in the vein of anti-GMO campaigns where it wasn't "natural."

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I would not be surprised at all if it came out Brucato was big into Qanon because he definitely seems to be similar to those New Age types that fell down that rabbit hole around the time the pandemic started.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

nofather posted:

Does the concept of Indigo Children ever pop up in either setting?

There are inverse Indigo Children in MtAs who are called Widderslainte. They’re reincarnated Nephandi, evil mages, who are sociopathic Damien style children. In M20 they make it so they can be redeemed but it’s said to be impossible short of an end of chronicle level thing in original Mage.

Technically I guess Childlings in Changeling are since they’re literally supernaturally empowered children. Most the splats though are special from birth, except for vampires, mummies, hunters, and demons, since they have a special supernatural soul embedded into their human one.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mors Rattus posted:

Harold Holt, who probably got caught in a riptide and drowned.

They named a municipal pool after him.

I know goons like to go ham on how deadly and scary the ocean is but that beach is apparently especially dangerous, to the point where public swimming was and is still prohibited. He was only able to swim there too because he had a special pass and it was normally restricted to military training operations.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Scathach was cool because they were Sidhe who weren't soul stealers and had decent politics.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ritorix posted:

I guess you could just buy the pdf, its here for $31.50

https://renegadegamestudios.com/pdf-sabbat-the-black-hand-vampire-the-masquerade-roleplaying-game-pre-order/

I haven't looked through it much yet, but I got that and the book of nod pdf yesterday from physical preorders.

How is the Book of Nod? Is it just the original one?

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ZearothK posted:

Running a Dark Ages game set in Italy and thinking of having a Sunset Invasion from Crusader Kings (Aztecs invade Europe) happening. Tell me why this is dumb.

The Camazotz (Werebats) running roughshod on the werewolves and vampires would be cool.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kurieg posted:

The answer is Red Talon, apparently she's working with endron becuase they guaranteed the safety of her pack and she's willingly wyrm corrupted her pack totem towards this end.

Guys I don't think Werewolf 5th edition is gonna be good if this plot made it past their lore people.

Wasn't this greenlit during SwedeDrac and before the W5 job being given to Hunters Entertainment under Renegade Game Studios? I feel like this came with the slot machine licensing story. Not saying it's going to be good, just saying I think this was a vestige of the first regime and Paradox just wanted them to release the game, which they probably knew was going to be bad.

EDIT:

Wikipedia posted:

The game is directed by Julien Desourteaux, with Martin Ericsson serving as lead writer.

Wikipedia posted:

Pre-production of the game began around late 2016,[1][7] following Paradox Interactive's purchase of White Wolf in 2015, and the game was announced in January 2017. It was originally set to be published by Focus Home Interactive,[8] but switched publishers to Nacon in 2018 following Nacon's purchase of Cyanide.[1][10][11] It was presented for the first time at E3 2019 in Los Angeles in June 2019,[12] and was exhibited at PDXCON 2019 in October.[13] The game was eventually released on February 4, 2021 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X.[14]

Well there's the answer we were all looking for right there.

RocknRollaAyatollah fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Feb 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Thinking about it I'm kind of surprised the Red Talons weren't the ones to go off but that's mainly due to Revised rehabbing the Get pretty well. All the tribes kind of had a way they could go off the deep end but the Red Talons seemed the most likely to do so and were the most fanatical and inflexible, to a point they were moving their tribe towards extinction. I wonder if the Get going off is left over from Swedracula because W5 seems like it's been in development, possible hell, forever.

Paradox has definitely mismanaged things. Beyond the PR and management nightmare that was Swedracula, because it's been almost 4 years, about a third of the lifetime of the original World of Darkness, and there's just not much. You can't put that on Swedrac too because he was out within the year V5 was released. Yeah, he poisoned the well and they had to rewrite some of the books, but in that time they should have definitely recovered and be supporting all the original main splats. Original White Wolf had all the main splat lines out within that time and was on second editions for some. I know the industry works differently now but I'm just left wondering how this could happen.