Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Splat
Vampire
Werewolf
Mage
Changeling
Promethean
Demon
Hunter
Sin Eater
Deviant
Mummy lol
beast?!
Goku
View Results

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Two-splat games where you deliberately go to the shared themes seems doable, especially if neither of them are Mage or Demon. A shitload of work, but still.

"Anything goes" would require keeping track of too many subsystems for anyone who isn't literally a DtD Demon IRL.

I think it was much more feasible in 1st edition CoD/NWoD. All of the 2nd ed games have way to much going on with variable touchstones and frenzy systems etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Archonex posted:

Now you're making me feel like I missed something awesome by not paying much attention to OWoD Werewolf.

OWoD Werewolf, via the short lived Rage card game, is essentially the game that got me into the tabletop hobby and I will forever love the absolute batshit nature of it.

A lot of people give the Stargazers, and Kailindo, poo poo for “not making sense” or something, but to me it makes perfect sense for a Werewolf to find a way to optimize their shape shifting ability in the way that all Martial Arts seek to optimize the human body’s economy of motion. If anything Kailindo as “the werewolf martial art” is far too narrow, and every tribe would have incorporated shapeshifting into their own martial arts.

Stargazers are problematic in that they’re steeped in early 90’s Orientalism and act as a catch all for anything vaguely Asian, so they could definitely use a much more culturally sensitive rewrite.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Let us never forget 1e Rage, the card game where the rules book did not tell you how to resolve combat, BUT did have space and time necessary to make a circular reference across 4 different items.

God what a piece of poo poo amazing game. I still have a bunch of foils around here somewhere from the Umbra set. The drat realms.

I managed to nearly complete my set a few years ago. I’m only missing a few promo reprints and most of the Limited set, but I have at least one copy of every card is some form. There’s a small fan community that’s produces expansions and has made attempts at cleaning up the rules, but it still just a mess.

I never did get to play the 2nd Ed game set in Las Vegas, but it seemed to have a much better structure. Unfortunately, from my understanding, the license holder for that version is sitting on it tightly, so the fan community doesn’t pay it much attention.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
Question for you Deviant backers with Manuscript Preview access.

As per rules, every Variation needs an equal magnitude Scar entangled to it. It goes on to say that a Scar can entangle multiple variations, but the Scar's Magnitude has to be equal to or greater than the highest Magnitude Variation + number of additional Variations. So a Magnitude 3 Scar could cover two Magnitude 2 Variations or three Magnitude 1 Variations.

In the example Character Generation on pg 9 of Manuscript #2 they present a character with a Magnitude 3 Variation with one Scar Free Dot from their origin (so I assume is counts as Magnitude 2 for Scar purposes), and a Magnitude 2 Variation. As per the rule I just cited above, they should assign a Magnitude 3 Scar to entangle both Variations, but in the example it looks like they just assigned the same Magnitude 2 Scar to each Variation individually?

Am I just misunderstanding something or is the example wrong?

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Also, it's not really that well-highlighted that you can pick the same Scar at different (or the same) levels for different Variations, under this circumstance:

Which they use in this example, in order to use Perilous 2 twice, for 2 different effects, which also turns Carapace from Perpetual into Controlled effects (as the Perilous Variation Scar is Controlled, so now the entangled Variations are as well).

Same deal for the different ranks of Deterioration attached to Brachiation and Hyper-Competence.

I think the "Repeatable" keyword is the context I was missing. So if I understand it right, a Repeatable Scar is one that can be applied individually for each Variation, whereas a Scar that's not Repeatable will have be higher magnitude if it wants to entangle multiple Variations?

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
Some people I played with took it upon themselves to interpret Spirit Heritage as altering your physical look when in the Umbra, so more often than not it was taken for purely cosmetic and flavor reasons.

Edit: I forgot that it explicitly says in the book that you’re look is altered at level 4 and above. The game I was in took it to the extreme though, and it was noticeable at all levels.

Free Gratis fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Oct 20, 2019

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
Early interviews with Ericsson suggested they were going to ramp up the Impergium narrative but one can only hope they’ve since gone back to the drawing board following the disaster of his reign.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

joylessdivision posted:

The kids today love Werewolf genocide!

Hey Avengers: Endgame was great and really made me think and haveyouheardofMalthusandboyIjustloveWer

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Mors Rattus posted:

As a side note, this isn't really a mark against oWoD's take on Cain so much as a result of it being written from an aggressively Kids Of American Protestants viewpoint; it relies entirely on idiosyncratic and highly personal interpretations of the direct text without integrating literally any of thousands of years of scholarship, tradition or thought on the matter.

I really want to dig deep into the theology of just how weird God’s punishment got.

I’m having trouble NOT imagining God, the perfect being they are, gazing down from Heaven upon some Tzmisce’s Vicissitude nightmare and going “Huh...that’s not quite what I intended.”

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Hattie Masters posted:

I desperately need more context for this one.

I had no idea an IRL typo was the reason behind the plot arc but here’s the IC context.

Several years ago White Wolf published The Testament of Longinus, which is the sacred text of the Lancea et Sanctum, and it’s structured into a Book:Chapter:Verse format like the Bible. One of the chapters in the last book skips straight from Verse 7 to 11, which I must assume is the typo in question.

In the more recent book, Secret of the Covenants, they riff on it, suggesting there’s some kind of conspiracy that is actively suppressing verses 8, 9, and 10.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Dawgstar posted:

OPP said they're not going to delay the Technocracy 20th Anniversary KS which is happy news for somebody, I expect.

It suddenly occurs I hope Brucato isn't working on it.

I have a hard time imagining any M20 product not featuring Brucato as a writer. I'm probably going to hate this book because I've disliked the apologia the Technocracy has got over the years.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

That Old Tree posted:

You probably don't have to worry about that. Apparently Brucato hates the core premises of Mage, so the Technocracy will stick but there will likely also be some Third Way evil conspiracy that's just as unlikeable. And 50 new pages of Merits and Flaws.

M20 already sort of did this by blaming most of the Technocracies evil doing on some kind on internal "corruption", i.e. "The Nephandi did it".

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
Wikipedia says he intentionally didn't read Anne Rice's work until "very late" in the development process, but doesn't deny their influence via trickle down through other media that he did consume.

Eh, I'm willing to believe him on this. We get subtly influenced by so much stuff that half the time we don't even realize it and it's not like her work was the only Sexy Goth Vampires in town. I could easily see him wanting to eschew Rice's work to avoid the "you just copied her" accusations. V:tM is an insane grab bag of all it's past and contemporary Vampire media, combined with Lovecraft and Christian heresy fan fiction, and I'm sure if we really put the screws to it then Anne Rice wouldn't sit that much higher over any other given work.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Tulip posted:

Isn't Anne Rice incredibly litigious against derived works? That's as good a motive as any to deny connections whenever you're on the record.

She's a straight up boogeyman to the fan fiction community and older writer's talk of her like a folk myth to the younger generation. She also really hates negative amazon reviewers.

I think V:tM predates her reign of terror though, and it never outright used any copyrighted material like her characters.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
WoD greatly emphasized the end times with most of it's lines. Hell, Apocalypse is straight up the title of Werewolf, and even though Vampire was a great tool to run political games, Gehenna and the impending return of the Antediluvians were it's main driving meta plot force. Hunter: The Reckoning was arguably the most hopeful line in how it dared humanity to strike back against the darkness, but the concept was that some mysterious supernatural force was Imbuing people in a futile last ditch effort to unfuck the world.

CoD has very little built in doom saying and is more concerned with just plain ol' existing and finding your place in the world as a thing that goes bump in the night. Promethean provides an even further contrast to oWoD in that it gives an overt potential win condition, which is to become human.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
Phil is on the moderation team for a Mage fan page. A couple years back he banned some idiot for being a creep and way behind the times regarding sex workers. After the banning he made a big Mod Announcement type post about how that type of talk wasn't allowed and cited his experience as someone who "taught and practiced erotic magical forms", which was then juxtaposed with THIS giant picture of his face he used to conclude the post. (linked because it's huge)

https://imgur.com/a/sMHPjvD

The dude has his heart in the right place but he goes about things in the most Satyr Phil way possible.

Free Gratis fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 30, 2020

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

NikkolasKing posted:

So I get paid tomorrow and I have a few books lined up to buy but one I'm especially curious about, can anybody tell me if Guide to the Traditions is good?

Mage Revised honestly sounds like my thing and looking at the list of Mage Revised books on DriveThruRPG, this one stood out since it's informative on all the Traditions so I don't have to buy multiple Tradition books right now.

I haven't really read it cover to cover so I can't speak to it's quality, but the book is more about the Traditions as an umbrella faction. It's not really about the various Traditions individually so much as how they intersect. Of course there will be tidbits about each of the Trads, but not in the depth you're probably hoping.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Soonmot posted:

Your questions are infinitely more interesting than another round of mage chat.

As for the rest of 5th edition, the preview of Werewolf they released a video on the other week gives me hope that they're gonna jettison the leftover 90's edge and do something cool with it.

I share some of your hope, but I'm still very wary.

Ericsson's influence is on werewolf is already out of the bag with the upcoming video game and I'm sure the new development team was handed some notes. I'm curious if they feel any kind of pressure to be in line with whatever setting/tone it's going to present. The V5 setting info that Ericsson gave in early interviews ended up being in the final product and he was leaning real hard on the Impergium part deux in those same interviews.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Pope Guilty posted:

They're also feeding into reductive and simply wrong ideas about the clans that lock them into stereotypes and make them less interesting.

How else will people make the buzzfeed "Which Clan are you" personality quiz?

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

DantetheK9 posted:

The Chicago by Night books seems to be the start of walking back some of his nonsense, so I'll take that as a good sign going forward. I was leery of W5 until we got the video showcasing the creative team. Considering some of the folks involved, I'm legit hyped now.

I'm confident in that there's won't be any international incidents or piss play, which is great. I'm still not a fan of Ericsson's broader changes in V5 like the Second Inquisition and the Beckoning, and I will be beyond disappointed if a New Impergium becomes the prevailing zeitgeist for the Garou nation.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Down With People posted:

If a vampire loses their Ordo Dracul status should they still be able to upgrade their coils yes/no

Rules as Written? No. You can't have any non-Mystery Coil at a level that exceeds your Covenant Status, and if you lose your status you also technically are no longer part of that Mystery.

Edit: I'd argue that an ex-Dragon could operate as an apostate and do self study to advance Coils they already began to learn. However, without access to the existing social structure and knowledge of the Ordo Dracul, their progress would be severely hampered and probably come with an increase in XP costs to advance.

Free Gratis fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 1, 2020

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

MonsieurChoc posted:

That's dumb, 1E did this better.

It's possible I'm wrong because the only thing I could find in the text was the bit about non-Mystery Coils not exceeding status. The idea that you lose Mystery membership along with your Status was just pure interpretation on my part.

One thing I forgot to mention is that it looks like nothing stops you from learning new Scales, as they have their own prerequisites.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

bewilderment posted:

See also Proverbial Monsters, one of the early nWoD supplements that you can't even buy on DTRPG any more.

Monsters based off of proverbs and nursery rhymes that mostly make no actual sense.

I wonder what their reasoning is for straight up removing it. I get that it's a silly supplement but if embarrassment was a good enough reason then they've got quite a few entries in their catalog that should go away forever, or at least stop being offered as Kickstarter add-ons.

lol

Free Gratis fucked around with this message at 15:20 on May 3, 2020

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Dawgstar posted:

Do I misremember or is what makes a Nephandus a Nephandus is going through the Cauls and having your Avatar tainted?

Correct. Nephandi have inverted Avatars that focus on Descent instead of Ascension. The inverted Avatar can pass down through the rebirth cycle and there's some kind of weird social implications to being born with an inverted Avatar as opposed to willingly entering a Caul.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Loomer posted:

The Camarilla was secretly infested by an infernalist slave ring, too.

It would not surprise me one bit if the list of "Orgs Not Infested by Infernalists" was shorter than the "Is Infested" one.

Free Gratis fucked around with this message at 19:21 on May 6, 2020

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Nessus posted:

So is Instagram an incarna yet or what

I don't know about Instagram itself, but these are a sub-type of spirits called Memephores in M20.

M20 posted:

LOLCat: Cuteness elemental, often manifesting as
an adorable (often young) animal in an endearing
situation. Tends to speak in abbreviated childish banter
(“I can haz…?”). Apparently immortal, this shapeshifting
entity seems to be totally impervious to harm, avoiding
conflicts through the sheer intensity of its charm. Has an
uncanny talent for making people smile. Traits: Category
1; Expression 3

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Desiden posted:

White Wolf in that era was really keen on these scolding rants from the authors about how you were a dumb powergamer who was Playing Wrong if you did X, followed in short order by chapters or whole books of doing X. The Aberrant Player's Guide was probably the most notorious, with a rant about how Aberrant was not a four color superhero game and you were a stupid idiot for playing that way, followed immediately by a chapter on "how to play Aberrant as a four color superhero game". But it seemed to pervade all the lines to some degree or another, and dumped gasoline over a lot of the divisions about the direction of the settings in the revised era.

I'll submit that the worst is actually in With Fang and Claw, their strategy guide to the Rage CCG. There's a three page diatribe about not making your deck TOO good, and instead more flavorful. Call me crazy but I'm not sure a good strategy guide for a competetive game would tell me to play worse.

Adding to the absurdity is that inserted between pages 1 and 2 of the essay is a "10 Commandments of Rage" graphic which has rules of thumb for optimal play.

Free Gratis fucked around with this message at 01:30 on May 14, 2020

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Dawgstar posted:

Didn't Rage not actually have rules for who went first?

Correct! Most phases were played simultaneously, with people just playing whatever and whenever. By the way, the game had Unique cards where only one copy is allowed in play at a time, so it may just be a contest of who slaps it on the board first!

Only the combat phase had any kind of turn structure. Each player selected an Alpha for the phase to take an Alpha Action, and the order to take those actions was based on the Renown value of the character. I don't recall their being any official rules for tie breaking equal Renown characters.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Angry Lobster posted:

Early TCG's were kinda crazy.

Design-wise, Richard Garfield was really the only one that had a clue what they were doing. There were two White Wolf branded CCGs in those early days (VTES/Rage) and it's incredibly obvious which one Garfield designed.

Rage had a couple of things going for it. I enjoyed being able to pick and choose the characters in your pack and have them available for use from the get go. It's one of the earliest forms of a deck having an "identity", like the Netrunner LCG. VTES was somewhat similar, in that you built a Crypt deck, but it was still random which characters were available to you. Also neat was the dedicated Combat deck, which always allowed you to participate in combat without having to worry about dead draws that left you unable to interact. VTES and Rage both had dedicated combat cards, but in VTES those cards were mixed in with the rest of your non-Character cards, so the chance of entering combat without any gas was real. Caveat though, VTES is a much more robust game than Rage and allows for strategies that don't want/need combat, so it's very much OK for one of those players to be out of gas when they do get engaged in combat.

Rage is also, as far as I know, the first CCG to have ultra-rare foil chase cards.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Angry Lobster posted:

I don't know much about Rage but if the game favors combat then it's thematic and fits with the rpg.

You know how boardgame discourse has the whole Euro/Ameritrash dichotomy? Rage is about as Ameritrashy as it gets for ccgs as they constantly emphasize theme in the design with little regard for anything else.

The basic theme of the game is that you are a Garou pack out to gain glory, and this is represented through victory points, which are gained from killing neutral Enemy Cards, or Character/Ally Cards belonging to another player.

Enemy cards are played by the players into the Hunting Grounds and can be attacked by any player during the combat phase as an Alpha Action by the character that a player declared their Alpha for that turn. An Alpha action can be used to attack other Alphas, or issue a challenge to Non-Alpha characters which can be declined. Each Enemy/Character has a Renown value which is how many victory points they're worth. There are some other roundabout ways to get victory points, like Quest and Moot Cards. Speaking of Moots, these are the political cards of the game, as each player uses their characters to cast votes for their resolution. The effects of Moots can be pretty drastic, such as completely removing a character from play for the remainder of the game, though the controller of that character gains victory points equal to the characters Renown.

Chernobyl Peace Prize touched upon cards that fundamentally changed the game, and while I don’t know exactly what they were referring to, the game’s first expansion did exactly that. It added the spirit realm of the Umbra as a completely new and separate play area that could be accessed via certain cards. It was entirely possible to build a deck around this and, unless your opponent(s) planned for it, you could isolate yourself entirely and attack Enemies that only you could interact with.

The second major expansion did it again, by adding the new playable Wyrm factions, with their own thematic card types. Instead of Enemies they had Victims, that the Garou factions could not gain victory points for defeating. (Wyrm could not get VP for Enemies either). Instead of Moots they had Board Meetings, and neither faction could vote in the others, leading to uncontested use of these powerful effects.

I will forever cherish Rage as the game that introduced me to tabletop hobby in general, but boy is it an abomination of design.

Free Gratis fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 14, 2020

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Edmund Lava posted:

Yes, unless it was a multiplayer game or a pack mate had a bonus to Moot votes.

Yeah, there were a few cards that altered votes, and if it was two player game then it was typically a forgone conclusion. Moots were an attempt to piggy back on VTES Political Actions, but are no where near as elegant mechanically or even thematically.

In VTES calling a referendum is an Action in itself that can be Blocked so that it never even comes to a vote. So if the Brujah Methuselah catches wind that the conniving Ventrue is gonna call a referendum to redistribute hunting grounds, he can send one of his bat wielding punks to intercept the Ventrue on his way to elysium. If the Ventrue manages to sneak past or Dominate the Brujah, the vote gets cast and any READY Vampires that have votes can cast them. (Ready is basically Untapped in MTG terms)

Minions with Votes are typically vampires that have titles in their stat block, such as Prince of D.C., or Bishop of Los Angeles. So if a player wants to go heavy on a political strategy, they're actually investing in recruiting those high cost titled Vampires, or playing cards that can make their lower costed ones titled. On top of that, they can't use those Vampires for other actions during the turn they want them to vote, and other players can take actions to attempt to tie up and unready those vampires. And even then, they'll still have to avoid that lone Brujah waiting to ash them before they can speak.

It's a much more interesting dynamic than Rage's largely uninteractable Moots where each player start the game with 20 votes.

Free Gratis fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 15, 2020

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Dawgstar posted:

I know Alderac (well, Five Rings Publishing to be technical) re-did the game at some point, but I don't know if the rules were better. I do know it was part of that terrible, awful, no-good 'Rolling Thunder' distribution system which having worked in a game store I'm still sore at Ryan Dancey about.

One heard good things, but I think what hurt Arcadia was the non-standard card size in an already glutted market.

I own one of the precon decks from the Rage Across Las Vegas edition of the game, but never actually got to play single a game and I don't remember the first thing about the rules. One thing I DO know is the cards themselves are better laid out with more defined terms instead of the messy natural language of the original version.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm serious guys, let's get on this: https://www.lackeyccg.com/

And get a goons play V:tES thing going.

Man I really want to, but I'm notoriously bad about sticking to commitments, especially with how much I currently have going on.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Dawgstar posted:

People laugh at those games but if you got a couple of friends together you'd have yourself a good time. Also Carpenter was cool and tends to show up when I need a Risen Specter.

His tabletop version was pretty cool too.

Then Uwe Boll was going to come along and ruin everything. There was an interview with him where he talked about making a Hunter movie and that there were going to be "Carpenters" which were "kind of werewolf/vampires."

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Kurieg posted:

A reminder that W:tA had rules for healing someone by loving them in crinos form, and a rite that required a giant crinos orgy.

I realize that this is just the biggest "what the gently caress ever", but it didn't heal anything, it allowed the Garou to ignore a frenzy result. My rp circle would always mock this Rite and it was colloquially known as "Rage Fuckin". The most hilarious part is that the revised Tribebooks would include alternate MET rules for a lot of things, including this Rite. "MET: Owing to the nature of this rite, this is best done through Storytelling."

Most of the awful Werewolf internet discourse I see would simply not exist if the First Tenet of the Litany and Metis would just go away. At every corner there's someone who has really not cool idea about how to circumvent violating the tenet, or thinks they're clever when they say "it's not 'mating' if it's gay sex, eh?! EH?!"

Along with all of it's other problematic content, it devoted way to much of it's text to the do's and don'ts of Werewolf sex.

Free Gratis fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jun 20, 2020

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Kurieg posted:

No, there's a rank 3 CoG Gift that lets you heal essence, health, or willpower of living being or spirit. it does not specifically require you to gently caress that person or spirit but it's explicitly encouraged(it requires a touch that conveys affection or warmth "or something more intimate").

Do not question me on this, I have stared into the abyss.

Ah that one. I misread where you said "and a rite" and the specificity of crinos form made me think you were only referring to the rite.

I don't agree that it pushes intercourse as strongly as you believe it does, and it's definitely not the "loving them in crinos form" that you described earlier. I dunno, Lover's Touch never weirded me out that much, whereas the Rite of Clouds and Rain was probably written by someone whose favorite rule is Animal Magnetism.

Free Gratis fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jun 21, 2020

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
Could someone educate me on why "Tsigane" is banned, if they feel up to it? I'm not arguing against the ban or anything, I'm just literally ignorant. All the other cards are obvious to me.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Nessus posted:

I believe it would be equivalent to having a Jewish character named Judah ben Moses, i.e. "C'mon, guys." I am not sure if tsigane is a term of abuse but it seems like a clear alternate spelling of szgany/zigany/etc.

MonsieurChoc posted:

In french it's one of the words used for Gypsie, along with Romanichel and Gitan.

Appreciate it. Thank you.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, Endron is not only a Pentex subsidiary but also the first company formed that would eventually go on to be Pentex, spinning out of stuff semi-related to the binding of the Storm Eater. I think.

The books do a somewhat poor job of portraying it, and often contradict themselves, but Pentex is closer to a hidden conspiracy than an obvious conglomerate. Any direct connection between Pentex and it's subsidiaries is a paper trail so long and convoluted that it'd be a Chronicle itself to discover it. Pentex is meant to be a slow, mind blowing reveal, as the Glasswalker holed up in his room with a cluttered bulletin board connects all the dots and yells "IT'S ALL CONNECTED".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
Speaking of VTES, the new "Expandable Card Game" Rivals is coming to kickstarter soon. It looks very different from VTES, but I was a little surprised to see they're using the same icons to represent Disciplines.

https://www.renegadegamestudios.com/news/2020/7/14/vampire-the-masquerade-rivals-expandable-card-game-kickstarter