Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Mark Francois on Victoria Derbyshire displaying the kind of argument the press could easily win but refuse to do so:

VD: Do you regret using the language of ‘Herr Juncker in the bunker? Some call it inflammatory’
MF: John McDonnell said he wanted to lynch Esther McVey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

Man, these notifications are getting more and more intrusive.

(Also, idgi)

How did Italians get their train pain to disappear?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

Extremely normal country where football clubs are doing jobs that the local or state government ought to be doing but have abrogated their responsibilities.

Pay are footer boys soldiers pay etc.

Also the obvious lie in the response is that Corbyn attested that Ashley puts his business interests before the livelihood of the club and his response was centred entirely on his personal interest, ignoring the likelihood that all of Newcastle’s commercial revenue is likely on a 95/5 split between Sports Direct and the club.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

bessantj posted:

I got this in an e-mail from a recruiter

I have no idea what 'Non-Functional Testing' is, what are NFRs? What is any of this?. I'm not saying I won't do the job, it's £375 a day. I just hope that people won't die. But I'm pretty sure this guy has not looked at my profile.

Also saw Joker tonight, it's pretty decent. We finally see the death of Bruce Wayne's parents.

From context Non-Functional Requirements, but it looks like they’re looking for someone to build out a testing criteria and run tests against it for a good chunk of change per day.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Good. loving hate sitting at the football. Worst thing about Ross County getting promoted to the Premiership is them not being above Aberdeen

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Andrew Neil publishes fash and complains that as chairman of a political paper he has no influence on the editor, so cannot be called complicit in it being a bootlicking fantasy wankmag.

Brendan O’Niell is a stark warning to children about the risks of huffing helium.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

And related to UK housing design and my persistent hate of ring mains,
If it’s good enough for grid then it should be good enough for you :eng101:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

There has been some great and visceral writing on the subject of the American Plantation tour industry and how they are now sanitised monuments to a time within living memory, and Downton Abbey has a similar effect (though the horrors of the antebellum south are obviously far and away worse).

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I don't know if the general theme of inbred aristos running everything like morons is something you can memorialise while parliament tv is right there :v:

https://twitter.com/jongaunt/status/804253125804691456?s=21

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

No I mean you can't memorialize it when it's clearly how things still work :v:

Tbh I found the poll and the optimism of it meant I was going to post it anyway I

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

PST posted:

Conservatives are very keen on 'enhanced legal protections' for are troops who killed people they shouldn't have been killing.

like they think of the victims as people

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Plank Sanction posted:

I've heard similar before but I can't get my head around the idea that it's a cynical dig at Star Trek, which is incredibly goofy but is something I've always loved. YMMV on an episode by episode basis but Trek's heart is in the right place.

Never actually seen The Orville since it seems to be only available on Sky.

It’s Galaxy Quest level digs and has sympathetic and actually good plots and representation.

Best sci-fi at the moment-

Hard scifi-noir - The Expanse
Optimist space fables - The Orville
Goofy sci-fi western - Outlaws

Total Meatlove fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Oct 22, 2019

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Wasn’t it that he and his parents wrote to all of the party leaders and Corbyn was the only one who responded?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Snowman_McK posted:

I remember his book 'the Dark Tourist' generally being pretty good until he gets mad at some dude in Cambodia selling bootleg dvds of his show.

He thinks Andy Ngo is a journalist as well.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

xtothez posted:

John Oliver made a bigger deal of Johnson breaking his 'dead in a ditch' promise than the BBC did today, and managed to throw in a line about him showing that 'big ditch energy' to boot.

He also went in hard at Ellen in a way I think will get him a lot of poo poo

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

That would probably help their vote a fair bit but good luck getting it through parliament :v:

Also it's gonna be fun getting them registered in time.

You’ve probably got a better shot at having 16/17 year old addresses up to date than older people tbh

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

coffeetable posted:

if you're building it yourself, pcpartpicker and google shopping for comparison, logicalincrements for specs (though it - and every other guide on the internet - skews a bit gamer-y).

as an aside, you might not wanna buy a PC in 2019! for most people it's better to spend the cash on a high-end laptop and a good monitor. USB-C does power/display/accessories in a single cable nowadays, and unless you're looking to CRANK UP THEM GRAPHICS most people have no need for the extra heat dissipation that's fundamentally the only reason to prefer a tower to a laptop.

If you’re going that route why not get a pi3 and be done with it?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Pesky Splinter posted:

https://twitter.com/GavLynch2/status/1189104403523035137

Looks like that Grenfell report is throwing the fire brigade under the bus instead of, you, the actual fuckers who primed an event like that to happen through callous negligence, and purposeful malice.

The Telegraph breaking the embargo to lead the conversation and narrative, the report might not single out the LFB to any extent

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

coffeetable posted:

because the user experience of a consumer laptop is designed for normal people who don't wanna janitor a naked pcb

But they were asking for parts, which is a sign they’ve got some competency doing the janitor bit, and outside of a expensive laptop build or second hand bargain, you’re trading a lot of expandability for mobility concerns that weren’t mentioned?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Diet Crack posted:

You might want to stop huffing the turps if that's your level of reading comprehension.

You were doing the purity test victims of racism thing that’s so loving obnoxious it’s almost comedic at this point.

In the same week Mussolini’s granddaughter has been caterwauling at football fans because they told Lazio to go and follow her granddad off a makeshift gallows

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Supermajorities to avoid the government holding too much power, balancing back to legislature.

Parliament has decided that there’ll be an election, not the Executive

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I might have done this more than once on slower-moving forums.

25.1.1.1/index/NeverWrong.jpeg stopped resolving yet?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

SpaceCommie posted:

An old uni friend is currently challenging my assertion on twitter that young people are less likely to vote Tory and seems genuinely surprised that it's actually backed by data.

Additionally anyone in the greater London area who wants to come help in Watford (key marginal, 16% swing to Labour last time ~2000 votes in it and our incumbent is stepping down) PM me and I can give dates for canvassing when I know them. You can also be from outside the greater London area I guess ...

I had to show someone at work who is middlingly pro leave and Tory (we had to pay a mortgage at 15% interest and all the other bootstraps bullshit) the yougov poll about the elderly hoping Brexit would make their children destitute. Wouldn’t believe it.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Haven't seen that (yougov poll) - got a link?

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/6z56phuq56/InternalResults_170421_BrexitExtremism_W.pdf

47% of Tory voters from 2017, 50% of the elderly

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Collateral posted:

That helicopter was over my house for 2 hours from 4am. In related news my wife insists that I wear a fancy dress outfit for a party on Thursday so I have suggested I go as a chimney with a doll hanging off my hat.

Any other suggestions? I fancy going as Marx with a massive fake beard. Truly terrifying for the yummy crowd we will be mingling with.

Didn’t the poor bloke die? Seems harsh.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Comrade Fakename posted:

If by “we” you mean Momentum, then it’s actually me who’s running the investigation. And the stuff in this thread about Best for Britain is better than most of the stuff we’ve got so far (I don’t want to slag anyone off, everyone’s volunteering and trying their best). So if anyone wants to summarise what’s found in this thread (I don’t understand what the code stuff is about), I’ll make sure it goes to the right people.

Rather than go through the website individually, the code has scraped the answers available at once to summarise it quickly. The last table posted clearly shows that the site has been biased against Labour, and is as much a Tory tool as Sajid Javid.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

In the manic twitter engaged politics of our times can I remind everyone that Boris is still under investigation for punting money to his mistress whilst Mayor?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Posted from that Cuban Linux distro where the penguins wearing a ushanka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

The DPRK posted:

Oh my god teach me how to do this

https://pi-hole.net/ Has all the guides. You can prob build one for £20 second hand?