Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
drat I'm sad I missed 420 but rest assured I was very much there in spirit at the time

Glad to hear you're both doing better Kin

Happy birthday Comrade Adequate, do everything I wouldn't do and also what I would or at least could be tempted into

Happy new threadmas to all also

And finally, Joris will never ever be removed by the Queen, that's some dumb poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Do we really think Bohnson is gonna manage to finagle us into brexit at the end of the month, though? Given his success in votes so far and the sheer power of his Clever Cummings Confabulations I don't think he's going to be able to outfox a united parliament, even if it comes down to the wire

Trying to suppress my natural pessimism to get a better understanding of what's actually going on

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Commiserations on bums and mouths and ears. Keep us updated on heads shoulders knees and toes (knees and toes)

OwlFancier posted:

Kind of up in the air tbh, I'm sure he's gonna try but parliament seems quite set on loving him up and we might see a caretaker government.

Though we really want him to be have to do it himself, because that's gonna gently caress up his brexit party support.

Yeah absolutely. If he doesn't, though, and parliament has to step in to get it done, I reckon that won't dent his Brexiteer support since he can easily blame it on parliament/traitors/etc. Although maybe his inability to get anything done at all might start to wear thin and make him look weak regardless (just not as weak)

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

jimmydalad posted:

Hey everyone! I’m ready to watch this month of politics like a car crash with everyone. I’m ready for more poo poo to hit the fan and spray the room with Tory poo poo.

Happy you're a new UKMT regular. Abandon all hope ye who enter here

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Many Irish citizens will be delighted to live in a DMZ in 30 days' time. They will not get remotely ornery. There will be no trouble(s)

Edit - 'what if we take the intractable border issue and make it bigger? I am a staggering brain genius'

Barry Foster fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Oct 1, 2019

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

I've spent my morning counting bats. Happy October everyone!

One bat
Ahahahaha
Two bats
Ahahahaha

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

I know that dogs are foolish and loving creatures and can't really "smell" evil on people, but at the same time the fact that that dog appears pissed at the human is hilarious.

Dogs are big lovely goofballs but they're also very perceptive and attuned to human body language

Basically that dog is well aware the human lying next to him is malevolent

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

I already made that joke t:mad:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Owen Jones did his yearly Tory Conference Safari, it's on the guardian now

It's about what you'd expect

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

I have, but and its important here, shoes are not people.

The whole point of the original metaphor is that it highlights an actual problem. This version is just you going "BOOTS" out of nowhere because you think it makes you sound smart.

You seemingly want the Left to do the typical "oh but please compromise" thing that we've been doing for a generation because Corbyn isn't popular at this particular moment in time. Well tough, the problems are coming home to roost and intransigence, in the face of mealy mouthed "Oh do please be reasonable" pleading from the kind of desperate fucker who doesn't want to have to change anything "too much", has suddenly become a political virtue.

i love super saiyan bugman

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

VideoGames posted:

I lived just down the road from that lovely stand :D

You lived around the triangle? Had you eaten a banker at that point?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The other thing to bear in mind with polls about leader popularity is the stunning capacity of the average voter to say things like "Well of course I don't want him in power, but we have to because of this single issue that's been hyped up."

What's hilarious is that the papers have locked themselves into a death spiral of single issue brexit, just as Labour have maneuvred themselves into the only realistic brexit position (take no deal off the table then let the people decide between their deal and remain). The only other issue being austerity, on which the Tory party's record is blisteringly toxic.

The only problem is that at the moment, a lot of melts are directing that "guess we have to" energy at the lib dems because they are swallowing the Corbyn unelectability garbage hook line and sinker, and those dumb fucks are splitting the vote.

WOAH

Your new avatar rules

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

But then what does it mean to tell someone to "get to gently caress"? Just a rephrasing of "gently caress off"?

Yes

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Mushrooms are loving weird when you think about it

OwlFancier posted:

Nice to know we have titty shrooms to go with the willy shroom I found in summer.

That is an eyeball shroom, are we even looking at the same picture

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Aphex- posted:

definitely looks like a titty

Miftan posted:

Don't bodyshame him.

TACD posted:

I was on team eyeball but now I’m seeing it as titty and I don’t know if I like that better or not

TACD posted:

I asked a friend and she immediately said ‘chode’ so this mushroom has some horny energy

E: I expressed surprise and she said ‘bumhole?’ so this really isn’t helping at all

White and gold or blue and black?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

justcola posted:

Chicken thighs are one of the cheapest (chicken) cuts, a tiny bit more of a faff but maybe tastes better and better for you.

Garam massala, cumin and dried coriander are all pretty good, if you have a mortar and pestle some cardamom seeds are pretty good. Seasoning with lemon/coriander afterwards is also +++

I found out the other week I've been overcooking the gently caress out of beans most of my life, especially in chillies and curries. They only need a few minutes :'(

Chicken thighs are way, way tastier than breast and getting more fat is always good, but they're inconvenient as heck when you're trying to restrict calories while getting in the protein.

Dry chicken breast in perpetuity. Yum yum

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Noxville posted:

https://twitter.com/richardburgon/status/1179712281627766784?s=21

Literally what Thomas Mair shouted before he killed Jo Cox. I don’t see how they can maintain plausible deniability about what they’re saying any more but I’m sure the press will cover for them anyway

These people are loving deranged psychos and they shouldn't be within a hundred miles of the levers of power

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

justcola posted:

I accidentally smoked spice the other week, speaking of getting high/die. Ropey stuff that.

I'd definitely rather do smack than that. Some of the stories I've heard about spice are properly harrowing, and the potential for long term effects is pretty scary too. The fact that a lot of people think they're better off using spice than weed because weed is illegal is testament to how stupendously moronic and irresponsible drug prohibition is

Aphex- posted:

I agree chicken thighs are the bomb, but if you invest in a food thermometer you'll never have dry chicken breasts again. Just season and bake them, take them out when they reach the right temp and they're always juicy as hell, without fail.

Yeah, I was being a bit whingy there, but it does still wear thin. Luckily I also get to choke down tins of tuna for variety too, lol

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Ugh feeling rapidly more sick and weak and shivery as the day goes on. loving students (no that's not how I got sick)

I hate this time of year

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Angrymog posted:

I have been sick since I got back from France on the 18th of September. :(

Bloody european viruses, coming over here, displacing our weaker, shorter lived viruses

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Necrothatcher posted:

Anyone have any advice on how to deal with a housemate not paying their bills? It's only £50 a month but they never loving pay and currently owe me a couple of hundred quid. I hate chasing it, I imagine they hate being asked, but I am getting really narked off. I know they're ignoring my emails and I think they're actively avoiding me as much as they can atm. If they said they were broke I could understand and work something out but total radio silence is infuriating.

Perhaps I'm missing something but surely you'll be in the house at the same time at some point? I know we're all goons but you really got confront them in person at this point

And then probably get rid of them

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Necrothatcher posted:

I'm hardly ever at home (just to sleep between 12 and 7 usually) and she works long hours. I see her maybe once a week in passing.

If she doesn't reply to my last message asking what the gently caress is going on I'll just say that if she's not settled up by the end of the month she's out.

Mm, fair enough. I guess you could do a Martin Luther on her door, but I guess that's just an analogue email and will be treated as such

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

hahaha, no mercy

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

lmfao

edit oh. oh well

what's this about watson tho?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Diet Crack posted:

Jimmy Page and Michio Kaku are not absolute dickweeds

Jimmy Page is a nonce and Michio Kaku is a fraud

No, you can't have nice things

Edit most harshly beaten lol

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Jose posted:

just casually threatening to destroy a nato member on twitter. probably good news for the kurds though

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181232251390042118

Azathoth awakes again

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

He's confused, he's thinking of that time he obliterated a turkey

Donald Judas Trump would never eat a turkey. If it's not fast food it can't be trusted, it might be poisoned.

He really is the absolute avatar of America. A true grotesque.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Sounds kind of like how people here are treating XR people no?

All of your posts are poo poo

Lurk more

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Yeah I was gonna ask whether or not the XR protesters have had their asses beat by cops yet.

I figured it was unlikely given the class make up. Weird when the police not being thugs is counterproductive

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

sebzilla posted:

Buy a house with your insane draconian currency hoard.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

CGI Stardust posted:

Maybe see if there are any jobs available in the green / environment sector for software developers? Would be a pay cut, but you've got a buffer of cash there.

Or maybe a career transition? If there are local-ish environmental groups you could try asking them what they need, reading up on some of the topics, you might be able to get a job with on-the-job training - again, the cash buffer is a help there. Like, say, in regenerative agriculture or whatever (tbh with the amount of spare cash you have, you might be able to start a small regenerative agriculture farm - some involved say the returns are actually really good, and it's environmentally-positive).

idk, I'm probably going to be doing a mid-30s career transition myself in the next 6 months from music to computer touching, and these things are on my mind a bit too

Lol at giving AoF sincere advice on changing his life for the better

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I made the mistake of exploring trails in shorts during summer, and ended up having to do a weird crab scuttle with my cloak around my ankles to get out of a nettle patch.

Cloak?!

Between that and the hair and the beard, I do have to ask if you're a wizard

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Cloak, yes. I found it in a charity shop, and I like to pretend I am the world's most unlikely elf lumbering through the forest.

I want a plasticized one with a big hood so I can go out in torrential rain too.

Obviously if I was actually a wizard I would be able to solve the nettle problem without resorting to the crab scuttle.

I do recommend them if you're going on a walk, they're immense fun to prat about in and very comfortable too.

I unironically would love cloaks to come back, something to keep yer trousers dry in the rain would be ace, and I imagine they'd be pretty good in rain too.

I just don't think I'm brave enough to be the first to wear one in public. So kudos to you, Nettle Wizard

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

These last few days have been very tricky, not gonna lie. What does everyone else do when they feel themselves slipping back into bad ways of coping?

Grit my teeth and try to wait it out, usually. Try to accept rough patches happen and it's not my fault, and I can't necessarily talk myself out of moods, so just hang on.

I do find the fear that I'm backsliding tends to make it more likely that I will actually do so, ironically.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Ash Crimson posted:

It's insane isn't it, our country is essentially going to commit political and economic suicide and nothing we do can prevent this from happening, can you even imagine the collective relief when our lives are ultimately claimed in the immediate melee that would result from brexit

This really loving sucks and it's weighing on me heavily and what makes it harder to cope is that no matter how hard I prepare or scream the futility of our circumstance is immense in its magnitude and scope

Stop reading the news for a week or two.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Or forever, news is shite, imo.

Just read the thread and let the people with the specific kind of brain mutation that allows them to parse news to translate it into human for you.

Well also this thread too.

Ash Crimson, go play videogames or watch films or darn socks or whatever. Disconnect

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Niric posted:

Here's the article for interest:

Hmm. Encouraging. Possibly?!

AceOfFlames posted:

And maybe we should have a minimum wage that allows everyone to live well. What I don't support is that society should reward managers and arbitrary strongmen for an activity that enriches no one. That goes for most YouTubers as well.

'maybe' lol

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

CoolCab posted:

I'm honestly not sure it's healthy for AoF to be posting here - I think he's combined his need to find the most negative thread on the forums (roughly at some point around the first Brexit deadline) with a collection of angry, often disadvantaged marxists who will feed his need to be trashed.

he thinks he wants sympathy but what he needs is people validating his self loathing and he's hit an infinite goldmine here. this is going to keep happening, i dunno.

I agree and would ideally have him banned from this thread in particular and probably even D&D, for our sake and for his. We can't stop him reading it and feeding the misery monkey, but we can at least spare ourselves.

But I am not a mod.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Jameela Jamil is hella positive and an all round good 'un.

Also the t-shirt my avatar is based on came up on facebook again so here be link as promised.

Ooof I need it

Dare I splash on this ridiculous t-shirt that I'd probably never wear out and about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Trickjaw posted:

Do 8t. Eat pasta from a tin for a bit. Thankfully, we only live once. It's a shame it doesn't have the av text too

Might but am now distracted by world events.

gently caress Donald Trump. 'I'm literally shaking with rage' is an internet cliche, and yet

EDIT - but yeah the av text would really make it
EDIT EDIT - I feel stupid talking about this right now