Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Do we have an over under on how many pages it will take for someone to not read the thread title and post like this is the manga thread? My money is on "before the end of page 2."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

MHA has no filler. :colbert: Except for the seasonal clip show first episode but that hardly counts.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Then you should probably edit it out of the posts!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The "genetic material" joke has been made enough times that Horokoshi specifically (and reluctantly) confirmed that no genetic material can pass OFA unwillingly, not even that kind. The real question is what happens if you want it to transfer over.

:stonklol:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Red Riot is so good, I’m so proud of my boy Kirishima.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Lord_Magmar posted:

If she really wanted to know what she looked like there's always the Extraordinary Gentleman's Invisible Man Method, special face paint/cream to at least see the shape by covering the face.
I think I saw a fancomic that ran with that concept.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If Deku wasn't quirkless, given that his dad can breathe fire and his mom can cast Mage Hand at will, do you think his quirk would be pyrokinesis? Because that would make for a really interesting rivalry both with Bakugo and with Todoroki.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You know the rules, everybody, take a shot.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Nessus posted:

Seems reasonable... it would probably have been something like that. He would've probably had a totally different experience growing up, since that's basically the Fireman Quirk.

Maybe he'd have been the one challenging to get out of General Studies and into the hero course.
It could also be framed to reinforce the "Deku is a good rescue hero, Bakugo is a good combat hero, both of them are lacking half of being Number One" theme.

Edit: Wasn't Horikoshi's original hero name idea for Deku "Devil Kid"? Because that'd actually fit really well.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

As a manga reader, this entire arc was really confusing in print. At the time, we were talking about how it'd probably be much clearer in the anime, and it didn't disappoint.

What I'm saying is that I had high expectations for this episode, and it absolutely met them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Hero: Rock Lock
Quirk: Breaking Newton’s First Law
Hero: Rock Lock
Quirk: Sensible criticism of genre conventions.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dracula Factory posted:

Yeah if he's able to make all those giant tentacles from a little takoyaki he must have done some serious training. I like how super powers are just a part of people's bodies in this show, and the world makes a little more sense when not everyone's quirk is worth putting that much effort into.
They also make a point, though, that some quirks that start lovely as hell can become incredible when properly trained. Mirio's started as basically a joke power, but by his senior year, he's refined it so well that 1-A calls it OP. It makes an interesting point about how some people start with clear and obvious advantages, but this isn't a typical anime situation where no matter how much you train, you're never going to keep up with the Special Ones.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Your avatar is fitting, because it's time to take a shot!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah. It’s not that All Might isn’t smart, it’s that there are just some things he’s never needed to question. He’s the type to always take the straightforward approach when it’s viable, so that just leaves him unprepared when it isn’t.

Now that he does need to learn, though, he’s doing so quite proficiently (see the How To Teach books he’s always got on his person).

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Emphasis on beat.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ninjewtsu posted:

I'm kinda wondering about that. "He only has the embers of one for all left" was a thing that was said repeatedly but like, it still seemed like basically all his difficulty came from his wounds rather than that. Months later he was still strong enough to (barely) rip all for one to shreds, if all might hadn't been so previously wounded previously I'm not sure I see much reason to believe that he wouldnt have remained in peak condition even after handing the quirk off to deku
He was also holding onto it for decades, though. And, given what we've seen, it seems reasonable that the problem with burning through his leftover OFA wasn't amount of use, that was his body's limiting factor. OFA's was the amount of strain/force needed. Most of his daily usage up to that point was just being a compulsive good Samaritan on his way to and from work. The minute he had to push himself against a real opponent, though, OFA started to sputter out. This is consistent with the Season 1 Nomu fight, to some extent. All Might bodied that guy pretty easily and dropped a humblebrag. (Even his internal monologue didn't seem particularly concerned about the strength of the Nomu itself, just his time limit.) It wasn't the short sprint that was the problem, it was that he had to do a sprint after doing an all-day marathon jog because he doesn't know how to stop helping people.

To put it another way, his body's problem was that he was trying to keep doing bench presses for six hours straight like he used to. OFA's problem was when All Might started using an actually difficult amount of weight. It's a question of endurance versus power.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 11, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dr. Flash.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Must suck to be born with the quirk for "pull your eyes out of their sockets".
Eyeballs kid and neck guy would probably make good search-and-rescue heroes. And then you got that girl on the right with wind powers that seem super strong even without training, and Rocky Boy in the front.

Edit: Tag yourself, I'm the girl near the back with the flamethrower hand.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

One of them has "anime" in the banner, and one of them has "manga." I think that's as good as we're gonna get, the human brain is a wonky PoS sometimes.

On topic: This was not an episode where the main plot was even a little surprising (except for the specifics of Fat Gum's quirk), but it had a lot of really good character moments. Kirishima is best boy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

Hard Boy/Slug Girl OTP
:yeah:

The_Doctor posted:

I do appreciate the show reminding you every now and again that these are kids, and kids are dumb on occasion.
I hope you aren't talking poo poo about Mina starting a dance party.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kung Food posted:

I bet he gives amazing handjobs
Nah, he's got no chill, he squeezes too hard.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Rhonne posted:

Deku's real quirk is that he naturally attracts traumatized children and psychotic killers to him while minding his own business.
In his defense, Stain didn't come to him, he went to Stain, then he impressed Stain with an actual practical act (punching him in the head)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Can someone make a GIF of this exchange? I think I'm gonna end up using it a lot on Twitter.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I know they got upset about it because Magne was their friend, but the League of Villains correcting Overhaul about his misgendering reminded me of that new Harley Quinn show where the Legion of Doom kicked out one of their members for using the c-word since they didn't want to be associated with any gender offensive language.
:chloe:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Don't think we're quite at that part in the anime yet.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Things that are great: Magne being a trans woman, who doesn't :airquote: pass :airquote:, and is treated as no less valid by her friends or the work for it.

Things that are not great: Magne getting fridged.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I think I gave the wrong vibe with that post; I didn't mean that as a mark against MHA or the characters for reacting the way they did. I probably just worded my amusement at a moment of humanity for the otherwise murderous bunch poorly.

Yeah, I didn't mean to say that it wasn't. I definitely thought it was nice; it was just such a humanizing moment for a character who was introduced as "I love stabbing people to death in alleyways" that it tickled me a little.

And yeah, Lemillion is great. Kinda wonder what things would've been like had he been the MC.
Sorry for jumping down your throat, I'm just so used to people being shits about Magne on social media.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Mirio enters the series strong, makes a debatable misstep shortly after, and roars back with a vengeance in this episode. If you wondered why Nighteye saw the future in Mirio, this episode is all the proof you need. Dude rules.
Yeah. Mirio's strength isn't his quirk or even his ability to train it into something incredible, it's his work ethic and drive to be a hero. The way he still holds his own even without his quirk is incredible evidence of that. It's not the bad quirk turned into something that makes Lemillion, it's just... Mirio.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dracula Factory posted:

I generally really like the dub but Overhaul's japanese voice felt a little more appropriate for the character.
Oh, yeah, the dub is still on-loving-point, but I can see where you're coming from about Overhaul.

In contrast, I'd say that Mirio is actually a bit better in English? All Might is definitely is at least a little better in the dub, IMO.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Y'all have no idea how excited I was to see the (sub spoilers) Manchester Smash and OFA FC 20%.

:getin:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Imagine if Miro called their bluff and they erased Eri's quirk lmfao
Yeah, but he didn't know they were quirk-stealing bullets. Funny as the results would be, calling that bluff would require that Mirio just watch as someone fired what looked very much like a real-rear end gun at a six year old girl. And my boy's better than that.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The drag still isn't as bad as modern One Piece anime, but yeah, at times you can really tell that this was written when Horikoshi was as close as he's ever come to phoning it in (while he tried to not die).

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

I remember it being said that this whole arc feels like a shonen "filler" movie being adapted into the series proper. Makes me wonder if the arc can be edited into an actual movie and how that'd turn out.
It really does, especially with the "awesome super-powered form that can only be accessed under extremely specific circumstances" climax.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Anshu posted:

Maybe future-sight can't account for the effects of Eri's Rewinding quirk?
That, or it's just SHONEN WILLPOWER at it again.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jackard posted:

As for the girls never getting any good scenes, does this ever change in the comic?
Low-spoiler answer: Occasionally, but not often enough to say yes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

LoV's always been cool, but I agree that this is the first time in a while that they've felt actually menacing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

oh jay posted:

Overhaul turned someone into a tire and he got better. Being grotesquely mutilated doesn't mean you're dead.
There's some handwave about how if he doesn't put them back together immediately, they stay dead, but it's never clarified how long, and it's completely plausible that it's just an excuse because Chisaki doesn't like fixing people.

What is with the villains in this show and having quirks that'd make them great heroes? Is it a deliberate theme? Chisaki being a medical professional would be able to heal Nighteye, Ingenium, even All Might. I know, in fiction, it's because it'd remove all tension, it's just an interesting repeated theme. Many of the villains have powers that could be used to help people to incredible effect, but they're not interested in that.

TL;DR:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ijyt posted:

Just watched episode 76, the Overhaul fight was incredible as well as the music choice, this threads reaction to episodes never ceases to amaze me.
The problem with any survey is that your results are heavily biased for only being answered by the kinds of people who answer surveys. Getting anime opinions from people who regularly post in ADTRW threads has the same issue.