Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ViggyNash posted:

Speaking of which, how important is the movie in the timeline of the show? I haven't seen it and have no idea if it's required viewing or not.

It's a fun movie, but pretty much everything in it is set up in the movie, played out in the movie and resolved in the movie. Maybe some character could be brought over later, but the plot is very self-contained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
The new intro song is pretty decent.
Edit: For a filler episode I think this was noticably better than the season 3 poolside episode. At least it's focused on the main point of the show.

Bofast fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Oct 12, 2019

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

TheBystander posted:

This had me realize something about All For One: he can take any quirk he wants, but won't necessarily be any good at using it. Do you think if he took Suneater's power, he'd be able to manifest anything better than a sprout? If he took Mirio's, would he get stuck in walls? Not to mention All For One didn't seem like someone who would want to get naked just to use a quirk.

This makes me think that for all his power, All For One is lazy. He has tens, perhaps hundreds of quirks: would he want to deal with ones that require practice to master, or ones with strange flaws or requirements? Easier to just find and stock up on the ones that are obviously and immediately powerful, which is why when he had his big fight last season, he most stuck to the fundamentals: strength increasing, air blasts, etc. Nothing weird, wacky or unexpected, because it'd be too much of a hassle.

On the other hand, from what we've seen with Deku, the power of One for All is overwhelming, but requires considerable, constant training to use. If Deku slacks off in his exercise, his new quirk could tear him apart. It's an interesting difference that might help explain how All For One lost in the first place: he just doesn't have the drive of a bearer of One for All.

Sounds pretty plausible to me.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

:golfclap:
This is good content

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

jng2058 posted:

I like how if one were coming to it blind one would assume that Jiro's the main character and that Izuku is at best her lead love interest in a harem that includes Bakugo and Todoroki!

It would be a fun twist ending to the show if the final arc is just Midoriya and the rest having beaten so many villains that hero society is now unnecessary. Uraraka could be getting rich working on space exploration projects and Jiro could be the world's most famous rock star with Bakugo and Todoroki providing backing instruments and pyrotechnics during shows.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

A Bug posted:

Sato is going to have his breakthrough moment when Lunch Rush goes rogue.

Maybe Sato will go on a crossover side story arc and get trained by some of the characters in Food Wars :D

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
A real feel-good episode today, if I may say so. :)
Edit: there's a post-credits scene, too.

Bofast fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Mar 21, 2020

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
It was a good song, too.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
It only just occurred to me, but Hagakure shining during the performance must be part of her quirk, right?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

amigolupus posted:

It'll be the Superman Red/Blue situation, except we get Chemical Fire Endeavor and Electrical Fire Endeavor.

Chemical Fire Endeavor would just be Flourine Fire Endeavor, which is a pretty scary concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

there wolf posted:

Also Mineta gets eaten by a bear and is never mentioned again.

Mineta is sufficiently unbearable that it's unlikely, but it would improve the show.

surf rock posted:

Much like in anime, everyone got fixated on the boobs-and-butts part of my post and nobody's talking about how amazing the concert was or debating the quirk rankings :smith:

The concert is easily one of the highlights of the show :)
Did you see that there's a music video to go with it on Youtube?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgwUenaQqlM