Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

AirRaid posted:

Man, I was really into that until the actual gameplay started and I saw it's a weird top-down (and turnbased?) thing.

Er, yes? What did you think a roguelike was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tenebrais posted:

That can't be a Roguelike, it hasn't got ascii graphics

I see we have a tile purist among us. :commissar:

But seriously - if I had a buck for every person I've seen look at TOME or DCSS and say "oh wow, a heavier roguelite!" then I'd have <whips out calculator> $3.50. Lites are as the OP described, except that metaprogression (as opposed to unlocks, which just expand the variety of things that can be generated in game) is not included in a true roguelite.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Lol I was joking of course but I did go on to google them and Clyde's Adventure had a failed kickstarter as well: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digiyolk/clydes-adventure-reborn-launch

Now you know how I feel about Sword of Fargoal 2. They scraped goal by about 0.3% - I suspect masturbacking - then ran out of money with only a playable alpha completed and the dev quit to do his own project (which was Death Road to Canada, if you're curious).

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Play posted:

Aragami 2 is presumably the sequel to Aragami 1.

I always wondered why the adverts for Devil May Cry 2 said no less than three times that it was the sequel to Devil May Cry.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

ymgve posted:

FIGHT KNIGHT is coming out today

You might want to read this before you consider buying (TW: sexual abuse, emotional abuse, gaslighting);

http://www.nathalielawhead.com/candybox/in-support-of-wren-the-abuse-she-endured-while-working-on-fight-knight

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Good Citizen posted:

Also you can’t convince me that garlic isn’t a scrote

I recommend washing more often.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

BabyRyoga posted:

If you got killed by banshees, you didn't make it to a half-hour. edit: unless something was changed in the patch, of course

It was. Collecting an NFT extends the timer by 10 seconds. Although I think it does it by removing the time from the clock rather than delaying Death, as I've had runs end at 30:00 after collecting them, so possibly the OP is mistaken anyway.

Either way you don't need to opt into the beta for those changes as they're now live in v0.29.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

SHitS!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tombot posted:

I haven't had chance to play it yet, but Neon Blight has just released on steam and it looks pretty swoosh! I don't know if it's an early access sorta deal as the page does not seem to say as much. It's a roguelite shop keeping game where you sell all of the unused weapons you find to pundits in your shop and likely more aside. The eventual goal is to aquire the ultimate weapon, which sounds interesting to say the least.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1360660/Neon_Blight/

Only nine reviews as of this posting, but they are mainly positive.

It's now up to 16 reviews, mostly negative.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Scut posted:

ReVolt is excellent. The RC cars are not a gimmick, the cars in the game really do drive and behave in that lightweight way you would expect from RC.

I still own my copy. Does the remake still have the track designer?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Oh, Power Chord has been released? I played the demo. It's a decent Spire-a-Like with a neat aesthetic.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Oldstench posted:

Aces & Adventures just released at a nice discount. It is being touted as a Slay The Spire + Poker deckbuilder. Seems solid - gonna give it a go.

Poker Quest already exists.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Decon posted:

Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1466060/Tainted_Grail_The_Fall_of_Avalon/https://store.steampowered.com/app/1466060/Tainted_Grail_The_Fall_of_Avalon/

There's a free demo up! I didn't play the whole demo yet, but it seems fun so far. Kinda your basic first person melee combat, but there's room for it to be good; in addition to ye olde attack, heavy attack, and block, there's a dodge and a parry mechanic. Also, magic takes up your offhand slot and replaces your block.

Seems like it could either be trying to hard and boring, or janky but nonetheless charming.

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256934044/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1678093970

Full (early access?) release is on the 30th.

I am confused. I played a demo of Fall of Avalon a couple of years ago and it was an entirely different game. Still an RPG, but built around the mechanics of the digital card game Tainted Grail: Conquest - they were originally part of the same project but Fall of Avalon was split off. It definitely wasn't an FPRPG.

Still, having bought TG: Conquest before November 2020 I already have Fall of Avalon in my library.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

Apparently I already own the new one since I early accessed Tainted Grail Conquest. So if you did too, check your library to see if they gave you the Skyrim clone.

Yeah, it's been a really weird trip. They did a Kickstarter for the board game and threw in the digital version. Then that took time so they released Conquest as a cut down score attack game based on the Fall of Avalon model. Then they threw out Fall of Avalon the card-based RPG and made Older Rolls: King Arthur.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

This just popped up in my recommends as it's from the makers of Legend Of Keepers.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2316330/Shogun_Showdown_Prologue/

It's a nifty little puzzle game where you manage time and position to defeat enemies, hopefully without taking damage.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Play posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1308360/GUN_JAM/
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256942060/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1681910590

More musically diverse Metal: Hellsinger although it does not look quite that good. And, only 42% positive.

And the studio failed to credit at least one of the producers (who is a goon). So, gently caress those guys.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

BrassRoots posted:

Yikes. They made a gollum game. Yeesh.

And from what I'm hearing it's one of the worst games ever made.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

istewart posted:

I sank a big chunk of the long weekend so far into BattleBit. I never got too deep into the Battlefield series, but this one is a no-brainer at $15. US vs Russia is a bit off-putting due to the war in Ukraine, but development began years before the invasion, and the devs are in Turkey, so I don't think I gave my money to a bunch of Putinistas.

Given that, when Wagner were getting spicy the other day, a whole bunch of oligarchs' private jets filed flight plans to Turkey, I miggt reappraise that assessment.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

like motherfucker do you honestly think the guy selling a battlefield clone for $15 on steam is an escaped oligarch? the gently caress is going on

Christ, no. And it wasn't how I meant it, which is my bad. But we should not derail further by carrying on the discussion. You have my apologies for bringing it up; let's move on.

Shogun Showdown is out on Tuesday, quite looking forward to that. The demo is up on Next Fest if you feel like giving it a shot.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Heretic's Fork is on full release today. Tower Defence game with a somewhat superficial deckbuilder element. I enjoyed the demo and it has nice style - MS-DOS in Hell with Clippy.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Hogama posted:

It was apparently a 4chan darling before Early Access launched on Steam

So, definitely the cannibalism and the incest then.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Chocobo posted:

Shogun Showdown

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2084000/

97% Positive out of 1,066 reviews

Sleek, well designed, bite-sized puzzley/roguelite gameplay. Playable with one hand on the mouse or a few keys on the keyboard. RNG in the skill selection/upgrades makes each playthrough quite different, or just completely fucks you over, but even trying to make a series of bad draws work is a lot of fun. It's like ten bucks and it's just good.

This has been out for months. It is decent though.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Sounds like a bit of a grind.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

hyphz posted:

Dropped on Steam and other platforms, Llamasoft, a retro game collection by Jeff Minter aka stinky ox formerly of this parish. Interesting historically but not such good value considering that his own modern games are now deeply discounted.

It comes with a documentary about the history of Llamasoft, doesn't it? That would up the value a bit.

(Also: Jeff Minter was a goon?)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Hello Sailor posted:

Looks like it's kind of like Fights In Tight Spaces, just dice instead of cards and no slick graphics?

This is an almost, but not quite, entirely inaccurate description of Slice and Dice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

This one's been getting some big noise because it's made both by and for black people. The guy who created the setting is actually an actor - Abubakar Salim of Assassin's Creed, Raised By Wolves and House of the Dragon - and he's hoping to turn the IP into a multimedia franchise.