Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

J33uk posted:

Toradol isn't a narcotic

It is pain-masking though, and demanding someone play through something by giving them shots of toradol is gross. And it's a medicine with serious potential side effects, so it's totally reasonable to be upset about this.

nobody wants him at that price, I guarantee you

FizFashizzle posted:

Atlanta is in such a weird position.

They should be blowing it up but they just gave out huge contracts to Jarrett and Julio, and last season made Matt Ryan the highest paid qb in the nfl.

Next season Ryan and Julio are over a quarter of their cap space lol.

That's exactly it, they gave huge contracts to the wrong players. Plus Dan Quinn's defensive scheme is total garbage and has been utterly exposed. There's no creativity in it and it's purely reactive. Good defenses make offenses react to THEM, not just be constantly reacting to the offense

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Elway is a special kind of stupid but every other front office also wildly undervalued him and for pretty much the same reason.

That's not a great excuse when it's your job to make correct decisions on these things. Those people were small-minded and blindly accepted the "common sense" wisdom that you need to be super tall to play quarterback.

Was this on that 3rd and 15 or whatever where Lamar almost made it there, than 4th and 3 he took it in easily?

That was a massive turning point in the game. Converting a 3rd and super long into a touchdown.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yesterday also had an announcer going all :biotruths: about fast twitch muscle fiber and lamar jackson.

I would like to mention that Greg Olsen was great on the Cardinals game. I guess it was a sort of tryout for a more extensive role next season after he's retired.

Anyways he had actually interesting things to say that were bringing the game into focus and increasing my enjoyment of it. I can't tell you how rare that is for me, usually the main thing evoked by announcers is annoyance

Alaois posted:

speaking of announcing, it's gonna be sad to see Greg Olsen retire but it'll be nice to hear him in the booth more because he's a really fuckin' good commentator, he's Tony Romo without some of Tony's more obnoxious traits

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Traxis posted:

I thought Al was the one into young girls https://youtu.be/J1fF2tkMUU8

Assuming rich powerful men are into children is almost always safe.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Olsen was good but man he repeated his story about gloves like 5 times

Play
Apr 25, 2006

hifi posted:

Olsen was good but man he repeated his story about gloves like 5 times

I'll admit I didn't listen to the whole thing. But when I was listening I found him insightful, he was making original points that enhance my understanding of the game. I'm sure he's not perfect but I liked what I heard

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1186321523289841664

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Olsen has also said he's not going to retire as long as he thinks he has something to offer and he's playing very well this year.

The whole booth thing was a reaction to him thinking his career was over when his foot was bum for two seasons.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Man that 1st round 2016 WR draft is rough

Corey Coleman
Josh Doctson
Will Fuller
Laquon Treadwell

Then you go to the other rounds...

2nd round
Sterling Shepard
Michael Thomas
Tyler Boyd

4th
DeMarcus Robinson

5th
Tyreek Hill

Undrafted
Robby Anderson

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/1186355917761196033?s=20

The Texans and Raiders play in 6 days

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Don't need a GM if you got no way to add players in the future.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

That's not something I expected to see.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lol

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1186357924169506816?s=19

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

A 3rd? What the gently caress

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Texans do have like three 3rd rounders this year but Conley has gotten progressively worse since his very good rookie year.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/SandoNFL/status/1186355073988718599?s=20

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Do the Pats have one other than the Bills?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Texans desperately need help in the secondary. I don't love that it was a 3rd rounder, I feel like 4th would've been more appropriate given how Conley has struggled. But I don't disagree with the decision to add him and see if it can improve things, and it could be a case of him being more effective in the Texans zone-heavy scheme

FizFashizzle posted:

Olsen has also said he's not going to retire as long as he thinks he has something to offer and he's playing very well this year.

The whole booth thing was a reaction to him thinking his career was over when his foot was bum for two seasons.

Regardless, it's unlikely to be more than a couplefew years.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Do the Pats have one other than the Bills?

No. If they did they'd be mentioned in the tweet along with the other teams that have two. Also considering that the Bills are fraudulent themselves, how fraudulent does that make the Patriots

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
49ers are raising ticket prices but season ticket holders get free popcorn and tendies...? Yay?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

So the Saints are #1 in the AP poll?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Spoeank posted:

49ers are raising ticket prices but season ticket holders get free popcorn and tendies...? Yay?

How many tendies?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1185314614877274112?s=20

Jameis basically rewrote the Bucs QB record book and is only 25 and he's been so bad he likely won't get a second contract. A sad franchise.

Edit: It's a shame we won't get one last Jameis vs. Mariota battle this week.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 21, 2019

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

wandler20 posted:

https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1185314614877274112?s=20

Jameis basically rewrote the Bucs QB record book and is only 25 and he's been so bad he likely won't get a second contract. A sad franchise.

I think it might be worse to end up with one of these guys and spin your wheels for five years than get someone like Paxton Lynch who immediately fails.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I think it might be worse to end up with one of these guys and spin your wheels for five years than get someone like Paxton Lynch ego immediately fails.

I dunno, Paxton led to the Broncos immediately drafting another bad QB and signing Flacco, who is just like the halfway point between bad Mariota and bad Winston in playstyle.

Nov 6, 2002

At least they could cut their loses and move on.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Apparently the Ravens can recoup their possibly lost 4th round comp pick that they possibly lost from the Titans releasing Brent Urban if they release Bethel before week 11. I'd probably do it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

At least they could cut their loses and move on.

I dunno, I think that being able to cut losses quickly means the people who made the awful decision don't turn over, so they're just probably going to make another awful decision.

Also I generally think QB's are as much a product of their surroundings as natural talent, and teams quickly moving on from trash fire QB's are mostly creating those trash fires, and just likely to create more of them.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 21, 2019

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

I dunno, I think that being able to cut losses quickly means the people who made the awful decision don't turn over, so they're just probably going to make another awful decision.

It also means you're not potentially wasting the primes of the other players on your roster.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It also means you're not potentially wasting the primes of the other players on your roster.

I guess, but looking at the coaches / OC's of the Titans since Mariota's been there, who wouldn't they have wasted?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

sharknado slashfic posted:

Apparently the Ravens can recoup their possibly lost 4th round comp pick that they possibly lost from the Titans releasing Brent Urban if they release Bethel before week 11. I'd probably do it.

And the Ravens just released Bethel

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Spoeank posted:

49ers gonna be the new legion of boom when all their fans sit down after the national anthem

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/Cardschatter/status/1186369803377762304

lol

edit:

https://twitter.com/sbordow/status/1186372127412277249

double lol

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kalli posted:

I guess, but looking at the coaches / OC's of the Titans since Mariota's been there, who wouldn't they have wasted?

Also not a single good WR during his entire tenure. Which you can't blame on him since all the ones who left failed on their new teams too.

Nov 6, 2002

The Titans are probably a bad example. But what about the weapons that Winston has had at his disposal.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Winston's a different story. Dude loving loves not protecting the ball. We knew coming out of college he'd have to change how he played or fizzle out, and he never changed, but the Buccaneers didn't cut bait because he'd throw a dozen balls to Mike Evans for 150 yards which was great except that it'd also come with 3 ints and fumbles.

Should've realized he wasn't going to change after the 20th game like that and prepared to move on.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

The Titans are probably a bad example. But what about the weapons that Winston has had at his disposal.

He puts up big numbers in every column of the stat sheet. Unfortunately for him the big numbers in the turnover category is killing his career.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

gently caress his fantasy team probably named Big Kliff Energy Bar

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

OxySnake posted:

How many tendies?

unlimited tendies

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
im hungies for some tendies

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

SHOAH NUFF posted:

im hungies for some tendies

I'd wear a fanny pack around all day every day if it was filled with warm, crispy tendies.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

gently caress his fantasy team probably named Big Kliff Energy Bar

I'm sure it's just something embarrassingly dumb and basic like the "Balls Deep" that exists in every fantasy / rec softball / etc league ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
https://theathletic.com/1302192/2019/10/21/49ers-the-first-to-package-food-with-all-season-tickets-will-raise-prices-13-percent/

Drown me in tea, tendies and honey mustard daddy York