Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

hifi posted:

cardinals sniffing at 3-3-1 is cool

The Cardinals own now. And I would also like to laugh at whoever mocked me for originally suggesting that the Cardinals should drop Rosen and take Murray. That was a long time ago but I DON'T forget

Playing against the Falcons is a nearly foolproof way to win offensive player of the week. Watch Goff get it next week after making GBS threads the bed against the niners

Mystic Stylez posted:

I gotta agree with this, even though the game has been sucking for some years I find it kinda annoying that you have to choose so much what few games you will watch in a sport whose season has only 17 weeks.

Unless you watch RedZone all the time, which is something I suspect lots of people here do, but I personally don't have this option.

I watch the games I missed on Gamepass throughout the week, kind of making my own sane scheduling out of something that makes no sense. Every week I skip certain games, like this week I won't be watching Washington/Dolphins, Broncos/Titans and Saints Jaguars because I don't hate myself that much yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

:rip: 8-8

gently caress the NFL

Seriously. 9-8? 8-9? What kind of unsymmetrical bullshit is that

Russ at 116 while pressured lol. No one else remotely close to 100.

Dalton has actually been playing for pretty well while getting very little help from his team. The Bengals throw away like 25 snaps per game on one yard runs

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ketchup vs catsup posted:

the longer Tom Brady is in the nfl the longer we don’t have to deal with Senator Thomas Brady (R-MA).

deep, deep curse right here

Play
Apr 25, 2006

adaz posted:

Schefter says 3 gmes which is about perfect. Gives his ankle and stuff time to heal too

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1185241733992452097

I'm very pleased. Given what we saw in the game last night, that is indeed the best case scenario

Play
Apr 25, 2006

OxySnake posted:

Oakland goons, what is up with the Raiders?

They beat Indy, they smacked Den around in the opener, they out muscled the Bears, but they looked completely flat against the Vikings and KC.

Are they good? Is their secondary just bad? I cant get a handle on them tbh.

Their defense is good enough to play really well against inferior offenses but can also give up big plays against better offenses.

On offense they're inconsistent but often do just enough. Given the weakness of the AFC they're surely in contention for a wild card spot. They've got a few tough games coming up (Green Bay, Detroit, Houston) but after that it's mostly smooth sailing assuming the Chargers are still dogs

Play
Apr 25, 2006

OxySnake posted:

I was thinking about that, but GB might also he down there top 3 WRs.

I will probably watching to see if Josh Jacob's can continue to look good against the GB run defense which has been suspect at times, but I'm not sure if it's so much a bad Run D, or the Packers selling out against the pass against a few teams.

(See Kerryon going 13/34 last week vs Dalvin cook earlier)

I think Green Bay is going to have problems getting pressure and may well be gashed a little bit by the run. The Raiders have the fattest offensive line in the league and the Packers aren't that large along the defensive line. If it happened to the Bears then Green Bay should be a victim too. The defense is feisty as well.

It'll all be on Aaron Rodgers to make something happen, with not a lot of resources. I'm not sure if the Raiders will win outright but I really like them against the spread

Play
Apr 25, 2006

J33uk posted:

Toradol isn't a narcotic

It is pain-masking though, and demanding someone play through something by giving them shots of toradol is gross. And it's a medicine with serious potential side effects, so it's totally reasonable to be upset about this.

nobody wants him at that price, I guarantee you

FizFashizzle posted:

Atlanta is in such a weird position.

They should be blowing it up but they just gave out huge contracts to Jarrett and Julio, and last season made Matt Ryan the highest paid qb in the nfl.

Next season Ryan and Julio are over a quarter of their cap space lol.

That's exactly it, they gave huge contracts to the wrong players. Plus Dan Quinn's defensive scheme is total garbage and has been utterly exposed. There's no creativity in it and it's purely reactive. Good defenses make offenses react to THEM, not just be constantly reacting to the offense

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Elway is a special kind of stupid but every other front office also wildly undervalued him and for pretty much the same reason.

That's not a great excuse when it's your job to make correct decisions on these things. Those people were small-minded and blindly accepted the "common sense" wisdom that you need to be super tall to play quarterback.

Was this on that 3rd and 15 or whatever where Lamar almost made it there, than 4th and 3 he took it in easily?

That was a massive turning point in the game. Converting a 3rd and super long into a touchdown.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yesterday also had an announcer going all :biotruths: about fast twitch muscle fiber and lamar jackson.

I would like to mention that Greg Olsen was great on the Cardinals game. I guess it was a sort of tryout for a more extensive role next season after he's retired.

Anyways he had actually interesting things to say that were bringing the game into focus and increasing my enjoyment of it. I can't tell you how rare that is for me, usually the main thing evoked by announcers is annoyance

Alaois posted:

speaking of announcing, it's gonna be sad to see Greg Olsen retire but it'll be nice to hear him in the booth more because he's a really fuckin' good commentator, he's Tony Romo without some of Tony's more obnoxious traits

:yeah:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

hifi posted:

Olsen was good but man he repeated his story about gloves like 5 times

I'll admit I didn't listen to the whole thing. But when I was listening I found him insightful, he was making original points that enhance my understanding of the game. I'm sure he's not perfect but I liked what I heard

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Texans desperately need help in the secondary. I don't love that it was a 3rd rounder, I feel like 4th would've been more appropriate given how Conley has struggled. But I don't disagree with the decision to add him and see if it can improve things, and it could be a case of him being more effective in the Texans zone-heavy scheme

FizFashizzle posted:

Olsen has also said he's not going to retire as long as he thinks he has something to offer and he's playing very well this year.

The whole booth thing was a reaction to him thinking his career was over when his foot was bum for two seasons.

Regardless, it's unlikely to be more than a couplefew years.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Do the Pats have one other than the Bills?

No. If they did they'd be mentioned in the tweet along with the other teams that have two. Also considering that the Bills are fraudulent themselves, how fraudulent does that make the Patriots

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kalli posted:

Winston's a different story. Dude loving loves not protecting the ball. We knew coming out of college he'd have to change how he played or fizzle out, and he never changed, but the Buccaneers didn't cut bait because he'd throw a dozen balls to Mike Evans for 150 yards which was great except that it'd also come with 3 ints and fumbles.

Should've realized he wasn't going to change after the 20th game like that and prepared to move on.

In general NFL teams have a lot of trouble with sunk cost fallacy, and there's also the issue that people's jobs could be at risk if they admit they made a huge mistake on something like spending a first overall pick on a future franchise quarterback. That's one of the reasons I was surprised but pleased when the Cardinals decided to change direction after a year. They looked at what they had and decided they didn't want to go on like that. So far replacing Rosen with Murray has been a massive coup that a lot of teams would simply not be capable of doing.

Granted, the Cardinals had it easy because of a super underperforming first year coach and quarterback, but you have to wonder how many teams could've avoided seasons upon seasons of failure by admitting that they chose the wrong guy. I mean this whole Winston/Mariota thing has been four drat years in the making, and nearly the entire thing was just making excuses and being "hopeful" that things would get better. Instead of just hoping the guy gets better sometimes it's smart to actually do something about it and get a replacement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

If you don't spit in the kid's face, what you're saying is that you don't consider him an equal and you won't spit in his face like a man. It's actually a grave insult in the Buffalo area to refuse to spit on someone's face