Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
From what I've heard elsewhere, that would actually be an effective band-aid, with the obvious caveats that a) we do still have to stop carbon emissions/reduce atmospheric carbon, and b) injecting a whole lot of sulfur dioxide into the atmosphere might have other unfortunate effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Staluigi posted:

Everybody post your favorite clip of PragerU instructional videos that proves that they're nazi pieces of poo poo
Not posting it, obvs, but they put up and deleted a video arguing that Robert E Lee was an American hero because he put down John Brown's raid on Harper's Ferry. https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/pragerus-awful-defense-of-statues-honoring-robert-e-lee/

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Staluigi posted:

I think unpacking their "The Suicide of Europe" is extremely valuable because it's an all in one masterclass for white supremacy dogwhistles being packaged as mainstream republicanism. I like it when people ferret up their worst takes to showcase exactly what it is that florida is elevating into the educational system
And in general, you can use a lot of their videos to illustrate dishonest arguments. The example that's stuck with me is, their videos proving that the Democrats are still racist and Republicans aren't rely heavily on evidence from the 1800s, as well as the fact that the first non-white-male X was a Republican. Apart from the fact that the parties have realigned on civil rights, their claim that "the first non-white-male X was a Republican" relies on cherry-picking which X they use. Yes, the first Asian-American Senator was a Republican, but the first Asian-American Representative was a Democrat, as are all but two current Asian-American members of Congress.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

i say swears online posted:

interesting strategy here, elon

It's interesting to note that "ADL says I have too many Goddamn Nazis on my site, maybe I should do something about the Goddamn Nazis" never crosses his mind.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/seanw_m/status/1730041848909947078

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

zoux posted:

Cocoa industry has been incredibly hosed since its inception.
Tony's Chocolonely says it can't claim to be entirely slavery-free, because supply chains are just that hosed up.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah most of it was Office Space style "cubicle work bad, boss stupid" jokes, but most of the women seemed to be angry and hypervigilant, whereas most of the men seemed to be 'nice guy' dorks who were bad at people.

Which is about par for the course for 90s workplace humor, but nice reversal from Scott that now men are warrior mindset tactical threat analysts and women are clueless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nvckip7qxk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulO6zr9svjA

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

stereobreadsticks posted:

To think, just 4 years ago Trump was congratulating Kansas City for beating the 49ers as a great victory for all of Real America. Now if they repeat that victory it's a CIA psy-op. Does this mean the MAGA crowd are going to be rooting for ... gasp! ... San Francisco!

I know I've seen at least one post from a MAGA chud about setting aside their beef with San Francisco, and ignoring the fact that it's a communist hellhole covered in human feces, because Taylor Swift losing is more important.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Scratch Monkey posted:

Every an-cap system breaks down immediately when you get to statements like “the parties involved will do X because it’s easier/cheaper/logical.” People do counterproductive poo poo all day every day out of spite, cruelty, and (most often) stupidity. It’s far more of a given than the actions of some imagined rational actor

Relatedly, you'd run into bigotry/the socially-constructed nature of crime. What happens when Chud McMAGA burns Free Waterfall Jr's pride flag, and True Patriot DRO refuses to negotiate because they think making queer people unwelcome is a public service, not a crime?

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Bro heard "Be there or be square" and decided to embrace it.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Kith posted:

fake edit: they're even labeled "pure bloods", subtlety is for the weak i guess
Not original to Garrison, but still gross.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Koburn posted:

Pointing out hypocrisy will surely work this time
On the one hand, we might be able to peel off some loosely-committed Trump voters by pointing out the hypocrisy. On the other hand, how many people like that would see that questioning and recognize the hypocrisy it's illustrating?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Guavanaut posted:

Jorban Peenerson: I poo poo my pants on purpose to drive engagement. Up yours Elmo!

https://twitter.com/trihex/status/1560107900340772865?t=Qb0dJLFH84yEopPxeMDEtA&s=19