Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Trump Bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://twitter.com/AnandWrites/status/1192220246733729792?s=20

gently caress Bill Gates

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

(Bill Gates would still be worth 6 billion dollars if we took $100 billion dollars from him.)

won't someone think of the billionaires?!

only have 6 billion dollars, someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Gringostar posted:

here's a fun exercise the next time someone says a billionaire earned what they have

how much money you would have it you lived until 80 earning $1000 an hour for every hour of your life

Here's an even more insane one to think about

If you made $1.3M a day since the USA’s founding in 1776, paid $0 taxes, and spent $0 — Jeff Bezos would still be wealthier than you.

Today 43M Americans live in poverty, 260M live paycheck to paycheck.

I'm convinced that not understanding math is key to why we haven't already risen up and eaten the rich en masse.
People just simply don't realize how much Bezos has compared to them. They just fundamentally don't grok it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

tacodaemon posted:

weird tweet from a Colbert show writer (out of dozens of movies Scorsese has made, three of them have been mob-related movies, none of them have had Al Pacino in them, a handful have had De Niro and I think two have had Joe Pesci)

https://twitter.com/felipetmedinaa/status/1192253411162497024

He's not wrong though that making GBS threads on Marvel movies while making Wolf of Wall Street and The Irishman is pretty hypocritical.

They're fun movies but they're not exactly genius or wholly original.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

yer supposed to chew on the crushed ice along with your drink as it slides in your mouth for maximum cold and texture every once in a while

its not my fault that you drink too slowly like a moron gently caress you and let cubed ice melt even faster and make it even super more watery

haha what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

no it’s corn. corn stars. clips of big tiddy goths using scythes to harvest reams of it, lying ready for collection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v2HIbvMEz4