Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Plinkey is a big sweetie, i contribute to the patreon and have availed myself of it more than a couple times.

At the bottom rungs of society all we have are each other and the kindness of strangers to get through to the next screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

mike12345 posted:

So I can message OP if I need 50 bucks for food? Is that how it works?

essentially

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
come post with us friend, we're all p. chill around here :)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Plinkey posted:

Update:

I'm negative $205 (out of my own pocket) for Oct, Nov, Dec, but should be positive ~$395 before taxes after the deposit hits this month.

:toot:

my life has been a trainwreck for the past 6 weeks, so i prolly won't have to dip in the kitty after i move next week and get settled, and then i'll probably up my contrib.

you're a good dude for going out of pocket to help folks plink

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
this is the right place, make a Discord account and add/message Plinkey#8085

since you don't have Platinum here on SA and he'll see what's around to assist.

also speaking to your situation; i know a LOT about work from home CSR jobs, if you have CSR experience and can hack a phone gig, I pretty much guarantee i can refer you to a place I'm working now and get you hired on, it's the most gravy job ever. you can message me on discord too and I'll talk to you about it

smarxist#2284

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DreamingofRoses posted:

This is pretty awesome. Mind if I link it to the Keep Your Head Up thread in TGRS?

go for it, imo, the more goons we help the more we can cajole into donating imo

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Nah it's some fyacist

they're really mad about a charity thread to help feed poor goons and whine about it a lot and sound like complete lovely neocons

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

number 1 snake fan posted:

Holy poo poo, this fund just literally saved my life. I'm self-isolating because my partner and i are both immunocompromised and i need to pay the rent. Mod came through with the realness:

that's what its for friend, so glad to help our posting pals :unsmith:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
edit:wrong thread

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
edit: wrong thread

plinkey rules

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Siegkrow posted:

Did someone aim the IRS at Plink?

nah, he's just getting ready for the Patreon income to be taxed or hopefully get it into a charity so it can stay not-federally taxed

but unless he sets something up,. the income goes on his own personal taxes and he'd have to square it with the fed (pay big)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Siegkrow posted:

Again, I feel like I'm missing some context here, who is this Jessica?

Jess Scarane is running for senate in Delaware, no goonfund money is being donated to her, the end

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Reene posted:

hey this was a few days ago but I added plat to your account

if anyone else needs plat to reach out to folks itt (or in the mental health thread) please lmk

that's awesome Reene, tyvm <3

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ok Comboomer posted:

Hi. I'm longtime D&Dhead Ok Comboomer. I just got hit with a car repair bill that's about a thousand bucks more than I expected or can afford. I've just about exhausted my school stipend for the next two months, and any help would be deeply appreciated.

post your venmo/paypal and hit up plinkmeister friend

there might be some individuals who can chip in, and idk if plinkey has 2 whole grand but i'm sure he can help w/ something

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Bronze Fonz posted:

An enormous thank you to Plinkey and the other beautiful goon I don't know the username of, you two wonderful souls have allowed me to at least have a parachute and literally not be on the street today.

I cannot thank you enough, you don't know what this means to me.

:glomp:

glad to help, goons are the best

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

err posted:

This might not be the right thread, but I worked briefly January 2nd to March 15th (contract employment). I applied for unemployment but it was rejected.

Are there any other resources I can get besides unemployment? I can't find a loving job and live with my disabled mom.

I know I can go to the food bank, is there anything else?

Have you tried appealing the decision? What was the rejection reason?

Are your mother's materials secured right now or was she relying on some of your income? Is she taking advantage of all programs for disabled/low income people? (Section 8 type stuff, energy bill reductions, etc)

Search for your state's SNAP and other benefits website, usually you can fill out all your information once and it'll check every program in the state / city to see what you're eligible for benefit wise. You might be able to get a few months of SNAP or other assistance.

What kind of work do you do? Have any CSR or phones experience?

https://www.ratracerebellion.com is a work from home jobs blog, legit real jobs not survey and email bullshit. most of them are inbound call center jobs for tech support, appointment settings, or sales/service, but they start at pretty decent pay and usually have benefits. even during COVID they're hiring like crazy because they're WFH employers, may be worth checking it out, I just got a new job through there recently with an Apple program

Don't be afraid to ask friends and family for help, especially if they're more comfortable and willing, also goons and this thread are here to help as much as we can

You'll be okay comrade :hai:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I would apply, but getting it back dated to March will be a challenge, the state usually has a small list of reasons they allow you to back date, it'd be worth your time to try and get it done though for sure, that's money on the table mang.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

don't ever apologize for needing help, and make sure you e-mail Plinkey!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
edit: nm was able to get plinkey aid

smarxist has issued a correction as of 16:04 on Jul 7, 2020

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Garrand posted:

I'm torn because I just asked plinkey for money and that helped get me food and water and phone turned back on but now my internet was just shut off without warning (admittedly I am quite behind) and I need $110 to turn it back on.

I don't really have anywhere else to ask but don't want to just keep taking money from the fund so I guess pm me if you'd like to help? I do t know at this point, still waiting on a response from after my interview

ask plinkey, if you need help you need help, that's what the fund is for

if the fund runs dry every month, then we're doing awesome, but we need to get more donators :D

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Shard posted:

Help received. Thanks so much

:toot:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

g0lbez posted:

umm I owe like a ridiculous amount of money in rent (I'm fully expecting to get evicted after this month) and I just found out my contract position is being moved overseas so my sole $400 income is gone when we were barely surviving as is.

I don't expect financial help but the reason I'm posting here is because my head is very cloudy right now and I can't find or absorb the answers I'm seeing online to my question: Am I eligible for unemployment even though it was a contract position? I didn't pay taxes and I had this job over a year. Nothing I find online tells me anything about contract positions.

just apply and answer all the questions truthfully, worst they can do is reject you

it varies by state, but i think contract employees have UI protection

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
dead broke for Christmas time and my car blew a tire and goonfund helped me change it and also helped buy groceries for Xmas dinner, i'm pretty stable these days, but need a bit of help now and then to avoid the ramen and tap water life and y'all have helped me so much, thank you for the solidarity comrades <3

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

dads friend steve posted:

years of law school, all to become SA’s lawyer lmao

(this is really good tho, seriously)

i hope its Leonard J. Crabs

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

fermun posted:

i got nothing when i needed it. thanks goons!

well that's not good, plinkey?

i know he gets a decent amount of communication these days so please also try to re-send if you didn't get a response at all :(

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

neongrey posted:

Hi, I more lurk than post in this neck of the woods, but I just sent in my sob story about my sick cat and I know this is normally for people food but it doesn't hurt to ask, right? :shobon:

its for goons that need help! you're in the right place

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

neongrey posted:

Thanks so much, Plinkey and everyone.

Cassie has been charming the vet staff but soon she will resume charming me and my sister.

hooray!

and i can vouch for zenni optical, i got a pair of my glasses (which have an insane RX on the right eye) for $60 with coatings and poo poo, if you have an RX for your eyes somewhere or can get a recent one from your last exam get it and try it out

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

empty whippet box posted:

he is doing so much better today. he has completely stopped sitting in the litterbox or going too much or any of that. I guess I just had to have a freakout and catastrophize for him to turn a corner! the plan works!

there's a GAT DANG CHEETO makin' healthy poops in the LITTERBOX

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pillowpants posted:

While I don't really have the bandwidth to make budgets for people anymore on any large level, this Pandemic has taught me how much society fucks us and I would love to offer the spreadsheet template I used to use for YFT to anyone who wants it.

yes please, i need to budget

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

LazyDivey posted:

It was 30 bucks with the discount but I was able to ask a friend for some money till Friday so.....yay?

funds might be depleted for the month since we just rolled over and it takes a bit of time for everything to move so Plinkey can disburse, ask again in a few days to get that taken care of imo

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ol sakkman posted:

Plinkey I can't pm you due to lack of plat. What do you reckon I should do about this?

My sobstory is needing to buy 3 30-40 dollar psych medications by payday on Thursday, the short version

i pinged some folks, and you should get plat so you can PM plink or there might be an e-mail addy, hang tight

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

bleeding kansas posted:

dont feel bad about asking during the holidays please

goons need to eat and stay warm

never feel bad about getting help when needed, we've all sacrificed food or something else to make a holiday happen for loved ones or kids or w/e, if you're in that position, get your groceries squared with help from goonz

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
aclee is a streamer who sends out links to PPVs and other events, sometimes people simulcast them through discord for everyone to watch, it's a lil community service, people should chill imo

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah... Plinkey might have some poo poo going on idk, I'm just speaking on what i know

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i know first hand Plinkey takes a pretty decent hit to his own income to run the GoonFund, turning it into a charity apparently would have cost more in the long term, so everything that comes in hits his own personal taxes, also he goes into the red pretty much every month and covers people

would it be cool if it was some fukken perfectly ran thing yeah i guess, but as it stands, it's probably doing the most good it can without turning into someone's 20+ hour a week job

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'm gonna be entirely honest, I've been holding off for a few weeks on asking for help from the fund for a second month in a row because of my own personal guilt about it, and then this poo poo goes and pops off and I see people's post histories being dug into or using people asking for help to take care of their pets as a cudgel and poo poo and making me doubly terrified of asking in here so i just send a stealth email off yesterday hoping to get it noticed but at this point it looks like it doesn't matter.

This fund has actively saved my life on several occasions. Plinkey has helped me and gone way above and beyond on several occasions since due to a troubled living situation and stuff I have frequent issues with getting my food stamps and the anonymity and expedience and all the related stuff makes it easy to get help without getting things gummed up while I work on my various appeals for getting my food stamps/disability/etc going. And seeing as there's a non zero chance of it all coming crashing down and one of my last few support structures crumbling in the face of this is absolutely cripplingly depressing. Especially when alternatives aren't off the ground, and are debating means testing and everything.

Even if it's just a little, it helps a ton, and seeing this is just absolutely crushing. I really don't know what I'd do without it.

thanks for sharing, sorry you felt compelled to defend a resource that has helped you, and i hope everyone who wants to start poo poo and gently caress with this operation has the capacity to feel shame.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

HallelujahLee posted:

yeah thats my main problem with them its fine to ask for transparency and contribute to getting it done but alot of them are clearly psychos laughing in their weird cult thread over there.

sssh, you're not supposed to understand that despite how obvious it is

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
imagine what a rank loving freak you'd have to be to direct a bunch of venom and spite at a community you nominally have belonged to for years and still participate in, just pure arrested development psycho poo poo that doesn't seem "bad" because we live in such a hosed up world where destroying people for petty or imagined reasons is fine lmao

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

I'm showing why it is in everyone's best interest to know how much money there is you dunce. Can you please provide me with even one reason why it benefits people NOT to know?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

pentyne posted:

then why are people bragging about how generous you are for paying taxes on it?

i was only posting my own suppositions from how i thought it was structured, seems like plinkey had a smarter way to go. i trust him, so i didn't really ask/care or interrogate how it's being managed.