Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
so will Sondland flip or keep lying for daddy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

whats castor going for with this?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Nunes going full-throttle 'Ukraine was out to get the President in 2016 and the Dems helped'

eke out posted:

my god Nunes didn't even change his pre-written bullshit AGAIN

they have nothing else. spinning dumb chud conspirancy poo poo is all they got.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Madkal posted:

Man it doesn't seem like Nunes heart is in this. He seems so tired.

yeah. he is stuttering hard and seems shook today.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Hey this idiot that is currently speaking? Yea, he's in a vulnerable district.

stewart is possibly hosed and i feel like the senate pronouncing trump innocent will hurt them a gently caress ton more than they think it will.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ReidRansom posted:

The American people kinda ARE stupid, but they're still not so stupid as to not see the power dynamic difference there and the under the fear of reprisal claim that nothing was hinky. Ukraine should be treated as an abuse victim and have their protestations that no everything was actually OK be kinda ignored.

this. unlike russia, this whole scandal/crimes are much easier to follow and go directly to trump. it also doesn't help trump is that trumps whole system is full of monsters who will save themselves over trump.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

Quote this post if you want the ‘I want nothing’ Gang Tag whenever it gets uploaded.

For myself so I can just blindly search through pages and find people quoting these lines: Mohican

DarkstarIV posted:

Here comes BIDEN stuff again. They really are out of talking points.

yeah, they don't have poo poo anymore.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Quote this post if you want the ‘I want nothing’ Gang Tag whenever it gets uploaded.

For myself so I can just blindly search through pages and find people quoting these lines: Mohican

i'll take one.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

HONG KONG SLUMLORD posted:

This all boils back down to the “Can’t Convince Chuds” talking point where they’re trying to draw a line between intending to commit a crime and committing it to give Fox News and their viewers a fig leaf when they go to vote / argue with family that Trump is a good president.

They’ll argue it’s like intending to speed in a car but not doing it, while the reality of the situation is your breakdown. :shrug:

the thing is the chuds arnt a majority in this country by a long shot and trying to appeal exclusively to them will only end in tears for theses fuckers.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mohican

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Maloney is pretty cool.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jiro posted:

Nunes just sounds dejected as opposed to yesterday.

he is loving slurring hard and sounds loving out of it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

refleks posted:

Hill seems like a kind of person who would be very careful, but still willing to admonish Nunes and Squinting Dipshit if they try any poo poo...

this. her and holmes may give nunes a ton of poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TLM3101 posted:

We're about to find out. It'll be... interesting.

they seem like the type who know enough and don't give a poo poo about bad faith assholes.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I really hope Nunes is stupid enough to try to play his bullshit games with Dr. Hill.

he is. he thinks he is a force of will and will legit try to talk down to her or some poo poo. this guy has been doing the same speech over and over,

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

they genuinely seem to be just wiped out and I hope they're genuinely miserable

its because the witnesses have basically blown up all their various defenses and trump has their hands tied too.

eke out posted:

"Do you think it's appropriate for foreign countries to pay operatives to dig up dirt on their opponents"

what the loving gently caress lmfao

they are trying to act like steele was some obama agent.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Uncleanly Cleric posted:

Nunes really doesn't know what he's doing at this point, does he? These two aren't going to give him his soundbite.

he is stammering bad today.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

queeb posted:

this is 100x better than yesterday

this. sondland flipped but he was also a prick who walked the line to save himself and was super obvious about it. hill and holmes dont loving care and arnt taking of the GOP bullshit.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Gym is trying to be a hard rear end.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Gnumonic posted:

I spent a few hours trying to figure out exactly how the senate trial will work, and I think how it will go is: The Chief Justice gets to act like a trial judge would in most respects, except that he can be overruled by a majority of the senate. So how much of a shitshow this is comes down to, uh, Mitt Romney, Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, and a few retiring GOP senators.

I'm not sure if Roberts can enforce subpoenas on his own though, since the power to hold people in contempt of congress seems to be an inherent power of the house and the senate and the impeachment rules (as far as I can tell) just kind of assume people will show up.

Not that it really loving matters. Even though every loving GOP senator knows that failing to impeach this moron will establish forever that the president is above the law, and that Trump will take this as an excuse to ignore every rule or constraint on him, I doubt there will be more than 50 votes for removal (if that).

The democrats hosed up so loving badly investing so much into Mueller, and then not even trying to make the case for impeachment when the report came out. I get the sense, from talking to a lot of my low-information voting relatives, that a ton of people who don't follow the news closely are just confused by the barrage of investigations and accusations and have no way (because they are lazy and stupid) to evaluate the veracity of this poo poo.

But ultimately, it's our collective fault. Most people are too lazy or stupid to read the loving Mueller report or watch the impeachment hearings or do even a cursory amount of research into the veracity of the GOP's conspiracy bullshit. I'm the only person I know who read the whole Mueller report. I'm the only person I know who watches all of these loving hearings. Schiff's right that this is really about whether we can keep our democracy, but unfortunately, I don't think we deserve to.

i feel like its a mix of 3. i feel like it will be a circus but it will go very badly for them and they will try to get trump to resign, trump won't and they will either feel forced to remove him out of desperation or more likely they will aquit him by some margin. than they are possibly hosed harder in November 2020 as is trump.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

cr0y posted:

The Senate will crack at some point, it's just how much pain they can take when the polls start sliding too far in the wrong direction.

its a lose lost for the GOP senate. either keep the hardline chuds who are a minority and pray the 2020 blue wave(because its gonna happen) doesnt break you or hem and haw and stab trump in the back and face possibly primarying.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

actionjackson posted:

I think that Trump and the right will actually just peddle more and more conspiracy theories that people are out to get them, and put the impeachment forth as "evidence." They will hope that's enough to keep their base and get another EC victory in 2020.

i think the issue with that is outside the chud base, its way too complex to understand. unlike the crimes that did happen that are easier to summarize. the hardline maga chuds arnt a big enough group to save trump or the GOP anymore. trumps a very well known factor now and is widely hated/disliked.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Otteration posted:

Nixon also knew his poll numbers were in the pooper, so he probably realized that the Senate's outlook was unlikely to change.

nixon also had higher poll numbers in the end than trump currently has i believe. hell, i think trump has had lower poll numbers than nixon had when he resigned through out his term.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Deteriorata posted:

Nixon was down into the upper 20s by the time he resigned. His poll numbers crashed from the 70s to the 40s between February and March of '73, a year and a half before he resigned and before the impeachment hearings even began.

i swore it was in the upper 40s. sorry.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

So does this mean a private deposition or public hearing? Cause despite what they said today I think the House would be foolish not to take Parnas up on his offer.

hoping public. i want to see devin lose his poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/weareoversight/status/1198082758926651392

https://www.documentcloud.org/docum...70ekmAeJFIaWbWI

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

If this takes down that little poo poo Nunes and taints everything he's had his hand in, i'm going to need a cigarette and some electrolytes.

https://twitter.com/realDailyWire/status/1198095718063329282

well better start now.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I love how literally every picture from the last 48 hours of nunes has him looking like he saw, idk not even a ghost does it justice, like he's been followed by shadow people or something? Never seen someone look so completely shook before.

The furies follow the guilty, maybe it’s their doing. That or some Jacob Marley type ghost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsiKOJOXMJU&t

now i am just picturing Statler & Waldorf just following him around as ghosts constantly dropping burns on him.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Nov 23, 2019

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Deteriorata posted:

I think the strategy is that if the Republicans are determined to acquit him, it doesn't matter how much evidence they gather so it's not worth spending extra time on it. They have enough to convince anybody that can be convinced of his guilt.

Getting it over with fairly quickly then makes it a campaign issue and every Democrat at every level will be running on it.

its like i feel like the GOP is hosed either way. eithr they throw trump under the bus for the country and some lose the primaries or they gently caress everyone over and transparently let him walk and aquite, than they get crushed in 2020.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

I wish that I could have your optimism. I think Congressional Republicans are going to stick with Trump no matter what and rely upon, among other things, unprecedented amounts of SuperPAC money, their in-built advantages of the electoral college and state-level gerrymandering, and a potentially unpopular Democratic candidate to try holding in 2020. The fact that our president openly and proudly commits crimes in broad daylight is 100% cool with his supporters, in fact it's probably a plus for them. The GOP doesn't have to hold all houses of government or even win any, all that's needed to stop a progressive Democratic agenda is for them to fight close enough to make passing legislation extremely difficult. The overwhelming amounts of dark money that flowed into RNC congressional races in the month before the 2016 election should be the precedent for what their strategy will be here. As much as I'd like to believe that Trump will get annihilated in 2020 there's too much time between now and next November for the American public to even remember the specifics of impeachment. Much like the same way Trump killed DACA, or the Paris climate accords, or implemented travel bans on Muslim nations, or defended nazi rallies, or fired the FBI Director, or tried to ban transgender people from joining the military, or promoted a rapist to the Supreme Court. Fifty years or so ago when this administration began those actions might have caused a stir, but if you were to poll Republicans about all those things now they would say "actually I'm 100% okay with nazis." Such as it will be re: impeachment one year from now.

i dont think the GOP will vanish or the dems will get magically better(they can but thats a different thread) i am just saying in the short term the GOP is between a rock and hard place and the Hardline chuds, the ones that cheer for every awful act are a minority and one they can solely rely on for a 2020 win. also all trump does is gently caress up and act like dumb prick, he has never done any good or noble actions and won't do any to win more people outside the chud sphere.

I don't know why both USpol and now this thread go into deep states of melancholy at the drop of hat.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

:nothingmatters: has been a problem since the Trump Threads of Yore.

sure but i don't get it. if we had multiple red waves than i would get it and i get that 2020 will still be fight but jesus, some of this nothing matters poo poo is dumb and weird as hell.

FilthyImp posted:

The knowledge that slightly less than half of the dicks that dragged themselves to vote in 2016 saw a racist, doddering old sack of new money poo poo that wrapped himself in gold foil and empty promises and thought "yep, that's the guy!" is pretty depressing

and some of them probably hate him now, not for reasons we would agree with, but possibly enough that they will stay home. alot of those photos from his rallies show half empty stadiums with bored or sleeping chuds because trump doesnt get them upped anymore. he is just crying and bitching about the same 10 topics and than he blue balls them every time.

DarkHorse posted:

It's the combined PTSD of election night 2016 and the long, slow burn of watching Trump and McConnell destroy our institutions without repercussion for the past three years

well make 2020 their repercussion than. these fuckers lost the house, make them lose everything else.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

I don't want my skepticism to be misrepresented as Nothing Matters nihilism. I do think it's possible for things to get better, at least at the local level, and some regional progress has already been made. But I also think repeatedly hoping against hope that some new revelation will finally be the thing that sinks Trump's chances for re-election is naive if not somewhat ignorant to the deeper political underpinnings that got him elected in the first place. Trump voters know he's corrupt, they know he's a racist and a compulsive liar and all the bad things people say about him. They just don't give a poo poo. The best thing you can hope for is that enough of his base will sit out 2020 either out of disenchantment or embarrassment, but if 2018 and 2019's recent elections were anything to go by, he seems to draw out the opposition AND the base.

sorry, i wasn't trying to imply you were nothing matters, i more mean in general, also i dont think some new leak will destroy him, its more i think its just more and more nails in the coffin that don't help him any, their is no magic bullet and at the end of the day, trump is a symptom.

nice. he is smart enough to know he is in deeper poo poo out and out denying it than just not answering.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

I mean, it's not inconceivable that they were trying all of this ridiculous poo poo, and then are totally cool with the chaos created by exposing it once they get taken down. This is kinda why it's a bad idea to get wrapped up in this kind of illegal poo poo as a high level politician, these guys don't give a poo poo who gets taken down with them.

If we were to assume that this is actively backed by Russia, as opposed to idiots just trying to blackmail a vulnerable nation once they have Trump's ear, then Russia doesn't give a poo poo about the actual outcome. Either Ukraine gets hosed over or America gets thrown into more chaos. They actually managed to get both, with the added bonus of hurting US/Ukrainian relations.

i doubt its directly russia outside them telling trump or some other chuds some bullshit and the chuds doing what chuds do.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

so now what. obviously it goes to scotus but is it gonna get stayed and will they just say "lol" and rule in favor of him.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Friend, we struggled to imagine that Trump would ever be elected President, and that Republicans would be allowed to get away with all the poo poo they have, but here we are.

Throw conventional norms out the window. I'm not saying Roberts WILL rule that way. I'm just saying never say never.

sure but roberts strikes me as a smart monster who won't blow the powers of goverments brains out for trumps case. another smarter monster down the road? possibly, but for some weird rear end in a top hat who is unpopular as gently caress, probably not. also if he does it now, a lefty/lib could be trump and the right would be in much deeper poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

eke out posted:

Round 2 in the judiciary officially scheduled to begin Wednesday 12/4

https://twitter.com/paigelav/status/1199402572769087488

nice. public hearings with this one or just the big report?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

If it's public hearings I don't think my brain or my liver can take Gaetz, Gohmert, and Gym Jordan.

i weirdly forget gohmert exists. he is legit the dumbest dude in congress.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/blakehounshell/status/1199467268415119362

and here we go.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

skeleton warrior posted:

There’s a weird belief that everyone at heart is actually 100% leftist, and only if we forced people to hear the right arguments then they’d suddenly remove the scales from their eyes and we’d get Full Gay Space Communism now.

It’s not a leftist thing, either; I’ve had communists, libertarians, racists (but I repeat myself), conservatives (again), and “truth is in the middle” types all tell me that the non-voting public 100% agrees with them and are just waiting for the movement to happen publicly to join in.

i think millenials are probably pretty progressive for the most part. like like one of my best friend who is pretty non political is a sanders or warren or bust dude because he works as a nurse and is also pretty progressive in general. i think what we will see is the "non political" types shift from quiet conservatives/centrists to some sort of progressive. but like i said in here and other threads, i think the silent majority dislikes/hates trump though not because they are secret progressives but because he is a loud embarrassing rear end in a top hat who pushes politics into their daily lives and the various blue waves in the country keep showing that. will they last beyond 2020, hopefully but idk and thats for another thread to scream about. personally i doubt we will see some great socialist state in america during out lifetimes, more likely, we will hopefully become like other advanced countries and make essential rights actual loving rights like healthcare and such. hopefully better in the future though.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Nov 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/02/politics/house-republican-response-impeachment-inquiry/index.html

what the hell is this dumb bullshit.