Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Wylie posted:

There's another angle out there of that note:

I WANT NOTHING
I WANT NOTHING

THERE WAS NO QUID PRO QUO

TELL ZELENSKY TO DO THE RIGHT THING

E: Hallie Jackson's tweet has it, see for yourself. Dude's shouting Pearl Jam lyrics at reporters.

Picturing Shonen Knife here for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

oxsnard posted:

reminder that Pence's wife was furious at him for the entirety of the campaign and election for associating with trump. She's like 100x smarter than her husband

Pence refers to her as "Clever Hans" in private

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
always nice when they preface with 'i'm not a lawyer and in fact i have no idea what im doing'

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
blanket statement

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
did gym jordan really just quote trumps I WANT NOTHING notes

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Moe, Curly, Larry

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
if i didn't know better i'd say nunez has something to h

https://twitter.com/katiephang/status/1197325586542268418?s=21

oh

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I see the GOP is finally coming to terms with this.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1197580679975964672?s=20

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
You know you got a poo poo lawyer when he calls the lawyers on the other side "overly educated."

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Hey y'all it's gonna be a long 12 hours or so until the hearings so in the meantime I thought you'd all appreciate this time machine back to May 9 when this story broke.

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/1126665597255856129?s=21

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3885224&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=776#post494965684

Enjoy!

(e: we kinda missed the great mattering until he cancelled the trip a couple days later https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3885224&pagenumber=788&perpage=40#post494994556 )

Tayter Swift fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 4, 2019

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Pollyanna posted:

I did, but I’ll count it as important once he suffers consequences. Otherwise it’s more “hey crimes happened but whatever man” bullshit typical of modern politics. Why would I leap paying attention if no one ever gets their comeuppance?

In that case no, no one has been directly sent to prison yet. Might want to check out of the thread again for a year or so.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

actionjackson posted:

What is that caller "-1" supposed to be in the call record?

Minus World.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

zonohedron posted:

I wonder if, had I been in my 30s then instead of now, I would have found those proceedings as infuriating? I mean, seriously, the Democrats talk and I get angry because Trump is wrecking the country I love, and then the Republicans talk and I get angry because they're helping, and then there's parliamentary interruptions and I get angry, and... :sigh:

Protip: turn it off. It's 100% meaningless grandstanding and will be for a while. If you want to catch the actual vote it'll be on C-SPAN's YouTube channel.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Could have saved some time by just writing 'nuh uh' a bunch.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

They're gonna impeach him while I'm on a plane. He will tweet the end of everything

He's scheduled to do a rally in Pennsylvania while the final vote is going on lmao

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

The Human Crouton posted:

This is so loving boring. I don't know what I'm going to do until this ends. I usually watch politics all day.

Maybe I'll get used to it?

This would be a great time to break a bad habit :)

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Reminder that Republicans fear primaries far more than general elections.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1222242146490769413?s=20

:allears:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Herstory Begins Now posted:

In this case it means that literally every one will want to see what is in there

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1222570022037590016?s=21

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
So is Parnas just gonna like hold a press conference there or what. It's not like he can just stroll into the Senate and declare himself a witness.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i hope so. i hope its not him just marching around the senate because news.

He's roaming the Senate halls to find and punch Jacob Wohl right in the goddamned mouth.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Faustian Bargain posted:

Nah, close it up. The ones in power are cementing their power. I fully expect a bigger popular vote margin but we still get hosed by the EC, by design. It's over.

The EC is effectively the same as it was in 2008 and 2012. It may be tilted some towards the GOP but it has for some time and guess what a Democrat can still win. Chill.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

HONG KONG SLUMLORD posted:

Uhhh who is Geoff Koss because google shows some business dude, and I’m not sure how he’d have this info before anyone else.

I just got an alert from WaPo.

Guess the question for McConnell now is whether to vote to acquit today or let it drag on until the caucus to gently caress with Warren and Sanders.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i dont think so. like i said. he is doing this because 1. he hates trump for various reasons and probably does believe he is guilty. 2 he believes this will help him rebuild the GOP after trump falls.

Best of luck to him then.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

If nothing else, this tweet alone justifies the entire impeachment process. It may even justify Twitter.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Tatsuta Age posted:

btw I just learned a fun fact: murkowski's first stint in the senate was a result of her dad being elected to governor of alaska (where he was previously a senator) and then appointing her in his place. makes sense if they're some big alaska legacy why it's so hard for them to shake her stupid rear end out.

She then lost the 2010 primary in the early Tea Party surge and won as a write-in. Alaska is weird I guess.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Hahaha the pettiest poo poo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

ReidRansom posted:

I would *think* this one could be pretty harmless since no company is going to want to invest any significant resources in those areas just to have those permits revoked by the incoming administration. But I don't know the details on these things, maybe there's some guarantee of a certain duration of a permit that the government would have to honor even if it stopped granting new ones.

Beyond the drilling and mining are grazing permits for local farmers who relish in the thought of armed government standoffs.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Might be worth keeping this thread around a bit to document the extent of Trump's revenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, i think mulvaney and a couple others will be next. he is gonna be doing this all night and weekend. he will also try to gently caress over schiff/house dems and probably romney.

He's already started on Romney with expanded drilling in Utah national parks.