Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

A bunch of cryptobros are gonna move to El Salvador and are gonna find out that some of the locals are a bit more heavily armed/difficult to bully than in PR

ETA:

FrozenVent posted:

petition to change the quote button to “dox”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

fins posted:

So uhh.. https://tronfoundation.medium.com/justin-suns-open-letter-to-the-community-on-tron-s-decentralization-and-his-personal-journey-853990c3d978

this dickhead is using my country to promote crypto on the back of it's national interests. I was gonna duck out on the various fancy parties this year with all the political folks, but time to go stir poo poo up.

as a Jamaican I felt a twinge of fear. We're run by the perfect guy to fall for this crypto poo poo.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

The guy who helped** write this book is a legend of Nova Scotian and Canadian writing and has written good books about real things (e.g. ever wondered what happened to the Black Loyalists from the war of independence? Things like this)

For him to not find a way to make something out of this suggests the subject really sucked

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Octopully

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

as a black man you couldn't really pay me enough to live outside a major modern city. Having cultural items that arent chain restaurants and not having a school board of chuds rocks

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

f that when is the Lakers arena going back to Staples Center

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Why buy weird internet money when the dinar will be revalued any day now

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

One of the signs the Lakers are now being run by idiots is that they renamed their arena after crypto dot com

Like the Astros calling their arena Enron Field in like 99?

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

haveblue posted:

yeah the owners just put the naming rights up for sale and crypto.com put in the high bid

wonder if they have any payments left to make on it and how that's going

Man poo poo the more you know. They're owned by a massive massive entertainment conglomerate - AEG

Which makes it funny the Lakers owners thought they could gently caress over some small time rube called "Steve Ballmer"

(His current level of wealth: bought the Clippers with cash for 2 billion)

Isentropy fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jun 14, 2022

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Trevor Lawrence at least had a productive rookie season under a good coach playing for a respected well run team, The Jacksonville Jaguars

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Doom Mathematic posted:

I... feel bad for that one. And a few of the others.

Agreed, the "dear judge I swear I'll win this time, coins are gonna go to the moon" ones are way better than the ones where I'd bet some jackass probably convinced a desperate person to go all in on their Ponzi

Like the charities that lost it all with Madoff vs the Wilpons

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

No token ring?

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

The Tendency of the Rate of Profit to Fall/Madness of Crowds. Gotta make money fast

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Just remembered Bukele going on Tucker to say that he thought the US was more dangerous than El Salvador. He probably thought he'd get ahead and get in some favours when the chuds won, lol

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Coinbase is still running "crypto is just like the internet" ads during NBA Christmas Day

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

haveblue posted:

should have sent all those donations to bahamian politicians and then contested extradition

they'd take the money and send him anyway, a country in the imperial periphery dependent on US trade like the Bahamas or Canada, see Meng Waizhou lol has no choice but to comply with requests

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

the point is some countries don't get the luxury of considering whether US extradition requests are "well founded", they just have to do them

also the Bahamas/Caribbean has a history of giving up financial criminals wanted in the US with minimal fuss, a lot of Jamaican ponzi schemers (same financial criminal type as our boy) have been extradited

he chose the worst place to hide

Isentropy fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Dec 27, 2022

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

I saw that post and well, I want the MIT to do what Mossad did with Eichmann (just the super arrested part)

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Shazback posted:

Much more likely he bought the subscription year(s) ago to watch the NFL in the Bahamas (there is perhaps also a price or feature advantage of the "international" version of Game pass over the "domestic" one?). When travelling back to the USA over time he ended up wanting to use his subscription & it didn't work. Rather than buying the other gamepass, he just installed/ used a VPN. Since then, he doesn't even think about it and just mechanically logs into the VPN to access his game pass when he's in the USA.

Except most sports streaming services (at least DAZN) have a ton of the common VPN IPs blacklisted

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

gschmidl posted:

NYT has a write-up of the 3AC guys and what they did while 3AC was collapsing.

https://archive.is/Wh7cn

so they’re online poker guys who started off by going to Argentina assuming that regular people in Argentina would just speak English

after this whole thing failed they seem to be in Thailand making “grandiose pronouncements” and “talking the entire length of calls” while drinking and partying a lot

so I can take some futures bets: is Thailand a country where you can buy citizenship/how likely is it when they get criminally charged they get dragged back to the US

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Manzoon posted:

I started school in the early 80s in North Carolina, before our state decided that a good public education system was detrimental to life as we know it, and in elementary school we went to the library a few times to type on those weird little keyboards with an LCD display showing like one line of text with built in typing lessons.

That's pretty much the only typing class I ever had, we used actual typewriters a few times before we had those LCD display keyboards, and I just remember the teacher and a couple of librarian helpers running around and fixing all these hosed up ink ribbons. Plus we had to take turns on the typewriter since there were only a few.

I self taught touch typing at some point in highschool because I hated typing papers and wanted to be done quickly. I also conned my dad into buying dragon speaking naturally from Sam's Club on one trip, an early voice to text thing, that I barely used. One of the training reads on it was a Dave Barry book, haha.

I learned touch typing using of all things, AutoCAD. You realize how much faster the keyboard is than your mouse fast

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Scarodactyl posted:

Samson Bankman Fried

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

he’ll lose his criminal powers when they cut off his source of power (the patches) but by God (prison drugs) he’ll regain his criminal strength

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

my questions for Michael Lewis would start with asking just how much research he did into the story his high school friend told him that he (friend) took a 5* recruit, 6’5” 230 Southern kid who already had offers and taught him football

that had actual consequences for someone down the line, Michael Oher had to deal with the stigma as being seen as mentally defective his entire career lol

I think Michael Lewis has always liked stories and is good at telling them but is more than willing to bend poo poo. not on a Stephen glass level but still

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Blotto_Otter posted:

really need anyone who has any familiarity at all with American colleges/college football to click through to the full story, the excerpts don't really establish just how thoroughly this dude is archetypal Georgia frat boy. i only got a couple of paragraphs in before I started hearing a gaggle of dudes in red polo shirts shouting "go dawgs arf arf arf arf"

someone needs to get this story to Spencer Hall, it’s like finding out the super Miami booster was a huge fraud guy

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

notwithoutmyanus posted:

I'll never forget in my poop touching days where a guy wanted to destroy a banksy because nft, and until I had told him - he never even thought of taking a million photos in different formats, angles, etc to ever be able to reproduce it again.

Just "whee it's digital and that means forever!"

he would have taken the photos then put the photos on a regular rear end dvd-r

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Trillhouse posted:

https://x.com/molly0xFFF/status/1729218560302735841?s=20

goddammit i liked Moneyball. How can you write that and be this big of a moron?

class loyalty. even in moneyball he thought it was cool players could be paid less not really that you were multiplying your money. he seriously tried to say a 6’5” 250 black kid in the south playing high level high school football would never have made it to the NFL without his white saviour family

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

qirex posted:

when I worked for banks they had extensive aml/ofac training and there's some interesting stuff in there like how people doing structuring [or other fraudulent transactions] don't use enough repeat digits or zeros and ones in their amounts because $8,923.76 looks more "organic" to a human than something like $8,886.10 but computers are very good at catching those happening more often than they should

Benthams law right? like they think every number should be evenly distributed when it actually isn’t?

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Pingiivi posted:

Buttconnect was already figured out in The Human Centipede.

requiem for a dream advanced this field far earlier, sorry

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Give this unrepentant rear end in a top hat a gas station sentence. 140. He's shown no contrition or sorry at any point

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

kw0134 posted:

reminder there's no parole in the federal prison system; it's wysiwyg with respect to sentencing. so if good boy sbf gets 25 years, then he serves that much time with a credit for pre-sentencing detention.

Isn't it that you must serve 80 pct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

I feel like being a cop pedo is one of those things that should get you put in super jail where we don't hear from you anymore.

I wonder if there's been someone like SBF who realizes Jail doesn't care about the parents and became reformed. Hey Puyi was reformed