Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
Japan has those too. They don't do self service gas as far as I know so being tall enough is probably a job requirement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

The Management posted:

Here’s that rust you ordered

I was just wondering why that one truck is so happy to follow along behind them for so long. I can only imagine it is a spotter working with them

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I just found this treatment to be amazing because it could have been done 100 years ago if it was known.

I have never heard of this, what is the treatment called?

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Entangled posted:

I wasn't sure if this was a mishap or just peak efficiency. Evidently, that is the :canada: way of unloading a barge full of timber, which seems pretty OSHA even if done remotely from the tug.

It was really weird seeing this. I used to watch this happen as a kid. You could see it from the main beach in my small town. It was probably the same barge even. The process isn't fast so catching it at the right time to actually see it dump was a rare occurrence.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Serephina posted:

We really need to normalize having videos posted of thrill-seekers going splat (or rather, post/talk about new articles discussing them go splat) more often.

I have noticed a thing where basically every video showing wing-suit related stunts on YouTube has a comments section that entirely consists of things like, "RIP - a true legend in the sport"

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

B-Rock452 posted:

As a former climbing guide that image made me yelp.

I have a sled I pull to workout with and while doing a heavy set last year I had to turn the sled around to finish and managed to backclip the carabineer attaching the harness to the sled and when I dug in and started to pull it came unclipped and I went flying. Was completely scraped up and bruised.

This is a backclip. It is scary

This is interesting, I am not a climber and why one was bad wasn't immediately obvious to me. I had to imagine a person falling a few times and what would happen with the rope in both situations. Eventually it clicked.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
I wonder what keeps things so fluffy. Is it a special material? Do they have to rake it constantly?

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Lettuce is harvested

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Safety Dance posted:

I really don't like how that carabineer is open on one side, when a proper locking carabineer would work just as well.

A locking carabineer can be unlocked. That carabineer cant be removed from the wire unless it's at one end or the other. Even if you wanted to remove it mid way you couldn't