Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

Can somebody tell me what this is other than my dream job?

https://i.imgur.com/mS1TQw5.mp4

It's a Russian machine designed to cut a apple into four pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Zipperelli. posted:

Tell me about how you all pump gas.

Directly into a plastic bag like a normal person.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

MikeCrotch posted:

There should be a contactless lane where someone in F1 style pit crew getup pumps £30 of fuel in like 5 seconds using one of those massive hoses

There should also be a "to go" lane where you can buy your gasoline pre-bagged.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

You can also just buy some hydrochloric acid and some sodium, mix them together, and you get hydrogen and table salt.

That's how Soviet salt shakers work.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Erisian Automata posted:

So, an emergency is an emergency, and bad stuff happens which we try to minimize. But uh. Sorry about the jet fuel we dumped on your kids?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/17-kids-injured-after-delta-jet-dumps-fuel-l-playground-n1115586

JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT! :tinfoil:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Good thing OSHA has a ruling on hard hat stickers.

OSHA posted:

OSHA would consider painting or placing adhesive stickers acceptable if the manufacturer authorizes the alteration or the employer can demonstrate that the reliability of the helmet is not affected by the paint or the adhesive on the stickers; and the paint or placement of stickers would not reduce the ability to identify defects (i.e., use of see-through stickers) or other conditions that would indicate a reduced reliability.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Feb 14, 2020

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

The venn diagram of scientists/technicians and people willing to examine evidence from crime scenes produces a really odd group of personalities.

Did you know that a lot of criminal investigative science is about to start grinding to a halt if we don't find a reliable source of helium?

The venn diagram of scientists/technicians willing to examine evidence from crime scenes and scientists/technicians unwilling to work if they can't do funny voices is a perfect circle.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

it's not that naming viruses after places is racist, just that republicans figured out a way to be racist while doing it. they're fairly innovative, really the thought leaders in the field tbh.

Muerto Canyon hantavirus ruined it for everyone.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Oh, don't mind me, I'm just picking up random babies for a smooch.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah, for the first 3/4 of that video I was all "That's a pretty cool garbage truck."

For the last 1/4 it was a pretty hot garbage truck.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Indian Candyman looking good.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I'm the rona mask in the woods but zero eye protection.

Also the inability to get clear from the falling tree/debris.

I'm the tiny-rear end baby chainsaw.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Cat Hatter posted:

Any ideas who makes that chainsaw? Looks too dark to be a Husqvarna, doesn't look like an Echo. Nobody on Earth owns a Shindaiwa...

Huyosen maybe?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

SpaceCadetBob posted:

I just googled industrial pigs and found this site
https://pigsunlimited.com/pigging-formulas.php

If you plug 10 inches and 4700 feet into the Time of Pig Run calculator, the gallons per minute of liquid required to get a transit time of 7 minutes is around 2,750 gallons per minute. Since the calculator uses liquid (which is orders of magnitude less compressible than air) instead of compressed air, the PSI on the compressed air is going to be absolutely ridiculously high.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 13, 2020

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Actually, if you plug 10 inches, 4700 feet, and 20 PSI into the Cubic Feet Required To Fill Pipeline calculator, the capacity of the compressor required to get a transit time of 7 minutes is around 500 cubic feet per minute, so it's entirely possible he was doing it at 20 PSI, he was just pumping way too much air in there.

Instead of 500 cfm of air, he needed about 7.42 cfm to get a transit time of 7.83 hours.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 13, 2020

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Heh, I love playing with formulas that I have no idea are correct.

here is off the last link that I put in. Numbers make sense to me, so maybe it did get to around 80 psi?

The above shows that a 2000 cfm compressor will fill the volume to 80psi in 7 minutes. Kinda all works out.

I got the same numbers with 20 PSI and a 500 cfm compressor, so we need to know the capacity of the compressor he was using (it was definitely too high).

McGavin fucked around with this message at 20:20 on May 13, 2020

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

But what about the pig's enormous, mesmerizing balls?

Some bastard cast reduce balls on them:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:fireman:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It's when you stick a metal rod up the tree's urethra for sexual pleasure.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It's the all white one.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:piss:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Cyrano4747 posted:

Both me and my wide have been telecommuting for the last three months and goddamn it’s loving wonderful.

Nice Freudian slip.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

quote:

Seattle U.S. Attorney Brian Moran

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Nenonen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbvpVf-T0io

"At first, a staff member at a local propaganda bureau revealed it was a publicity stunt to draw public attention" (actually it was a harness malfunction) :cripes:

I'm more worried about the guy 33 seconds in. His shoe definitely came off.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I can't figure out who hosed up here because I can't make out the light. Or where the white car is coming from.

The light is clearly red in the Facebook link. They were probably street racing because I can't think of any other possible explanation for two vehicles running a red light at top speed.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I wish to return this hotdog slicer.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Tires came off... He's dead.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

well they're all dead

The REAL MAN clearly survived to pass his genes on to the next generation.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

haveblue posted:

beautiful human elevator

I drive a Chevrolet movie theater.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

I would try to pose in a way that will leave a humorous diarama.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Cemento fresco.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:rip: Smoothie

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

GotLag posted:

When I was a dumb teenager I was one of 10 people in a car about the same size. I thought we'd done pretty well but I guess not

Don't feel too bad, it's one of those Russian nesting cars.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Kokanee vs Sockeye?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

MF_James posted:

This made me grit my teeth and sweat a little bit.

I'm Canadian, so I don't see the problem in the video. Can someone explain?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I'm the guy caressing and gazing longingly at the blow job machine.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

dialhforhero posted:

What cloud is a good cloud?

Fart cloud = no
Black cloud = no
Orange cloud = no
Storm cloud = no
Cloud Atlas = no

FFVII Cloud = Yes.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/xeSaPgf.gifv

:rip: Phoenix, Oregon

McGavin fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Sep 10, 2020

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I'm the propane tank on the forklift that's on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Russian Jenga is hardcore.