Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
I was watching a CCE machining video someone linked and now I'm thinking about stuff and it sucks. How do you weld the face of two things together? Like if you have really heavy, really wide cylinders and you want to make it one cylinder, how does fusing them together with welds on the perimeter work? Im sure you grind down the stuff that sticks out so what's holding it together? Are the two faces of the cylinders that touch not fused? Man gently caress I dont know how of this works its just magic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

Serjeant Snubbin posted:

Friend of the thread, Adam Savage, also has concerns about fly wheels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XffkqfymSXc

Do you know where the full video is? I wanna see their test at the "safe" location.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

must be nice

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

wiegieman posted:

Why would you take your unique, expensive, completely untested hot rod out onto regular streets to test drive it? Why not, like, any track?

I know the answer to this and similar questions is "more money than sense" but I still feel the need to ask it.

the video is pretty funny too. he says it cost him "23 years, $200,000, and 2 wives building this car"

dudes will literally build a death trap and tank their relationships instead of going to therapy

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBKBvhRcdb0&t=251s

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

very no

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah66IIcydVw

new shiey video. fascinating, meditative, and exciting as always.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

how does this machine work and why is he in a suit

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

Scholtz posted:

I'm not a mason/structural engineer, but if I'm being incredibly forgiving to the property owner (and they do not deserve any slack here) maybe they were a particularly moronic demon and thought they were just holding up an aesthetic brick facade?

nope, just evil

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

absolutely perfect. i knew what the song was even before i unmuted. this thread is amazing

edit: wow and the foreskin one somehow improved on perfection. genius.

thehandtruck fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jun 27, 2023

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm6olzTXslI

tag urself im in the guy riding atop the giant thing in the first 60 seconds

edit: on continued viewing im also the unaddressed chattering on literally every machine and part

thehandtruck fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jul 15, 2023

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

no one seemed to catch on to how insane this is

what is the use for this thing they created, which from the little i understand is basically a bomb?

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

that grandma almost died right?

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i20sNuQBwWE

lotta emojis here

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

Can we see

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the toilet in my apartment is flooding and i called the maintenance team but they said the on call guy is sleeping so im diligently reading this thread and studying the gifs to find a fix

edit: the induction gear oil thing has not been helpful (but is extremely cool)
edit2: it leaking slowly by drops for the past few days but i did not want to deal with it

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

Blue Footed Booby posted:

There's threads on DIY for that.

no thank you. i have my islands and i stick to them. its called loyalty

trip report: i have a few buckets placed around the toilet to catch the water. used a couple towels to mop up some water and threw em in the wash. it does not smell bad, but the dripping is loud and annoying. i imagine this is how vietnam was

thehandtruck fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Sep 18, 2023

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

shame on an IGA posted:

from where are the potty tears escaping

theres this cool looking steel tube or cable or something i dunno but it goes from somewhere on the toilet to the wall. there's a thing i presumably can turn where it meets the wall, kinda looks like something from Riven. the middle of the thing is where its dripping. its dope.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

haveblue posted:

That is the water feed that refills the toilet when it flushes

What is "the thing"? If the water is coming out of the steel tube or its connection to the toilet, turning the valve should stop it, but the toilet won't flush until the steel tube is replaced and the valve turned back on

If "the thing" is the valve itself, this is beyond self-repair and you need to wake up the on call guy

i just turned the valve and it stopped dripping. so everything is fixed! thank u.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

On call guy just came. He seemed sleepy. I offered some tea, but I don't have caffinated tea so it's good he declined or it might have made him sleepier. He said it was the something pump that was broken so he fixed that. I said are u sure it's not the water line? He said no. I said okay. He was only Here for about 10 minutes. It works now and is not leaking.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

thats really cool but you can just buy one of those on amazon

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

ok i was scrolling slowly and for a moment my brain registered the top half of that gif as goatse adjacent helped by the skin tone hue to the right of the "anus" and i thought i was in the wrong (right) thread for a moment and please dont search for my post history for "goatse" yes i do think SA will be returned to its former glory one day and yes it will be because of goatse and yes i will be taking questions

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

if one was in the mood to view thousands upon thousands of osha violations per second, aka, the densest mass of osha violations on earth, what video(s) should one watch?

LifeSunDeath posted:

Here I am, throwing my loving bricks away!

it doesnt matter much to me, as long as they're laid ? (sory couldnt help myself)

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

its a start!

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

whats it say about me and my brain that i kept watching this forever thinking this was some sort of non-electrical device meant to right the angles of the boxes or something so they'd go into the next stage of the line at the correct whatever thing

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I know he's hamming it up in the next shot but still yikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjv75kJyZ7M&t=1672s

im not even a thing toucher but this freaked me the gently caress out

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEbUNLHdX0E

great vid and some prizes around 35 minutes in

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

jesse, we need to tunnel.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

shame on an IGA posted:

half an hour of the Baghdad traffic experience:

https://youtu.be/0smQI3C6lX8

that vid brought me to this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hEqK7NRs5w
andi cant tell if the anime villan at 3:59 is speed up or not

tag urslef im the "my sharona" OST

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

Buce posted:

i hate all that chintzy showmanship. just make a good food item pls

u dont like sand in your food??????? okay??????? loving goonsay

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

please for the lov eof god show me a youtube channel(s) with so much of this. i want to see it run clear. ive already consumed all the videos from the cool new england culvert guy

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

sigh, another year my people are not beating the "rat" allegations. there's always next year.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

boat guy reminds me of SVSeeker boat guy, who is a total piece of poo poo. i watched from the very first video a decade ago and slowly realized he was just the ultimate MGTOW old manchild. cool boat stuff tho, loved watching the hull welding process

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

cant bore there mate

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTwxxEmgUuw

start from 21:07 (or from the beginning, it's all pretty OSHA)

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

i thought that was kale at first. im glad its not kale because then i'd be looking at kale. kale is disgusting. death to kale.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

PainterofCrap posted:

A cat worth riding a 737 Max for.

A Chick In The Cockpit has some thoughts:

These Problem Based Learning situations are extremely interesting to the way my brain works. We used to do them a lot in school, I loved the puzzly problem solving mixed with morality trolly problems. Are there any videos where she goes through those situations similar to the one in that pic?

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

I dont understand. Don't they want those pieces? Aren't they expensive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

Vampire Panties posted:

its the burning plastic to get the other plastic hot enough to melt that is :discourse:

Like watching cancer in real time

plastic fueling plastic. hey, we asked for sustainability! pretty sure this is akin the infinite energy machines right?

edit: also the guy was more mad at capitalism than the sawstop dude how was that complex in this thread of all places