Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jose posted:

If Corbyn wins an outright majority the press are going to go off it about voter fraud and everything else to try and stop it being seen as a legitimate win

Well yeah, but who gives a poo poo if they're gonna get Leveson'ed anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

CGI Stardust posted:

I think there's a thing where reactionaries, especially competent ones, turn on other reactionaries who are perceived as weak; it wouldn't surprise me if Neil, as a competent reactionary, absolutely savaged Johnson. If your existence is defined by hierarchy, then one thing you can't stand is a failure at the top. And, well, Johnson's lazy and poo poo, he's been coasting, and it's really obvious.

Looking forward to this post ageing rapidly.

Wow Chuka Umunna was just terrible as always on Marr there. I guess it's up to the Queen to form a Lib Dem government (?).

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
"You've Been In Power For 10 Years" are words you don't hear enough on the BBC

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Welp, Neil pretty much monstered Jòris on schools, libraries, hospitals, prisons, criminal justice, benefits, child poverty, Islamophobia, and Brexit. There should be endless clips of flailing angry prevarication to spread after this.

He still didn't actually push back on any lies, or stop Johnson from blustering on CORBYN BAD tangents, but it was a lot more substantial than I would have expected.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Hizballah, like hezbollah but with fancy alloy rims.

I think it's one of the many accepted spellings - like Q/Kh/Gaddafi

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

What would be a good comparison. We're not yet at the Bliain an Áir but we're well past the Harrying of the North. We're at least in Suuret kuolonvuodet territory.

If we're talking globally I wouldn't be surprised if austerity deaths outstripped the Holocaust. Especially if you interpret particular famine genocides through the lens of austerity politics, even if they wouldn't have been formulated as such at the time.

Generally better to just not compare things to Auschwitz. In college, we had a lil CO2 box for euthanizing mice that we called "Mauschwitz". Seems iffy in retrospect (also Spiegelman did it first)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

"I'm not owned, I'm just disappointed" - J. Rent-A-Tool

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
This Panorama about Nonce Andrew is great, letting the poor abused woman tell her story and occasionally intercutting in clips of Andrew being a sweaty stammering lizard.

Though BBC might just be doing it now to draw attention away from the other sweaty sexual badman in No. 10, who knows

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Bardeh posted:

hahhaah amazing :allears:

As always, The Thick Of It is a documentary

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

baka kaba posted:

remember that America's Army team FPS game where whichever team you were on you always saw your side as US soldiers and the enemy as the bad terrorist

Also it was a direct recruitment tool for the US Army

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
e:^^^^^^^ :hmmyes:

Odds that she's already dead and they're just keeping t under wraps til after the election? maybe she knew too much about Epstein?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

I mean she did do the state visit with trump today, so maybe her body double is dead.

that was Melania she's just ageing terribly

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Isomermaid posted:

The blitz spirit is mostly invoked by people that didn't live through it, or if they did were well enough off so as not to be materially affected as far as I can tell.

It's a bit passe, but whenever the Blitz spirit is invoked I always recall this observation by Henning Wehn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqEB_598cU8&t=140s

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

If it is it's probably only grammatically, so you'd be saying like "I see nothing here" instead, latin grammar is dumb.

IIRC you can pretty much put the verbs and nouns and whatnot in any order in Latin and it's still perfectly cromulent. I guess it can emphasise different things but you won't strictly be wrong. But loving hell 6 noun cases, gimme a break

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

ironically this appears to be blocked here in the UK
...and on my US proxy. what the heck

A YT thats available in ROI but not in UK/US? How even...

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Might listen to this one

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The Jo of Swinson biopic we've been waiting for

E: 48, four dozen of a thing

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Camrath posted:

But last night I soft-launched a new business venture of selling fudge over Facebook, and I woke up this morning to an inbox of orders.

Soft or not, you're gonna have to do a lot packing or there'll be disappointment

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

he's 5'9" same as Corbyn (and myself)

:3:

Worrying that the UK is going to be governed by manlet either way. Has anyone broken down the Leave/Remain split by average height? Could be quite telling

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

He's probably got lifts in his shoes.

On the internet it says James Hetfield is 6ft 2 but they did a secret gig at the Marquee once as a Wembley warmup and he's shorter than me (I was probably about 6ft in my boots) - unfortunately I was so shocked I patted him on the head and said 'god you're short'. Hm.

No wonder he's back in rehab

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

I was actually 5'8" for ages until I started sitting and standing up straight like my PARENTS FOOKIN TOLD ME

Actually same, but now I'm 6'6" (and contractually obliged to mention it every time height is up for discussion). One of the nicest perks of Lifting A Weight

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

It's a "funny cause it's so stupid" word, but I wouldn't use it in real life. Most of my best mates are wee folk, the only real difference is that they don't hit their head getting off the bus, and can fit in a plane seat.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

History Comes Inside! posted:

they clocked the beard and tattoos (and the fact I'm in my 30s).

Kids these days are hard, you wouldn't know for sure

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Oh dear me posted:

Which is particularly annoying when they get to dominate conversations with their great booming voices too.

Do tall people have booming voices? I just sound like a mumbling Irish nerd

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Camrath posted:

I'm 6'2" with like a 48" chest (so broad as well as tall)

Weird Bowflex but ok

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Azza Bamboo posted:

Broke: throat talking

Woke: chest talking

Bespoke: TALKING FROM THE PIT OF THE BELLY

Nojoke: Talking like a Neanderthal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o589CAu73UM

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Azza Bamboo posted:

I read this in the neanderthal voice.

Lol.

Anyway, looks like Jo; has been outwitted by the bees
https://twitter.com/PennyRed/status/1202218490339434498?s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

I'm sure there's a word for emotion so overriding that you lose the ability to express it. Same reason people cry when happy I think. You can get so upset you run out of expressive responses. I used to occasionally get bouts of hysterical laughter instead.

I keep wanting to say affective override but that's something different.

Joker Syndrome

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

the flying erect cock with legs and a tail that is also a cock also its own, also erect, cock between the legs. In bronze. With bells on.

Speaking of which, Jo; is coming across as bad as you would expect on Andrew Neil. CORBYN ANTISEMITE tho

e: according to Aristotle, 56 is the number of layers of the Universe - Earth plus 55 crystalline spheres above it. Seems plausible, but they're all probably poo poo

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Dec 4, 2019

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Isomermaid posted:

I like how the longer you look at that the more dicks you see.

You watching BBC Parliament?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
lolllll Jo;s only answer to "but you voted for austerity more enthusiastically than most Tories" is essentially "yeah sorry that was bad, sorry about that, wont do it again, vote for me" :thumbsup:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Braggart posted:

Oh man, STOP BREXIT guy is gonna have to respond in kind.

The Glasgow Ice Cream Wars but this time it's Brexit instead of drugs

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

RabidWeasel posted:

Anime is still full of manly tears, it's great.

anime... is poo poo

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

TheRat posted:

Yeah I'm gonna have to pass on that one

Yeah I had it DVRed and was just about to put it on last night but when I saw the info I did a 360 and moonwalked out of there

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Braggart posted:

Survival plan is to win the loving election, because we're gonna :hai:

:hai::hai::hai::hai::hai::hai::hai::hai:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

We need a horrible goose to chase johnson out of office.

Pretend I found the relevant picture and posted it here, rather than spending 5 minutes fruitlessly googling variants of "untitled goose Boris Johnson Brexit DUP". It was a funny image tho :unsmith:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Rarity posted:

pull off a Pissflaps

Has an almost jingle-like ring to it.

P-p-p-pull Off A Pissflaps

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Zero Gravitas posted:

Quick check: whats the threads thoughts on the almost inevitable hung parliament or tory majority?

Have to make sure we have enough rope

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

tfw when the UUP are citing known IRA commandant Gaeraichma Coibbhan

Diarmaid Ó Corbáin

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Bundy posted:

bulkpowders if in the UK.

Yeah or MyProtein, either way. Sign up for emails from both, they have different offers every day so you should get some kind of vitamin discount within 2 weeks. And maybe some delicious chocolate whey to get u swole :yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Multivitamins are a huge waste of money tbh, but if you can get an extremely good deal then knock yourself out

Angepain posted:

i mean it's a shame ed milliband is going to die in the next three days, I think he's a top bloke. does his ghost still get to stand as an MP

:iiam: