Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
That impromptu interview with Owen Jones is about 2 hr 20 into that Nolan show on 5 live and omg, it’s amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Lol, that radio show just goes off the rails after that, it’s hilarious

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Saros posted:

Got a link? I tried googling but couldn't find it.

I used the bbc radio app, but if you’re outside the UK I’m not sure

It’s totally worth it though, the air just gets so tense

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

pablo gbscobar posted:

The tangible sigh of relief in his voice when he finally finds a sympathetic caller after spending the whole segment insisting that he wasn't being defensive is so, so telling.

Yeah but didn’t she then say she agreed with Owen Jones and he cut her off too? It was really quick too

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
They’re going to want to call this a generational divide election, when in reality it’s a have and have-nots divide election

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

jabby posted:

Why do the lines for 2017 look different on those two graphs?

Also the grey bar is when they traditionally hide the death of the queen

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

HJB posted:

A sudden surge in support for raising the voting age to 30.

Also no women (or at least older than waspi)

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Is that from when she won the last election?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
It’s worth remembering that the SNP also get like 40+ MPs with 4% of the national vote (lol) which is a huge variable

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I think they’ve realised that they’ve juiced the antisemitism narrative too much and too early and are now mad scrambling for other avenues to attack Corbyn personally, hence the Russian nonsense and now the queens speech poo poo that no one actually cares about

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

OwlFancier posted:

Jeremy corbyn can't be prime minister because he doesn't know which one's ant and which one's dec.

Top tip, you’d think “Ant” was the small one, but it’s actually the opposite (I’ve amazed my friends so often knowing which is which)

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
She could prerecord the next ten years of the things with just variations of the same banality. She never names names or outs perverts

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
If there’s any outcome of this election it is that the bbc is now officially hosed

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

*votes Tory to stick it to scroungers*

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Huawei are right to be worried about being associated with Boris

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
The last week of the campaign is the most important as this is the time which most people decide who to vote for, so expect propaganda overdrive from the Tory press

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Nucleic Acids posted:

They are going all in on the lies.

As an outside observer, what might be some of the better sites to check in terms of things like polling data?

Tea leaves are just as valid right now

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I wonder if Corbyn will treat this final debate as his last chance saloon and throw a few low blows at boris, but he probably won’t and will just stick to the issues

Could even do a debate bingo

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
It’s worth bearing in mind that the tories thought that boris was their “ace in the hole”, a charismatic jovial leader who could affably blag his way through to a landslide election with tories in the south and brexit supporters in the north coming together as one.

It’s not going well to say the least, and they know that if they lose this election they are absolutely hosed forever, firstly because who else can they run with? (Priti Patel as Pm?) Secondly, demographics and expansion of voting to 16 year olds would lock them out

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Lol

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Even if Corbyn wins, Whitehall will be 100% against a labour government, ironically an actual deep state

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Historical precedent with the labour government of the 70s which aimed for transformative leftish changes

While I’m sure there are lots of good people working in the civil service, I can’t imagine that you’d get promoted very high if you weren’t the right kind of person a Tory government would prefer

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Is this debate being organised by amateurs ? The screens are all flickering and the sound is poo poo

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I’m not sure if this debate format is poo poo, or it’s just Johnson’s waffle which is making me thinking it’s poo poo

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Corbyn doesn’t talk much, does he? Three or four sentences and that’s it

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I wonder if the average age of a bbc 1 viewer (60 yrs) skews the results slightly?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

History Comes Inside! posted:

I don't really understand why modern day antisemitism is a thing in the first place (I 'get' racism because different colour = bad is simple, which is probably what makes it so accessible and appealing to fuckwits) and I especially don't understand why the U.K. would have a huge antisemitism issue (alleged or otherwise) when Jewish people make up ~0.5% of the population.

What's a good resource to educate myself more on this?

The labour manifesto

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Oh great, we now have our own Poundland Russiagate, with the crack cyber security team of reddit identifying the nhs leaks on Russia because he spelled like a bit ruskie

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
The fun thing about all these 65+ voters voting Tory is that they don’t realise that most of them are not actually that rich (without selling the house) and that paying for healthcare upfront is very expensive and no way would private insurance touch them with a barge pole

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Well according to the Marr show the tories have already won and the Labour Party are a party of the rich

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
On Marr they were also quite dismissive of labour now being a “party of the young” not the “working class”, yet somehow the statistics guy they had on neglected to mention that the inflection point between lab/con was 45 years old, those with families and working poor?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
im not racist but...

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
The polls are 100% correct with infallible methodology , until 11 pm the day of the election when we find out they were wrong

But don’t worry, by the next election everything will be tweaked and they’ll be back to 100%!

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
We all knew the tories would go negative in the last week but I didn’t think they would go mask-off fash

Honestly though, how well does that play? I would imagine that more people on the fence would be turned off than enthused

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
It’s novel that literally every party is currently campaigning against the precious Tory government

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Doccykins posted:

i think i have a new hobby for the next couple of days

media:

reality:

https://i.imgur.com/0x7wGWC.mp4

Poundland trump with an equally poo poo media

With the Guardian as your fiercest opposition why bother trying

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
The problem with the BBC during this election is that it’s political department is acting like a state broadcaster not a public broadcaster (ie paid for by the state or paid by us for us)

Explains why brexit brexit brexit has been in the news all year rather than the stuff the government doesn’t really want to talk about

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

mediaphage posted:

Politico is AMAing the election and I found this interesting:

It always amuses me how cheap our elections are compared to the USA

You could buy a national Facebook campaign for a day for the same price of that CUK TIG cheeky Nando’s dinner

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Ironically if they went the route of decriminalising the licence fee, this wood be a good thing because it accounts for a third of all female prosecutions (often because they’re the one at home when the detector van comes round)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Did we find out if the 4 year old boy with pneumonia on the floor was a “labour activist” yet?