Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Barry Foster posted:

Lol him just pointing and lolling at IDS

Also that this clearly isn't a selfie, this clearly started with a look through the door and one of them calling for the other to get their phone out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Thread on MPs income.

https://twitter.com/DataLobo/status/1201232702797688835?s=19

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

https://twitter.com/snapperjack11/status/1201434221925060608?s=19

Bit Mubarak? Pretty swank look though, from an open tracksuit-wearer.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

https://twitter.com/mmusJu/status/1201473196211474432

E: apparently this was a while ago but still, good news for knocking IBS out.

Good Ju Ju.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

This is disinformation. Why would Kirby need a knife when he can swallow things 4x his size?

To swallow things 8x his size.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Her Dryer posted:

I've not listened to the Bugle for the last year or so, what's it like these days? Do they have the Correct Opinions or are we sending Zaltzman to the cricket gulag.

Nish is on it a lot and he is both extremely funny and pretty good politically. Andy is good I think, not like super enthusiastic about Corbyn but relentlessly attacks the Tories. Maybe a bit melty. I think Rob Forde is the only outright bad guest and he's only been in once, and I think he was offset my Mark Steele on that occasion.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

jackhunter64 posted:

I kept seeing ads for the Amazon Jack Ryan spy show that opens with someone muttering 'The Russians are giving weapons to the Venezuelans' and thought it was way too on the nose to actually be ghostwritten by the CIA but then the main actor said the quiet part loud lmao

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/john-krasinski-praises-cia/

Chapo had fun with their rundown of the series, worth a listen.

Also the new Reel Politik with WarioWaluigitifo has a very important announcement you should all listen to: that the Four Horsemen theme loving slaps.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

https://twitter.com/JonAshworth/status/1202539484761534470?s=19

Seems like a good move, hopes it's mentioned. Still won't watch.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

https://twitter.com/house_house_/status/1202534562716209152?s=19

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

https://twitter.com/ColinBarrett82/status/1202263432701128705?s=19

Lol

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I believe ShaneMacGowansTeeth might know, what campaigning is going on in Portsmouth South this weekend? It's suggested to me by the Momentum app but no events but polling day listed, the CLP site lists some training sessions.

Alternatively I could go to East Worthing and Shoreham which need about a 5k swing from Tory to Labour, I don't know how to evaluate which has greater need, although events are listed for it.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Don't sack Pat.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Necrothatcher posted:

Out in Uxbridge with Ali Milani in a heavy Tory area. Converted 10 non voters to Labour though 💪

This Brunel alum wishes you continued success.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Tindalos posted:

Had Julian Huppert come canvassing for the new Lib Dem candidate.
It was kind of embarrassing to basically go "no I can't vote for the Lib Dems and it's your fault." But on the other hand, it was kind of a relief to be able to do so.

I remember him, used to live in Cambridge and he seemed alright to me before becoming properly politically engaged. Am now quite pleased to see that he's gone from losing by 600 to 12000 to Labour, but did he do anything lovely as an individual?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Thurrock - 300-vote lead for the Tories in 2017 in what's probably the most-Leave constituency in the south-east, and one where the Labour leaver>UKIP>Tory pipeline has been in full effect. a big swing in either direction here will give a pretty good sign of what way the election's going.

Wait, I spend all week in Thurrock and the Momentum app was telling me to go to Dagenham, why wouldn't it tell me to go to somewhere like Thurrock which is closer?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Amazing tweet, the article just gets better:

https://twitter.com/tomcoates/status/1204070031715262464?s=19

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Foul Ole Ron posted:

This is nail biting stuff!

But the real question is, if the Tories do lose, where else will they farm the tears and lamentations of the poor to fuel their genisis device and bring back Margaret Thatcher?

The technology will be nationalised for Corbyn's Golden Throne.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I thought about making exactly this regarding May's prospects but was concerned about it being read as approving of violence against women.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Jel Shaker posted:

Those vegan sausage rolls any good? Are they that fake meat or just vegetables? This is the kind of chat tomorrow I cant wait for

Straight up Quorn, I think I like them better than the meat one, which sometimes fucks my guts up. No glaze though, which is unfortunate but understandable.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Necrothatcher posted:

This is the final image the Tories are pushing to voters on social media. I don't get it.

It's what Tories should loving do.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Did my democracy in Chichester, safe Tory seat but I guess you have to just go at it until folks see it can be swung.

I really don't see how the Tories can do better than last time, not convinced their Brexit position can land them as many votes as it loses.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

RockyB posted:

Johnson's children will be making a twitter post any ... second ... now?

I mean, who could vet someone declaring themselves to be Bohnson's kid..?

Edit: 223 is the smallest prime for which the two nearest primes on either side of it are 16 units apart.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Dec 12, 2019

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Going back to an earlier point, this is the sort of thing I know Bastani for and it seems fine to me, I'm not sure what I'm missing on him. Wasn't sure about hostility to Mason either but I think I've seen it recently.

What would have been the right Brexit approach? Maybe set out the conditions for the deal, and get it. Then if we can't meet the criteria what is settled on goes to confirmatiory vote? Wouldn't appease the Fubpees though, and could be framed as a stitch-up by the right the moment there's a suggestion we can't make the deal.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Braggart posted:

as long as we're sensible,

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Pesmerga posted:

Has anyone got an easy list of reasons why Jess Phillips is terrible?

Off the top of my head:

Relentless self-promoter, often makes things about her
Stooge to Murdoch and co for favourable coverage
Pretends to be working class when her mum was a senior administrator in the NHS and owned a house in France
Frequently makes comments that could be read as anti Black (lists women in Labour but only white ones) and anti trans. Is also anti sex work
Hostile to traveller communities
Proudly claims to have told Diane Abbot to gently caress off, apparently a lie, which is weird as it seems racist if true
Frequently enters a meter radius of JRM, who remains unstabbed.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Is this true? 37% sounds like a lot to me. It looks like it was more like 20% in 2017.

https://twitter.com/mac123_m/status/1208127821027139584?s=19

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Jedit posted:

The constituency I count is mainly rural and still only had around 12,000 postal votes of almost 54,000 cast. So either "Bevan Boy" is hearing rumours (likely) or the Tories have been voting the cemetery on an unprecedented scale.

This one says 38%

https://lordashcroftpolls.com/2019/12/how-britain-voted-and-why-my-2019-general-election-post-vote-poll/

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

MikeCrotch posted:

Keir Starmer is 57 (2 years older than Farage lol)

Seamus Milne is 61

Being a Tory ages you prematurely

Palpatine was like 35 in Return if the Jedi.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Going to give to the local food back, is it just better to give them money? Seems like the most efficient thing to do but that seems to make the donation bins a bit pointless? I can go out and buy a bunch of stuff for the collection if that's better in some way I don't see?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals.

I've been quiet on the political threads, not really ready to re-engage, but it's been good being in the community and participating in the podcast, and I look forward to continuing the good fight and making the world a better place.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

gently caress you, Tom.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Pistol_Pete posted:

It's like I keep saying: the Labour Right has had 4 years to think and come up with a better direction and set of policies, so let's hear it!

They honestly seem to think that all they need to do is shout and scream until they're ushered back into leadership unopposed, in order to do...?

Back to the 2010 - 2015 strategy of bland, timid triangulation which proved such a success then, I guess!

I think it's worth mentioning to them that, whilst we're self examining, we should as why the vote share shot up in 2017, what Corbyn did better than Brown and Milliband, and why following Smith Blair only ever lost support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

So they've got Craig David from the 00's singing Killing Me Softly from the 90's?

Happy new year arseholes.