Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I watched Kiki's Delivery Service last time I was on shrooms, it was wonderful

What I wouldn't give to find a new hookup for acid and/or shrooms, it's been years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Critical posted:

i dunno if anyone here watches sportsball but tony larussa is a fuckin idiot and should be run out of the white sox clubhouse

i can't think of anything dumber than telling an athlete to be uncompetitive and then prematurely okaying the opposing team throwing a 95 mph fastball at him the next game

i love me some baseball but it's so, so stupid sometimes

Baseball is my favorite sport and it never brings me more embarrassment than when some decrepit good ol' boy piece of poo poo starts braying about the unwritten rules

All the more obnoxious when it's a drunk-driving motherfucker like La Russa doing the braying

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Strong endorsement for Enter the Gungeon while we're talking about roguelikes, I've played it across three systems now and am enjoying it even more on PS4 than I did on Switch or PC

Risk of Rain 2 is also really good, but it's waaaaaay more inscrutable and doesn't have the same sense of humor

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Just watched the Rick and Morty premiere. It was good!

Didn't care much for Beth and Jerry's sex positivity subplot, but the execution and the payoff of the time dilation idea was great so I didn't really mind. Love that Morty's "reward" for causing a whole species to live in fear for millennia is that Jessica is touched by eternity and friendzones Morty before she stalks off into the night, screaming about time.

Only thing I didn't like about that plot was the Whoovie who went through the portal to kill Morty. They show him training his entire life and then he can't beat Morty in a fist fight? Maybe they felt they needed that to set up the SUCH A WASTE line, but I dunno if it was worth it.

It needs to be said that Morty really is a total loving rear end in a top hat in this one, killing indiscriminately and inciting terror just so he can get drunk with Jessica.

"Mr. Nimbus controls the police" sounds like something stupid that was just blurted out in the writer's room one day, and because it made everyone laugh they back-created a character that could be worthy of the catchphrase. I will say that I laughed hardest at "Am I in the right place? I just saw a bunch of cops having sex with each other...?" That and the last few seconds of the episode (where Mr. Nimbus, betrayed, beats the poo poo out of Rick and has him hauled off to jail) were my favorite bits.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

NienNunb posted:

Should I start watching golf? I love golf video games a lot, and I like slow boring sports.

Golf is great as something to keep on in the background, paying it gradually more attention as the tournament unfolds and the quality of play rises

The British Open (one of the majors) is starting tomorrow and would be a terrific first tournament to take in. If nothing else, try to catch the last couple hours on Sunday afternoon (it's slated to conclude by 2 PM EST).

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

karmicknight posted:

and with that post, forkboy evolved into forkman

more like oldforkless

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Has anyone played P5 Strikers? I plan on picking it up but not until the Playstation store has it on sale.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

TV Zombie posted:

doki doki literature club.

jk

The DLC for this is strangely heartwarming, seems Team Salvato can write teen girl slice-of-life stuff just as well as they can horror

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
yeah, absolutely do not watch the eva rebuilds until you've seen the original twenty-six and end of evangelion

I don't say this in any sort of gatekeeping way but as a word of caution as the rebuilds (ESPECIALLY 3.0 + 1.0, woof) are more about the making of the original series and EoE than anything else

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

yea ok posted:

major spoielrs for movie 4:

this is from legit the best part of the movie, all the stuff in the village with not-rei learning basic human stuff was delightful

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
blessed be if this is anywhere near as fascinating as the mariners series

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I've got this shirt and, for some reason, a faded denim jacket. I'll grab a cheap pair of aviators and some jeans to match but probably won't bother coloring / cutting my hair.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
stay safe man, they're saying it might make landfall as a cat 4 so don't mess around with that poo poo if it comes anywhere near you

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Secret Base's History of the Atlanta Falcons dropped its fifth and latest installment today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_n8S93TzeE

Best yet, I think, in part because it covers the hilarious reign of Bobby Petrino as head coach, already explored in a previous video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGLjtSy7Uto

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Sep 1, 2021

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
finished deltratune chapter two just now, it was great

don't wanna say more than that as I encourage people to approach the undertale family of products knowing as little about the games as possible

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Cavauro posted:

i need you right now to think about the cincinnati bengals. keep them in your thoughts

no thoughts or prayers can erase the shame of losing to the jets

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
loving christ has football been hard to follow during this pathetic "salute to service" weekend

I just wanna watch goddamn nfl redzone without being subject to propaganda made by mass murderers

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

WatermelonGun posted:

is this your first weekend watching sports in America?

it's always bad but the past couple days have been especially brutal

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Shard posted:

I could watch Stephen Fry looking befuddled at America all day.

In other countries, do they not take their favorite sports as seriously as America does football on the high school and University level? Like in England or Spain are their soccer teams at high schools and colleges that people get super hyped about or is that just an American thing? I would figure everyone is like that because frankly the love of sports seems to be a very human thing - just different sports from culture to culture.

the only other comparison I can think of off the top of my head is japan and high school baseball, they go crazy for that poo poo

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
agreed, that's the only way to break her power over you

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Quantum of Phallus posted:

my mam left me and my cousin outside the police station when we were about five or six because we used to sneak down early and eat chocolate or something. we both cried loads and it taught me never to trust police or adults which was a good lesson.

this is almost exactly what happened to alfred hitchcock, his father conspired with a local cop to lock five-year-old alfie in a cell for a few minutes as punishment for some petty theft

as a result hitchcock was so terrified of authority he couldn't even drive a car for fear of getting a ticket, nice job dad

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

LividLiquid posted:

Every time some bitter old queen rages at how much easier queer kids have it now than they did, I'm like, "WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU FIGHTING FOR?!"

so things could be easier for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Critical posted:

Fuuuuck my anxiety is is in high gear today. Literally wincing at work emails coming in even though they're the most mundane poo poo imaginable.

At least I get my insurance in 9 days and can finally talk to my therapist after two months. Good goddamn thing cause cracks are starting to show. But I handled it better than expected so silver linings I guess.

hang in there dude, I've been in those lean days between medications and appointments and they're generally loving awful

keep your head up and try not to let the little things bog you down too much, the finish line is in sight

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Shard posted:

Want some Star Wars with David Cage at the helm. Oh man this could be really great or REALLY bad and I don't know which I'd rather

https://www.ign.com/videos/star-wars-eclipse-official-cinematic-reveal-trailer

detroit become human was hilarious because of how self-righteous and up its own rear end it was

imagine how grandiosely stupid a story david cage could create with the star wars at his disposal

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
live-action cowboy bebop's been cancelled after one season, can't imagine why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inVBz0Tv03U

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Captain Magic posted:

I still crack up from one post that was basically like:

I fight the bad guys
I web them up
I throw them from the roof
I watch them fall
I’m Spider-Man

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
MY LIFESTYLE
DETERMINES MY DEATHSTYLE

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
e; n/m, wrong thread

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Went to see West Side Story today and it was okay but not great

Beautifully shot, sung, and choreographed, but jarring tonal issues, suspect acting moments and overindulgent length make the movie kind of a bore to sit through

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Haven't seen it, but my dad has and he said he preferred the original

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I made one last plea to my employer to let me work from home, their response was to tell me to do the same humiliating song and dance I went through when I made this request a year ago (a request they denied after I spent weeks gathering information from my supervisors and my psychiatrist)

upside is I'm allowed to work from home while I put together this new request, so I'm just gonna pretend to be doing that while I look for a new gig

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
first one was okay because you got to beat the john galt stand-in to death with a golf club

infinite, yeah, that's one of the worst examples of "both sides"ing I've ever seen in any media

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
just finished persona 5 strikers, it's great but a lot of its charm is derived from following characters that are already known and loved

even so, it's free right now for those with ps plus, so anybody who likes games with dynasty warriors-style combat (though with more depth in this case) should give it a try

e; here's to cav on this wild card weekend, go bengals

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 15, 2022

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I loving hate that there are two different commercials on the air about dads busting their daughter's boyfriend for the egregious crime of holding hands

if they're targeting people who don't respect women's autonomy, mission accomplished I guess

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
just got a quick lesson on the proper way to take a bump thanks to the ice in my driveway

stepped on it and my legs flew out from under me, landed flat on my back against the concrete

hurt like hell for a couple minutes but no cuts or bruises, thankfully, now I'm ready to hurl myself against the canvas until I forget what it feels like to have shoulders

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, a guy wakes up as a cockroach and feels guilty that he's going to miss work.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Wordle 222 6/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

bleh. that first guess sent me off on a wild goose chase

Barry Bluejeans