Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I like that the Navy's response to this was "Eeey....hey hey hey we didn't ACTUALLY want to release this and all and WOAH there..." and then they realized that no one gave a single poo poo, and they just kinda looked around and laughed uncomfortably and went "Heh..well ok."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Which is to say: UFO's are totally real and the Navy knows it, doesn't want YOU to know it, and just went "...sure...sure." to the official release of "UFO's are real, dog." Which is kinda funny.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Jay_Zombie posted:

I, for one, welcome our new alien overlords and offer myself for all their probing needs.

*sarcastically exclaims* MY rear end

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Edgar posted:

I don't think they are aliens but fancy skunk works boondoggle.

honestly I got no idea what these things are (I mean should anyone?), but some kind of un-manned probe thing wouldn't surprise me at all. The things they were doing would kill any normally recognized physical body, as meaningless as that is, due to G-forces and blah blah blah.
Plus they just look lame.

If you told me they were some kind of multi-vector thrust probe drone things or whatever I'd just say "sure". That'd be just or almost as cool as some unknown cloud spaceship, barring contact of some kind. I dunno.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Colonel Cancer posted:

Nah they are clearly mechanical elves projecting psychic UFOs hence their unpredictable and often impossible movements

I don't...I don't appreciate this.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sunswipe posted:

Navy: "Sometimes people see something and don't know what it is."
Goons: "OMFG Navy confirms aliens!"

Well they did literally come out later and say "We didn't want this released for various reasons".
Even if it's not Aliens from URAnus it's kinda interesting and no reason to be a complete sad-sack about it.

It's just as eye rolling to be "WOW ALIENS FROM THE MOON" as it is to be "Un-explainable poo poo the Navy didn't want people to see? Pfft gently caress off."

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 21, 2019

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

GolfHole posted:

every navy in the world is testing railguns and hypersonic poo poo right now

Chad's Navy is?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I mean gently caress yea on them if so but...I doubt it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I wish I could sell my rear end to big alien. :(

poo poo it doesn't even need to be the outer space kind

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

My grandma claimed to have seen an honest to goodness UFO in the late 50's that looked like a cigar shaped thing in the night sky.
She swore up and down it wasn't a blimp but who the gently caress knows it was probably just a blimp grandma come on.

She was a cool lady tho and normally intelligent and not prone to making poo poo up so who the gently caress knows what she saw

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

lol it was a blimp

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Icochet posted:

What the gently caress does a weather balloon even do?

They raise more questions than they answer

I presume they make weather??

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Necros posted:

When I was a kid I thought someone threw one of those spiral nerf footballs over the roof of the rowhouses behind me but that fuckin thing just kept going until I couldn't see it anymore. Maybe it was a UFO or maybe it was a nerf football thrown by someone who was really really really strong.

Did you just need glasses?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pontificating rear end posted:

Post itt if you are schizophrenic and know there is a conspiracy but you dont know what the conspiracy is

wait hold up

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Who What Now posted:

I believe the Navy pilots saw UFOs but I know for a fact that it wasn't aliens

Why was it you

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It was space angels

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

toggle posted:

How do the aliens breed?

Very carefully

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Stex T posted:

Jesus: The Real J-Rod

I think technically he was J-Naz

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You can see the alien's wiener, just for a second, as a treat.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I don't think anyone has to worry about finding out about that

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Colonel Cancer posted:

When the flying saucer drops the ramp those aliens better look like quartz JO crystals.

Don't be ridiculous. How would quartz JO crystals even be ambulatory? ...christ.

Now, if you look at the hideous things that actually DO come out of the alien craft, simply gazing upon their corporeal forms will instantly charge YOUR JO crystals to their maximum levels instantly, however. And it is this technology that they have traveled so far to bring to humanity.
Just think of it, friends. Finally. Eons of instant JO crystal power at our fingertips, at last. Our disgustingly grotesque benefactors without name from beyond the stars, our ultimate saviors.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dr. Heart Collapse posted:

i've seen UFOs & Aliens several times

and they've communicated to me in SEVERAL different WAYS

me and my best friend in grade 4 were interested in the stuff we used to draw pictures and read books about alien$

i can get into this if anyone has any questions

weird i feel an alien related vibrations right now and it's spooking me

aliens do make me nervous

they scare me a little

anyway i've met a lot of people who shared with me their experiences

feel FREE to ask me any questions

Well you've been probated and banned multiple times for posting while tripping your rear end off on MDMA so I can only assume you have the most pure and open channels to them. So fire away with what you know.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You sure you didn't just see a TV documentary about NASA scientists helping us and researching planets and such and it showed astronauts drinking stuff on the ISS (a lab in space)?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

If you see an unknown, possibly alien, possibly GHOST ship or other object while at sea, or maybe on one of the Great Lakes or some such, would you still refer to it as a UFO? (Unidentified Floating Object)

Has this urgent, important question ever been asked or answered in these trying times??

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hide a strobe light and an Alexa in there, flip the lights, close the door and fire up some techno at full blast on her.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I stood before three giant space owls who could see through time to monitor all of us when I was high on salvia one time.
They rendered no judgement.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dr.Caligari posted:

This dude lives by me and could probably answer all your questions

He had a message to the aliens painted on the roof of the barn at one time

This owns and I want to go to the gallery

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Well, I liked that at the end of the article it mentions that "exquisite geometry" was found in the pattern that amounts to "circles"

Circles like if someone put a stake in the ground and tied a rope to it, walked to the end of the rope, and then walked around the stake to make a circle with it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Tarkus posted:

While I have seen those videos I still don't know what to think. I guess former senator Harry Reid tweeted that the information given only scratches the surface and should be released for scientific perusal. That is interesting.

Why wouldn't he just state the information that he has?

Now...why would a guy who's gone on record to state that "I personally don’t know if there exists little green men other places, I kind of doubt that", would want to convince the government to spend money on something like this?
Could it be that he found a way to get money from the Government himself out of such a scheme?

The guy who in 2007 got 22 million dollars for the same thing? The guy who also says "“We spent a lot of money" and calls it "“one of the easiest sells I ever had to make.”? Weird. I wonder what his motivation for that might be.

I wonder, given all that money and time spent, and his own trips to Area 51, what he's found out there:
“Oh sure, I’ve been to Area 51. I know Area 51. I don’t know if I should say many times, but lots and lots of times. I know Area 51 quite well, I know what they’ve done there,” said Reid. “I don’t know in recent years, of course, but I know what went on there.”

That since he does know what went on, and they already spent that money, why they'd need MORE money, and why he couldn't just say what the first study found, and what he knows now, instead of, you know, asking for more money now. I just wonder why that might be.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dr.Caligari posted:

This one I was thinking of originally , it’s a bit more impressive , but still circles. These are likely not made by beings from outer space, but certainly out of town, which would make sense since we are rather remote but still within driving distance of people that have the knowledge, patience and a ‘gently caress these crops’ attitude.

Right, the one you like in the article you link and several others I found on it specifically state that "UFO-ologists" and "cerealogists" (lol) were allowed to look at it, but reporters and other credentialed people who came to the site were told they could not enter the area by the land owner.
Wonder why.

If you're gonna get someone from out of town to do it, at least have them do it well:

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Apr 29, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

sounds like you've put a lot of effort into developing an opinion on how you feel about others judging you

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Rad-daddio posted:

Could you use software defined radio (SDR) and some kind of amplifier to spoof those signals?

lol ya the SDR USB stick I bought to turn into a makeshift full spectrum radio scanner for a hobby is gonna spoof military equipment at range hang on lemme get a pringles can so I can aim it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Amarcarts posted:

I'm an alien from the fourth stimpire AMA.

does this look like a rash to you or just sorta flushed?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I agree, sir.
As disagreeable as replacing the noble steed or even ignoble nag, who's simple mind and stout body has served to protect the body of man for centuries even when his own mind is not keen on it.
There exists no appreciable nor safe means by which a human mind might control or convey one of these 'horseless carriages' as the press has deemed them, with any adequate amount of reason or safety. Either for themselves or the general interest of the public. Add to it the general stupidity of the masses and the wanton licentiousness of the lower sorts of classes and it truly is a near murderous affair. The tamed pace and thoughtful mind of man's faithful servant the horse, has driven our society's progress and development for all time, and certainly has not been any undue burden during any of it! In fact, it has eased our wants considerably since creation, and now we are to subsume it simply due to this preposterous and frankly dangerous and frivolous folly? How should one adapt? How should one's household adapt? Let alone the poor cobblers, coopers, stablewrights, streetsweepers, and such. Pure whimsy of youth to be imagined away by some fanciful new creation?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Where does 'rationality and evidence based observation' fall

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

My complete lack of any education wins again.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

that's right.

Soon the intergalact-FLAT "tables" will be "set" with the flying saucers from beyond! Open your tiny, awful, feculent, disgusting, corpulent, febrile baby minds to the possibilities of interstellar cutlery advancements and more, children of the earthenware serving vessels.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Frankenstyle posted:

I grew up near there and an ancient relative of mine who was in a local police department and involved in the search crew is always mentioned because of his quote about finding what looked like a crashed acorn shaped space craft. It pissed him off that they never mention his follow up quote from when he was shown a photo of a Soyuz crew vehicle and he said "Oh yeah, that's exactly what it looked like".

I looked up Soyuz capsules and they look exactly like the cup in your avatar as well proving that this is all tableware related and that disney/baby yoda is involved now.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mooey Cow posted:

Aliens getting lazy with their designs, now they're just flying dang cubes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You sure you didn't just pass out in a walmart parking lot again? I hear it's very similar to both experiences.