Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

RustyKnight posted:

posting in the cyber thread, hope 2020 will be better for all of you

More cyber anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

SpaceAceJase posted:

Airbnb has patented software that digs through social media to root out people who display 'narcissism or psychopathy'

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/airbnb-software-predicts-if-guests-are-psychopaths-patent-2020-1

they should turn on their monitors

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Richard Morgan is a total dickhead very much a Clancy type but a scifi nerd. Try reading (or don't) his other books like Black Man about a genetically engineered race of (inherently aggressive) alpha males with oversized dicks.

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Feb 4, 2020

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

NoneMoreNegative posted:

yeah he twitted about how gender was determined by what plumbing your body had full stop and I wanted to ask ok so when Kovacs cross-sleeves into a female body for some infiltration mission are they then actually a woman for the duration?? like all his previous man brain patterns and man thoughts are now ladies?

Oh also altered carbon the book has a snippet where all the torture vr programs put you in a woman's body for reasons you can probably guess :barf:

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I saw babymetal live once, the crowd was not especially young.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

NoneMoreNegative posted:

S2 of Altered Carbon is up to watch now for all yosposters with 100% legitimate Netflix subs.

checking the wiki page there's also a new AC anime (written by the showrunner for Cowboy Bebop) due out on March19??

Sweet, I loved S1. Or the first half of it anyway.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
just look at this guy's loving tie

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I think the reasoning I saw in an interview with the creator was "she's basically the coolest character and we might only get one season"

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Also you can tell Richard Morgan is more involved in this series because I'm only half way through and already there have been several mentions of alpha males, wolf packs, that kind of thing.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

qirex posted:

season 2 so far is way more future action adventure than cyberpunk detective story

okay i finished it and yeah it's truer to the books but not as good as s1. i don't really want to watch generic scifi man shoot generic scifi cops and then have a pointless fistfight. i blame richard morgan.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
it also feels like they just threw a whole bunch of re-sleeving shenanigans in at the end for no reason.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Zlodo posted:

I'm glad that they found an actor with more than one facial expression to play kovacs in s2

For the first few eps I was missing the stoicness/weariness of the old one since that was a key theme of s1. But yeah I warmed up to the s2 guy.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Midjack posted:

what’s that from?

looks like a transformer to me.

fake edit: yeah like 1:58 in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxRYIDsZzuE

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Alan Smithee posted:

surprising dearth of C virus references itt

so uh, Corona drone when?

The drone telling grandma that she was outside in a curfew is upthread.

Also:
https://twitter.com/eff_hey/status/1238819018766790657?s=20

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/mar/13/johnson-urges-top-uk-tech-firms-to-join-coronavirus-fight

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
This isn't the cyberpunk 2021 thread

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
it is v good and iirc the coding is a pretty minimal part. just setting up timings of things.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

SO DEMANDING posted:

now i want a game like crazy taxi but set in NYC from the fifth element

if they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase you

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
i played the poo poo out of crimson skies back in the day

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
If anybody here has not seen Jupiter Ascending they really should. It's a wild ride.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
solar powered micro blimps that never touch down are v cuberpunk 2020

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Schadenboner posted:

Blimpunk is poo poo, the genre lacks an internal structure.

but generally has explosive finales

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a blimp is a good guy with a blimp

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
How come none of the Saudi princes or Jeff bezoses of the world have made a modern luxury blimp?? You can make them way bigger than an RV and sure they have super yachts but you're restricted to the coastline with those!

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
When I'm a modern billionaire...

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
N for Nancy?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Schadenboner posted:

Found Sky Captain, watching now.

Same. I'm finding it very weird though because I haven't actually seen any of the noir movies it's referencing/homaging/apeing

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
do any of those movies feature blimps though?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Schadenboner posted:

Found Sky Captain, watching now. Just pipe this poo poo into my veins.

:yum:

also lol at the airplane putting away its sky propeller and unpacking some water ones

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

I admit I kind of liked this movie but they tied themselves into a corner by giving everybody else super boring prosthetics. Like the guy with digital eyes and the woman with a digital throat have all got to be super soldiers that can at least be vaguely on par with a nanited vin diesel

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
are...are they milling ramen? 3D printing it??

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's this from?

bloodshot (2020)

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
i mean the film only takes about 20 mins to do it too and then after that there's no more plot

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
recruiters come with their own guillotine now?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Alan Smithee posted:

Cyberpunk AK-47: currently downloading a firmware update

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
do not question the algorithm!

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

street doc posted:

Still waiting for the titanium laptop.

I have one of those lasercut printed wooden stickers on my laptop. I like it a lot, even if it didn't help with the cpu heat

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/bkailkhu/status/1272619636710752256

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

hmm maybe if I sell some organs,

11 months until a firmware update bricks it and the company no longer supports it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Agile Vector posted:

i mean add to the list of yospos topics for fancy or hard to get items. checking and of course theyre super gouging. i suppose barbell plates with shorter grips are similar but thats a real gamble on cost too

it looks like exercise bikes are still the same so thats still not ruined by profiteers

I ordered some lead fishing weights and they're small enough to fit in your hand. Works for me (wrapped up of course).