Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That's what you were doing? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Seems like lowtax isn't effectively dealing with assholes from fyad which is pissing off a lot of goons. Also his spine fell out a while back and his wife kidnapped his daughter/her stepdaughter and fled the state.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Eating this right now. Concur.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

What we really want to do as pro-western elements in Iran are gaining steam is start a loving war with Iran.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

You do realise this is what's being unironically said in the Pentagon right

I actually doubt it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I'm curious who we were specifically targeting and aware of in that convoy.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I’m going to assume we knew exactly who was there. Soleimani wasn’t on the run like Bin Laden- he had no reason to hide, so US intel probably figured out how he could be tracked.

I assume so too. I'm just surprised (yeah yeah, I know) we were willing to target a loving general belong to a country we're not at war with, in a country he was welcomed into which is already pissed at us. And then confirm it up and down the street at the top of our lungs.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Meshka posted:

Think of it as a parity of power. They have none. For every attack against American citizens the relatianion will be ten fold. Maybe attacking american personel was not the wise strategic choice on their part.

What are you, 15?

https://twitter.com/limitlessjest/status/1212965323248406528?s=20

:lol:

Godholio fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jan 3, 2020

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

etc, etc. The list goes on. My point is that there are a lot of civilians directly supporting the military that aren't exactly "innocent" and would be mire rightly counted among the military casualties than civilian. I'm a civilian and work for the US military, but I acknowledge I'm also a valid military target because of what I do. And I think the vast majority of civilian casualties in this campaign will not be innocent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQdDRrcAOjA

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

dubzee posted:

I will never tire of this video :yayclod:

IIRC the show was canceled like a week later

It was a couple of months, but the head of CNN publicly agreed with some of Stewart's arguments. :lol: That's also when CNN fired Tucker.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Viva Miriya posted:

Uhh states already do as they will so lmfao Professor, gently caress off.

Yes, let's mock people who present their argument rationally, especially when they're right. :rolleye:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'm starting to think that appointing an insane evangelical to head the CIA, and then later to be Secretary of State, was a bad idea!

But he graduated first in his West Point class!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Brute Squad posted:

I stopped reading the dog thread for 3 or so years after I lost my dog. It was easily the worst decision I ever made. I have so many dog posts to catch up on.

I stopped when Logan went with the ex. :(

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Hannity literally becomes rich off this poo poo. The crazier things are, the more money he makes.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

OUTBOUND? Jesus Christ, guys.

Edit: USGS can tell the difference between a nuke and an earthquake.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jan 8, 2020

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

bird food bathtub posted:

THEN loving DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT YOU SPINELESS REPUBLICAN gently caress

He's a Utah senator. That will not happen. The state doesn't want it to happen, and he won't get as wealthy if it happens.
:stare:

Godholio fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jan 9, 2020

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Jarmak posted:

Neither are justified, trying to handwaive away the egregiousness of the idiocy of this one by whatabouting a 30+ year old incident that isn't comparable is some Glenn Greenwald poo poo though.

Vincennes made almost exactly the same series of errors as the Iranian crew except track direction, but they DID have the advantage of literally having the flight schedule which they were unable to read properly due to poor lighting. And they killed twice as many people.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

hi i heard we were occupied?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

ElMaligno posted:

another 6.0 just hit puerto rico, family is ok.

Glad they're still doing ok. Hopefully the island doesn't flip over.

Edit: :lol: scurvy jfc

Godholio fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 11, 2020

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Flying_Crab posted:

I’d read that more as Bernie mobilizing normally conservative voting people, not Bernie Bros or whatever people want to call them?

But this thread told me that those people are garbage and not worth engaging or speaking to or treating as people at all, really.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

loving slenderman on the cover of Time. Never thought I'd see the day.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Eulogistics posted:

Jungle/forest camo will be very effective in space

Nobody currently in Space Force will ever go to space.

The Navy still owns the title for most useless camo.

Edit: I legit hope they adopt those "Billy Mitchell" dress uniforms the AF looked at a few years back.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Loden Taylor posted:

If they open up Space Force to recruitment, I'm imagining an ad where a SPACE CADET with a lightsaber fights a SPACE DRAGON in SPACE.

smash cut to a dude staring at a computer in a poorly air conditioned shed at Vandenberg AFB

This is exactly how it's gonna work.

Edit: V Something like that will probably happen. I don't know which bases will fall under Space, but Vandenberg, Peterson, and Patrick are probably safe bets.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 18, 2020

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Tythas posted:

the batter name would be Vandenberg Starport

It doesn't even have a runway, much less a spacelaunch facility.

Edit: I was thinking of Los Angeles, not Vandenberg. Leaving this here because :suicide:

Godholio fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jan 19, 2020

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Well, drat. How'd that get there?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Lake of Methane posted:

The high points of Space Force are operating the GPS constellation (50th), coordinating launches (30th & 45th), parts of NORAD/early warning (21st & 460th), tracking/cataloging orbiting objects, and probably ASAT & whatever spooky stuff the X-37 is doing.

Wikipedia has some details about locations:

I was also 100% mixing up Vandenberg and LA AFB. I don't really know how.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

joat mon posted:

According to Breitbart, (the sole news source) five years ago he cheated on his wife with a SSGT's wife.

According to the comments, he got her pregnant.

EFB

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

We should just name them after liquor brands, red light districts/brothels, drinking games, and with lyrics from cadences.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That Works posted:

If you had actually served, especially in a very non-infantry type of role, would you have any idea how to properly equip/wear all that gear?

It depends on how close to infantry you were, but for a lot of the military, no. Unless you actually looked into it on your own, but most folks don't get trained on that stuff.

Edit: Although it seems pretty obvious that most of that poo poo is super uncomfortable because it's too small or obviously wrong (knee holster guy).

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

“This total idiot nazi platforming rear end in a top hat likes me!” Is Bernie at his least inspirational.

Yeah, gently caress trying to make inroads. Let's just keep infighting and nipping at people who only 80% agree with us because they're not ideologically pure enough.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I dunno maybe Rogan's endorsement will sway some borderline alt-right morons toward bernie? If nothing else, the dude has a loving gigantic audience.

Half of these people only believe what they do because it's all they hear. So yeah, getting anything different in front of them from a source they're used to listening to is a good thing that costs nothing.

spacemang_spliff posted:

If you want Rogans audience to reject transphobia you need someone they trust to lead them on rejecting transphobia

Joe Rogan saying trust Bernie is a good way to start doing that

That's probably a better way of saying what I'm trying to. Definitely a less snarky version.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jan 24, 2020

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

Literally all he had to do was take the endorsement silently or even just a non-ad comment of “I’m glad he supports me” and then say nothing further to avoid this.

To avoid what? That's what I'm not clear on.

Cugel the Clever posted:

Rogan's not the guy to make inroads with.

Look at the Democratic Party for the past 20 years. Take whatever you can get until the boomers die off.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I think that's a stretch.

It was a pretty hamfisted attempt at shutting down the puns.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

bloops posted:

Kobe Bryant atc comms were released. Pilot error — reporting flying at 1400’ under visual flight rules despite local weather reporting overcast conditions at 1100’. Pilot flew them into high terrain that had a peak of 1600’

gently caress. I did not expect a CFIT.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Goddamn.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Acebuckeye13 posted:

yeah well if most countries walked off a bridge, would you do it?

Buddy they're following us.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The gently caress was a Patriot gonna do here?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

In Iraq? The place where a bunch of ballistic missiles slammed down? :thunk:

In the context of the E-11 crash. I was trying to figure out if there was some weird notion that it was shot down and could have been protected somehow. As a general policy, of course I agree with you. I liked having them at my bases when I was over there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The current kinda-scifi-but-almost-reality idea is self defense lasers, but the short answer is you work to defeat the system guiding the missile: chaff, flares, jamming, etc. Or avoid; with MANPADS that's easier, since they're generally not going to reach out and touch someone at 30k feet. If there's a mountain they can stand on to reach that high, you avoid it.