Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Synthbuttrange posted:

you have to have friends
yeah i chose not to do the quests at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

so i missed it if there was any discussion when it came out but if you like zero-knowledge puzzlers where the puzzle is just "what the gently caress do i do?" then you should check out macdows 95.

i blew through like two and a half hours barely even noticing just opening files, flipping screens, breaking the icons, and playing video games. there's a specific reason why i didn't 100% it in one completion but i won't tell you why. i should've played it before the sale ended because i picked it up for like a dollar but it's really fun and you should wishlist it.

it's not a great operating system.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Roguelike minesweeper is a legit genre.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/761170/Radical_Dungeon_Sweeper/

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

you don't actually need all that clearance because doing a 360 is not a thing you ever need to do while playing an fps unless you're recording for a compilation in the mid-00s.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

i almost certainly spent more time listening to smt: nocturne's soundtrack at work than i did playing the game at home.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I was stoked the day I managed to get enough money together for a metal box the size of a hefty paperback that I could plug into my Amiga 500 to add an extra 512k RAM, literally doubling it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I play at 4k with a 1060 and it's fine for all but like one game a year where it's an Assassin's Creed or a No Mans Sky and I have to actually manually turn things off to get a comfortable framerate.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

sequence breaking is fun and rewarding.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

DQ Builders 2

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

press hamburger to start

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

baka kaba posted:

Half-Life: it's Free, man!!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

I can confirm through a friend that if you have too many games ignored that steam will crash constantly if you look at the store
it's nice to know radium is still getting work.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

But it says the game is fun?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Mordja posted:

Oh yeah? I thought it was literally just WC3 but with fancier models.
They've redone the scripting, retconned the campaign and art, rebalanced and recast the units, and rebalanced the multiplayer.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I don't know the specifics but it was something they announced they were doing - locations were going to be changed to match up with what they look like in WoW, and they were going to tweak the campaign to better line up with current WoW lore.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Griefor posted:

Installing a Trojan on all players' machines: cool and good.

Banning someone: going too far.
it's only a trojan when the players invite it into their home

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Based on the symptom, response, and date I'm going to blindly suggest going into the compatibility settings for the application, switching on the High DPI Scaling Override and trying out the various options there to see if one resolves it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

as a reference steam programmers, if you want to personalise the storefront more then maybe have it check that i haven't already set all the recommended games of a steam curator to ignored before telling me that i might be interested in their game opinions. because i'm obviously not.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

sounds like your a nazi op

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

pentyne posted:

On the ethically acceptable note, are the Hatred devs alt right toxic poo poo heads? I remember a massive dust up at the time about Hatred being a school shooter, cop shooter simulator but it pretty much dropped off the map after a few months,
One of the devs had like facebook connections to a local group of nationalists, and their second game was a turret simulator which they specifically said was in response to 'things happening in the world right now' where you defended "Europe" against waves of ISIS invaders.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/O6oxGXa.mp4

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

I watched the SkillUp review of this last night and it looks pretty drat good, especially as a Path of Exile nut. What's the goon evaluation so far? What's the online play like mechanically, D3?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QChrPRqP4gc

(e) He mentioned some problems with the Kickstarter goals, but those didn't seem terribly onerous
Its clunkiness is somewhere above D3/PoE but below Grim Dawn. i'm not far enough into levelling to even really talk about the passive tree but at start it's less interesting than PoE's with even the big nodes just being +% Thing. The skill system definitely takes the best aspects of PoE skill gems and D3 skill mods but I've also only found skills that only work with different weapons so I currently have two moves I can do.

I have two major complaints about it so far, one of which should be obvious but the other is that Wolcen is incredibly quick to hide loot from you and coming from PoE the lack of control over that is incredibly frustrating.

Online play was as good as D3 at release, which is to say it didn't work at all for me and I would've returned the game if it hadn't shipped with offline.

Rolo posted:

Anyone ever play mouse/keyboard games on a coffee table lol?

I kinda wanna get back into first person shooters but my PC is a living room TV setup.
Yeah, I do all of my gaming on my living room tv. Actually playing on a coffee table will ruin your back or your knees - you want to either sit with your legs up so you're at a good angle to have the mouse next to you and the keyboard on your lap, or get an adjustable tv tray so you can set up a pretend 'desktop' for when you're sitting properly. Either way it will make you really appreciate how good having controller support is.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Love to wear my shoes in the house while I'm chillin on the sofa like a freak
i'm literally doing this right now.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

punt them in the air. chickens aren't flightless.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

e: where are you going??

Ghostlight posted:

chickens aren't flightless.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Doctor Reynolds posted:

This is a largely petty issue, but does anybody else have this problem where Steam doesn't align itself properly in fullscreen? It snaps back together if I go windowed and touch the resize edges. Just kind of strange!
Yes but I just kind of assumed it was because in general apps are really poo poo at 4k.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Watch Dogs 3 is going to be entirely knives.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The Joe Man posted:

I hope they actually listen to the mountain of feedback they received on the demo.

If they don't, it's going to be complete poo poo.
that demo was loving dire

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

guys, i'm stuck on frank herbert's description of the golden path - it just seems no matter what i do halfway through the paragraph the text explodes and i have to restart from the previous page. is there like a trick to this prose? don't just tell me to red gud because that's not loving helpful and i've already completed gormenghast so i know it's not just me.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

it's also not your job to respect a game.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

flatluigi posted:

beginning to think you don't even know how to read posts in general
posts don't respect my time

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

if you're having game problems i feel bad for you son, i got 99 problems but sekiro ain't one.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

look, some people can get by not knowing who supplied the physics middleware engine, but i for one know that you cannot truly judge a work of art without an understanding of the methods through which it was produced.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

Apparently Wolcen sucks?
i keep putting off writing a big review about it and maybe that itself is the review.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

oh yeah, that reminds me of one of my biggest complaints where i took a talent that poisoned everyone in a 10 yard radius every 2 seconds and others that boosted my damage to poisoned enemies. except the former talent gets turned off in cut scenes, presumably so it doesn't kill people and break them, and doesn't get turned back on after so i had to struggle through every single boss fight doing much less damage than i should have been and constantly exiting the game to reactivate my build.

the pinwheel tree is a cool gimmick though.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

gonna buy borderlands 3 then return it because it isn't fun.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The good news is the higher level they are when they die the better loot you get, and there's no orcish trait for protection from booze.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

uh :eyepop:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

I've actually been looking forward to this one, I love dumb games where you kind of do nothing.
it looks like a great couch game but there's no controller support indicated which kind of kills that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I kind of love that I find out the Steam library supports animated game artwork through my Yakuza games randomly updating with an associated news post telling me how to do it.