Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

GreenNight posted:

I'd buy vinyls of specific game music (looking at you Nier) if they weren't so god loving awful expensive.

if i had "gently caress you" money id buy this in a heartbeat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

its sad that the xbone controllers have build issues since the 360 wired controllers were nearly perfect. The wire on my ~14 year old 360 controller is having connection problems and would randomly disconnect during games even though it was still plugged in so I was looking to get the whole controller replaced. Much to my surprise, there were tons of reviews mentioning that the Xbone controllers would crap out after only a few months of use.

Now, i kinda dont know what to do. One of my friends actually got me a RockCandy 360 controller, which is perfect except that it does not have rumble. Thinking i might just stick with that and hope that the Series X controllers arent a total crapshoot

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Objective Action posted:

River City ?ansom: Underground LX684-DKV?Z-D3968

Snagged, ty!

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

Ghost Recon Breakpoint: I have found my true calling: fashion thief. I'm going to visit every single base on this map and steal their unique fashion gear, and then never wear it! Muahahahahahah!

idk why but i always just wear the tanktop and jeans in those games. Backpack too, i guess, since your guns just float in the air otherwise.

i think all the tier-1 operator stuff just looks really silly and i feel way more badass taking on bases just in my weekend casual attire

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

Anyways I got it for 17$ and it's absolutely baller. My favorite thing about the "immersion" difficulty is that instead of giving you glowing waypoints to objectives you get directions. Like - I just had to find someone standing at a gravesite so the mission told me "It's in this province, in the south-west area, along this beach" and I had to go hunting for it the hard way. Or I had to find a muzzle attachment "in y province's south, south of the forest, in checkpoint tiger bravo"

It's a little thing but it's so much fun.

hell ya, that feature is in AC:Odyssey as well and its really great. Helps a lot with getting into the environments and layout of the map. Its surprisingly good at getting you where you need to go anyways too. My friends gave me poo poo when we played together for using the feature but i was almost always able to put a custom waypoint within ~40 meters from where their objective waypoint was at (they can play with different difficulty settings and thus opted to not use that feature)

havent played Breakpoint since they dropped this new patch so im excited to get my crew together and see how the new difficulty setting has changed things. It looks like it addresses most of the issues we had before we stopped playing

ScootsMcSkirt fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 26, 2020

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Soysaucebeast posted:

I got a bunch of duplicate games from that Humble Covid Bundle, so I'm just going to give the Steam keys to y'all.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - 35XX0-DVVGM-Q035Q

thanks for this. always wanted to give it a shot

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

800peepee51doodoo posted:

Killing *loor 2: 7QN6P-B508X-9*3RC

Dang someone already snagged this :smith:

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

little late to the party, but i enjoyed Far Cry New Dawn way more than id thought i would. Ive played all Far Cry games but skipped 5 cause the story looked like it would make me very mad and New Dawns story was pretty inoffensive to me, outside of the origin story of the sheriff near the end.

The gunplay felt solid even tho it has a half-assed leveling scheme. Its clearing map icons and outposts like before, but everything feels as good as it ever has in a Far Cry game

Its also not overly long so by the time u get near the end, youre not burnt out. This all seems like damning praise, but I was ready to write off the series after seeing what they did with 5. Now im interested to see what they have in store for the next game.

Strix, if the story of 5 is bumming u out, id recommend just dropping it and checking out New Dawn. U might like it a lot more

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

speaking of being late to the party, seeing all the Odyssey chat made me pick it back up again after ~25 hours of playing it beforehand last year. Man, what a completely overwhelming game when u open the map. That said, i am having a lot of fun hunting down cultists and being a terror of the Mediterranean.

I do have to say tho, i HATE the gear/leveling system with every fiber in my being. I really miss the old AC style combat too. I feel like the combat in AC peaked with 4 and has gone downhill since then. AC Unity hosed everything up by introducing a gear score to everything. Sure the old combat was easy, but it also looked and felt amazing to take on 20+ guards at once and finish each one with a cool combo and never get hit. You also had a ton of extremely lethal and useful gadgets that could be used to spice things up and keep the combat engaging and interesting, especially when they started to throw in guards that were immune to certain strategies. Now im struggling with 3-5 mooks at once and my character just looks like theyre swinging wildly rather than being the sleek and skillful assassin that the game promises youll be. I have a ton of skills unlocked, but it seems the best strategy is to jam on the r1 button till i have enough energy to do the big bow explosion move which does not only the most damage of any of my skills, but also hits in a large area. Im able to parry and dodge reliably, but it feels like some enemies are just massive HP slogs and 2 mistakes in a row from me means that i die, and then do the entire fight over again. Im not dying very often, its just that even winning feels like a slog

I really dislike the newish gaming trend of having randomized gear in everything, whether it makes sense or not. Instead of getting excited to get a new weapon or armor piece, i get intensely bored cause i know that it will either be worthless, or only useful for the next hour before i outlevel it and need to replace it. The game also throws a bunch of stats at you, but u really dont have any meaningful way of min-maxing while leveling up so your build is entirely dependent on RNG. This means that the new gloves u got dont have extra assassin damage like your previous gloves so whoops, u can no longer stealth a majority of the enemies anymore. It also sucks that assassinating ppl is almost never a guaranteed kill unless its some really crappy mook. This makes stealth kind of useless, which seems counter-productive in an assassin game

the crazy thing is that despite all of my complaints with the combat and leveling, im really having a blast in this game. This is one of the most detailed open worlds ive ever seen and its also completely gorgeous. The story has been really engaging to me as well. Both the main missions and the random side missions have much better writing than what i expected going in and Kassandra kicks all sorts of rear end. I want to finish the main game so i can try out the Atlantis DLC that i purchased a long time ago as well

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Triarii posted:

Does it even have actual leveling? I'm only a couple of hours in, but I'd heard that they had RPG'd the game up so I was prepared for Borderlands-style "oh no my shotgun is only level 7 and these enemies are level 9 so I'm doing chip damage" and so far I haven't seen anything like that. As far as I can tell enemies just come in four ranks, with higher ranks feeling more like elites with better gear than "same dude but two levels higher so he has bigger numbers".

Edit: Oh also it has a Very Good Dog and he can finally ride in the passenger seat of a truck with you, so this is looking like a good game so far.

What Pwnstar said earlier is correct, the leveling is pretty light overall in the game, its nothing like boderlands. The guns arent randomized, they basically put the normal Far Cry weapons through a tier list so it's easy to get what u need if u arent doin enough damage.

Its honestly pretty great compared to how they could of handled it. IIRC u can even level up lower tier guns by throwing endless resources at them so if u like that tier 1 shotgun, it can still be useful through the whole game. I did that with the vector since it has such a gnarly rate of fire

*edit* i was harsh wen i said the leveling was halfassed. I should of said it was lightly implemented, which is much more preferable imo

ScootsMcSkirt fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 8, 2020

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

Batman Arkham Asylum, City and Knight are on sale for 12$.

Remind me: all three games are really good 3D metroidvanias with brawling segments, yeah? And Knight had its buggy release fixed too, right?

Oh ya, thats a lot of great gaming for $12. All three of those batman games r fantastic, tho im sure there r ppl itt that soured on Knight.

Asylum is a more standard but solid metroidvania while the other 2 r open world games. City does not have the batmobile, u just glide/grapple everywhere.

Ive played through Knight on 2 different computers now so its probably fine, but it did launch in a rough state. Knight is actually my favorite of all the batman games. It has the best combat and i really enjoyed tooling around Gotham with the batmobile. I also really liked how they handled some story elements, though overall, the story is a bit weak.

Asylum is actually pretty short. I replayed it a year ago in just 1 day so u might finish it. All the games r full of cool little details and have a lot of side stuff u can hunt for extra lore bits. The series does feel like a love letter to batman fans

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

been playing Receiver 2 and im really enjoying it so far, might do an effort post about it later but its a huge jump in quality from the first one. However, there is one aspect of the game i think needs to be mentioned for other people:

:siren:AVOID THIS GAME IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY DEALING WITH SUICIDE IDEATION!!!:siren:

The game does have a tiny warning at the start about this, but im serious, this game might set someone over the edge if they didnt know about this. Big gameplay/story spoilers follow:

The game is an fps rougelike and the objective for each run is to collect X amount of tapes. The tapes usually give backstory about the current situation and what Receivers are, but there are also basically suicide tapes sprinkled in as well. The content of these tapes is usually some character lamenting about being depressed and then saying that they are going to kill themselves or something to that affect. Once you start to listen to the tape, your character will then take their gun and start to turn it on themselves. If you dont unload your weapon in time, you will kill yourself. Ive never seen a game do this and it was extremely unnerving and intense. A big theme in the game is firearm safety, oddly enough, and I think they did this to drive home how unsafe firearms can be, especially if you are suffering from depression.

Still really like the game, but i think this is something that will upset some people. Really dont want this part to sneak up on people that could be seriously affected by it.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Floodkiller posted:

For a lighter note with Receiver 2, I have without fail managed to shoot my leg while holstering with every single type of firearm I've been given so far.

ya, i accidentally shot myself in the foot far too many times in the tutorial. The trick is to either HOLD tab to holster your weapon safely or just make sure the hammer isnt pulled back when you try to holster it

ive also accidentally killed myself multiple times by sprinting through a window without realizing that my momentum is gonna throw me over the rail on the other side

... im beginning to sense a theme here

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

My favorite thing about AC Origins/Odyssey is that they are fully-featured open-world RPGs. Mind you, not much in the way of dialogue choices, but you level up, find cool loot, do quests, and explore a massive world and really get into your character and it's really good! The actual plots are pretty good too - Bayek's quest to get revenge on the people who killed his son is emotionally gripping, and Kassandra is a force of chaos moving through Greece.

Which is to say, someday I'll play the older ACs, but they're very different games with different focuses on plot/gameplay/everything. This has upset one of my friends, as he misses when the games were more realistic and not RPGs.

The RPG stuff is definitely my least favorite part of the series. It totally fucks with the combat and overall flow of the game, not to mention that the loot itself is really boring. Oh great, my new hat gives me +10% bow damage and +4% assassin damage, weeee

I miss the old combat where u can take on 10+ badguys at once while looking stylish as hell, an arrow to the head is always lethal, and stabbing someone with the hidden blade will always kill. Now, all combat feels 10 times as arduous as it should be and i look like a scrub swinging wildly the whole time.

I understand that Ubisoft is just as compelled to put rpg loot in their games as players are to see number go up so i hope going forward, they find a better way to balance it so their assassin protagonists dont feel like theyre fighting with wet noodles

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Cardiovorax posted:

I think this one of those things were there's a meaningful difference between "good" and "fun to you personally." I'm not the kind of person who's heavily into fighting games or beat-em-ups, as a rule. You could hand me the best Tekken style fighting game in the world and I wouldn't enjoy it, because I just don't like repeating the same basic thing over and over - and yes, I know it doesn't feel that way to everyone, but it does to me. Once I feel like I've seen everything unique that a game has to offer, my interest tends to bottom out immediately. Asscreed as a series always worked for me because of the variety of tools and approaches to various situations that you can take and because it keeps drip-feeding you new equipment and abilities throughout most of the game. Leveling and gaining new skills is just a different implementation of that, in my view.

Theres a big difference between rpg loot leveling up where u get +2% health and holy damage or whatever through level ups and loot and gear/gadget progression where new mechanics are introduced via story milestones or what have you. I vastly prefer the latter because those introduce meaningful game and strategy changes while the former is just skinner box bs to me

A great example of those differences is old style AC vs new style AC. In older AC games, u constantly unlocked new gear and skills as u went through the game. At the same time, new enemies were introduced that would be immune or resistant to old strategies, thus pushing u to use ur new tools.

In the new AC games, getting new weapons/armor unlock next to no new meaningful gameplay changes. There arent even new gadgets to unlock. The only way the game changes up is with the skills. Some r cool and give u tactical options but most work like mmo skills where u just spam them off cooldown to grind through the enormous health pool that some enemies have

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Fart of Presto posted:

I didn't even get to any grappling points before I uninstalled it.
It's way too fast for me and I simply can't play such frantic games anymore, and had to give up, when I met the first three enemies and couldn't get past them.
It definitely didn't help that it's a 1 hit instakill game, and in the comparison to other games it would be more fitting to use Hotline Miami than Dishonored.

Also, don't get old :bahgawd: :corsair:

i think there is a game concept here that can absolutely work, but the way the game is set up now is not doing it for me. One issue is that its feels easy to miss hitting a target or doing a specific platform movement like wallrunning or hitting a grapple point. This is a game-feel issue that can be ironed out maybe by having the player snap to things if they are close enough.

The bigger issue i have, however, is the complete lack of situational awareness. This game is an fps trying to emulate 2d games like Hotline Miami and Katana Zero. It will have multiple guys shooting at you from different angles and elevations at the same time and expect you to be able to maneuver around them without getting hit once. Thankfully, the guys dont have hitscan weapons but instead shot blue orbs that have some travel time. Even better, you can deflect the orbs with your sword, though im not sure if you can deflect the shots back by being accurate or not. The problem is that since its an fps game, i have no idea whats coming my way outside of my main POV. Most of my deaths in the demo werent from losing matchups with the guys i was staring at but instead were from getting shot by someone i didnt see at the time.

Hotline Miami works because the perspective lets you plan stuff out and be aware of what the enemy has while your moving from one enemy to the next. You can seamlessly go from beating down an enemy in the corner of a room with your back to the door to throwing your weapon at the goon that comes in through said door, all without missing a beat. Sure, this game has a minimap, but that doesnt show me who is actively shooting me and who is just standing there. Its also a tiny map in the corner of the screen and this game demands a lot of focus from the player for executing the platforming/killing successfully.

There are a couple of solutions that could be used to help these issues. Add more melee enemies so youre not constantly under fire. Make sure the map design isnt too open to allow you to get picked off from a ton of angles. Change the AI so its not nearly as accurate when not in the player's POV, giving the player more time to respond if they see a couple of shots go past their view. Let the player use their grapple on enemies to help close the distance faster. idk im not a game dev, but i do wanna see this game be fun. The demo is close-but-not-quite there for me but this idea seems like it could be a ton of fun if pulled off properly.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

been on a bit of an older game kick. I saw that Resident Evil 4 was on sale a weekish ago so I picked it up. Played waaaayy back on the Gamecube when it first came out and never beat it so felt it was to fix that issue. drat this game is awesome. Controls are a bit awkward but once you get used to them its a thrilling action game with dashes of horror mixed in. I will never get sick of suplexing cultists either. Managed to actually finish it this time and im already sizing up a professional run through.

Before I do that tho, I want to beat another classic that I never finished before, Deus Ex, the original. Thankfully I already own the Game of the Year edition. I recall that there might be some fan patch that fixes minor stuff. Is that something Ill want to look into, or is the game functional enough out of the box? Also, any tips or trap options I should avoid? I've only ever beaten the 1st level before dropping it years ago so Im gonna start from scratch again here.

*edit* dont worry, def gonna grab dat GEP gun

ScootsMcSkirt fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 9, 2020

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

im not too worried about balance mods or whatever. The main issue is just getting it to scale properly on a 1440p monitor and stuff like that since its such an old game. I dont even care about hi-res textures, I just want basic functionality so it doesnt look all stretched out and crappy

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

im gonna go ahead and pimp out Snowrunner on the Epic game store. This game is not currently on sale, but with a $10 off coupon it can be yours for $30. It is an amazing open-world stuck-in-the-mud simulator that looks gorgeous and has stunning mud physics. It also has 40 different trucks ranging from a tiny Chevy pickup to completely massive Caterpillar construction vehicles.

It also boasts 4 player coop so you can get towed out of the mud by your buddies or random strangers. I've been obsessed with the game for a week now and Im surprised that its not more popular than it currently is. Its a totally chill experience and is very rewarding when you get stuck for 30 minutes and then finally complete get free and complete the job. The physics are also a ton of fun to mess around with.

If you have ever played Euro Truck Sim or American Truck Sim and wanted something more polished or demanding, this is the game for you

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

pentyne posted:

What's the consensus on Shadow Warrior? It starts like a nice fast paced blood and shoot em up fps with the sword fighting gimmick but I feel like its missing that extra little bit that made Doom 2016 such a blast to play.

the big problem is that the game is supposed to be a power fantasy with a bad-rear end gunslinging ninja but instead poo poo like this happens all the time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCBhZVafetk

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

Dark Messiah of Fear

D.A.R.K.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

More like F.O.O.T.

def wanna play a first-person-footer where kicking/drop-kicking/etc is the only way to attack ppl

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

K8.0 posted:

I certainly did. This whole progression has been very predictable. The real tipping point to me was Bill's Hat. Prior to that, Valve had been fairly hostile to penalizing people for not preordering. Generally PC games sold on steam came the same content regardless of when you bought it, and that acted as a fairly reliable ward against attempts at bullshit monetization. As soon as Valve announced Bill's Hat, I knew that we were seeing the end of consumers being generally treated well in the PC gaming market.

I don't blame the greedy companies, though. I blame idiot consumers with no self control still being willing to give them money no matter how hard they gently caress you in the rear end. When a developer or publisher tells you they intend to gently caress you over with DLC, just don't buy the game. The only way their behavior will change is if their wallet hurts for it. "Oh I just won't buy the poor value DLC/microtransactions/season pass/whatever" is exactly the attitude they're hoping for, because they're still getting your money AND they get to milk the whales.

this post makes me wanna boot up some L4D2

great game and still engaging after all these years

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Orv posted:

Shipbreaker is you tearing apart ships while in a space dock in orbit in order to fund your escape to a better life somewhere else in human space. You do this by getting into a mild amount of debt to the corp that hired you and tearing apart those ships for their valuable bits. That trailer is all the ways it can go wrong. Also you have to pay for your own cloning which puts you more in debt.

Here's a more general overview one;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN82DJGmq7o

do we know if this game will have coop or if its singleplayer only. It looks like a ton of fun, but might be a bit of a harder sell for me if i cant vent my friends into an explosive reactor

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

Their FAQ basically says who knows what the future may bring, but right now they are 100% focused on singleplayer only.

fair enough. i cant imagine what a nightmare itd be to sync up all the physics for multiplayer, but a man can dream tho :allears:

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Havent played it yet but Shipbreakers looks like Viscera Cleanup Detail mixed with Revengeance. Am i close to the mark with that one?

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Orv posted:

So that DC thing people mentioned earlier happened and uh, Shadow of Gotham with 2P co-op seems maybe cool?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np-QRdUTkSs

the enemy levels, health bars, damage numbers, xp levels, and resource systems are all massive red flags to me. I know older Arkham titles have xp and leveling up, but all that did was allow u to unlock new abilities or gadgets and it had nothing to do with doing more damage or whatever. Coop looks really fun, but im gonna wait and see how this all shakes out. Rrrrreeeealllllyyyy hope this isnt some games as a service bullshit like Avengers

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Det_no posted:

Great concept for a co-op game but not digging the extravagant abilities and stuff. It reminds me of Destiny/Borderlands/Division and that in turn makes me think there will be weekly raids on villain's lairs to gather legendary rarity capes and poo poo.

r u talking about Avengers or the new Batman game?

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

drat horror queefs posted:

If any game has a shotgun that isn't chunky and loud and intensely satisfying to fire then throw it into the loving trash

Play FEAR if you haven’t already

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

I picked up BPM this morning and if you can get past the... distinct???... use of color, this is a fantastically fun meld of DOOM and Crypt of the Necrodancer (a concept I didn't think could possibly be made manifest)

I found six-shooter that needs seven reload taps on (half-)beats to go from empty to full: one tap to open the chamber, one tap per bullet shoved in, and one more to close it, all on rhythm. That sounds like a pain in the rear end written down but it is so satisfying in game

wouldnt that be 8 taps, unless it held 5 bullets? I feel like 8 taps would be easier to integrate into a beat rather than 7

kinda sounds like receiver which can get a rhythm of its own when u need to reload

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Cardiovorax posted:

Weirdly enough, thanks to the way the trailer presented the game, I actually expected it to not feature any space combat at all. I thought it would be a Fallen Order style "you are a spacemans crashed on Planet X, find a way off of Planet X" deal. I'm certainly more interested in it now.

wtf lol :psyduck:

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

Noted. Mostly it's been killing the ones in safe zones to unlock them, but I guess there's only so many of those, so that's alright.

When i played i used the skill that lets you throw melee weapons against them. I forget how many throws it takes but i think they go down in like 2 or 3. Just throw the big 2 hander weapons, like the rebar they use against you, at the guys and they r no problem at all.

For humans i just shot them in the head with guns, they were too much of a hassle to try to fight normally

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

is alan wake worth the time if I liked control?

Depends on how much you liked the story in Control and if you played the AWE DLC. I recently played through Alan Wake for the 1st time because of Control and really enjoyed it. The gameplay is very outdated tho, but not that difficult so its easy to get through for the story, which I found to be pretty enjoyable. It does have its fun and tense moments from time to time and I found it fun and engaging enough to get through all the episodes. After that, I played through American Nightmare which had a worse story, but much better gameplay. Alan Wake with the DLC episodes is on Gamepass if you dont want to spend too much money on a game you might not like

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

OzFactor posted:

I want to get a couple Lego games for my kids for Christmas. They're 4 and 7 and they love to watch me play things but I really want them to actually play with me. Are they easy to play co-op if I let one of them use a controller and I use KB+M? Or do I have to get a second controller? I am thinking of Marvel Super Heroes (for the 4yo) and Harry Potter 1-4 (for the 7yo).

Havent played any recent Lego games so cant help you too much with the technical questions, but from what I recall, they are pretty much all very friendly for couch coop. I imagine that keyboard plus controller would work, but you might need 2 controllers.

As for games, Ive seen Lego DC Supervillains recommended several times by goons ITT. Looks like a game where you make your own hero villian for the story which would be real cool for the kids. Been on my wishlist for a bit, but I might take the plunge next sale

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Gromit posted:

Thanks everyone for the Valheim info. I'll definitely put it on the list of games to consider for my group, along with Barotrauma.

i will second the rec for Barotrauma. That game is like a more user-friendly Space Station 13 with actual gameplay mechanics. The mission objectives themselves are secondary to the huge amount of chaos and fuckery a fully-manned sub brings with it. The game is a ton of fun when everyone is doing their role and trying their best to keep the sub from flooding. Hell, the game is even fun when people are loving up, either intentionally or unintentionally. 6 people would be close to the ideal amount of people to have on a sub too, so it should be a good fit for your group number.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Cardiovorax posted:

You shouldn't have much trouble getting one. If you're at a point where you're fighting robots, you've definitely already been somewhere that stun guns can be found.

there's a stungun hidden in like the very first area of the game

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Doctor Nutt posted:

There's a point where bragging about playing games with bad keyboard controls with a keyboard rather than lowering oneself to using a controller is just kind of stupid rather than impressive. I haven't played CP77 yet so I'm not sure where your post lands but based on context I'm going to guess it leans toward the former.

Eh. CP77 is in that weird state where playing with kbm is better for 90% of the time, but when you get in a car, its much better to use the controller. I get not wanting to switch between the two when playing and just putting up with lovely kbm controls for the 10% of time you're driving :shrug:

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Mooncrash was very experimental and while it didn't completely work for everyone, I adored it and enjoyed it more than Prey itself. It kinda teaches you how to speedrun the game but is also open-ended enough that just aimlessly wondering around and messing with things can give you invaluable knowledge about how the mechanics work and give you the edge for your next run.

I am very much looking forward to Deathloop. Arkane should have learned a lot of lessons with Mooncrash and if they apply that knowledge correctly, then Deathloop will be something amazing.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

whole lotta misconceptions about MHW on this page

edit* or not lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Morter posted:

When I played the game, it took me a few minutes to realize that you can bring up a pause menu but time does not stop. I could tell by going at a speed, pulling up menus and noticing my truck was still moving due to momentum.

So my worry is that if something came up, I'd forget to completely stop moving and turn off my motor, and thus lose fuel (per the example link).

even if it didn't pause, you can also... turn your truck off