Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

sigh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

no luck here and now they're saying theyre all reserved

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

goddamn do i hate this poo poo.

oh well

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

God I hate this future. Can't buy anything when it comes out even if I'm there right when it hits

yeah its great

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

which versions have people been able to preorder?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Im still at the account too new *shrug* gently caress it.

good luck all

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

"Expected order availability: Q1 2022 " lol

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

late 2022 i'd imagine

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Its already at Q2 2022 availability now lol

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

No point even bothering now when they're estimating even if I get a preorder in it won't get coming to at least this time next year

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Kaddish posted:

Where is the availability info?

https://store.steampowered.com/steamdeck

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Huh I just randomly reloaded and got a 512gb preorder, we'll see if it goes through. Long wait for next year though

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Kaddish posted:

After going back and checking the page while logged in, it also shows my availability as Q1 2022 for the 512.

Mine's Q2, but I'm not buying from a scalper so I'll deal.

e: I also used a credit card for the first time and it went through quick, after trying my Steam Wallet for the last hour and getting nothig

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Twoflower posted:

Finally got through, after getting sick of the errors with trying Paypal just tried CC on a whim and made it through. Who knows. Was added to my cart around 12:00:63 CT, so it's been a fun 90ish minutes :confuoot:

Thats ohow i got it to finally work

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Play posted:

I was being glib but you can't tell me that many people, seeing three different variations of something with one being the 'best,' instantly just decide they want that one.

Hell no one's even seen the glass or whether there is a practical difference but that was probably a factor for many people as well. Not that I'm different, it's just a variation of FOMO where you don't want to regret getting the worse version so you just go all in.

Not saying it's not worth it or a rip off or anything. It's just proven psychology.

I only heard the NVME was soldered in, and I'm a storage whore so that's the only reason I preordered the 512. It was only $5 and I'll cancel whenever if it turns out to suck or can customize, esp since I'm not expecting anything for at least a year from now.

e: I only did this cause I've seen the rest of the bullshit with PS5/Graphics Cards.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Got in line but mine says q2 2022, so probably a year from now :(

Seeya in a year buddy! Hope we get lucky

but yeah Steam's custom controller profiles are crazy. Especially all the user made ones. If this kicks off there will be a ton, for better or for worse

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Is Gabe pulling an Elon?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Oscar Wild posted:

Kinda happy I didn't get in the first quarter for the steam brick. By the time I have to pay I assume I will see some reviews and better understand what it's capable of.

That's how I feel. I mean it's only $5.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

it is

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Rabid Snake posted:

Remember the amount of hate Gabe got for always on DRM when CS 1.6 came out? All of the steam logo photoshop Friday pics

I... have no idea. But I don't disagree with ya

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

nemesis_hub posted:

I honestly don't want to rain on anyone's parade but I don't get this at all. To me personally anyway, a PC is for PC games, and mobile gaming is for games that are primarily designed as mobile games. The Switch adds convenience so that I can occasionally play away from the tv, but for me that was always a bonus to its main purpose as a console.

Now you might think, well who cares what you think buddy, but beyond my personal preferences, if this thing really takes off, won't it run the risk of muddling the difference between different types of gaming? I already think gaming is too infested with skinner-box busywork. Do we really want developers developing PC games more and more geared to the idea that they should also be optimized for mobile? I love a lot of Nintendo DS games and there are some good games for smartphones but I don't want the entire PC gaming world to start skewing in the direction of that design space.

Am I completely off to be thinking about this?

No ones reading that. They either want it or don't.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

nemesis_hub posted:

I don't think you got what I'm saying. If the Steam Deck becomes a huge hit, then there might be a temptation for developers to tailor their future titles to the install base, and create games better suited for mobile. If complex simulations, strategy games, rpgs, etc, prove to be less popular on the Steam Deck than games that are simpler, then future development could be influenced by the desire to appeal to the install base.

We're going to die by climate in 2 decades if we're lucky wgaf. Get what you can now

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

pentyne posted:

How many people rushing to buy this Steam Deck made fun of people for pre-ordering Cyberpunk 2077?

Tech and software is one of the worst things to be first in line for, especially the first edition of the model.

lol

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

drat I just reinstalled windows and have been losing my mind over why the internet isn't working well enough for steam.

shoulda googled!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I've missed 10 pages but I had to just say God of War is so good on PC holy poo poo.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Mordja posted:

Yeah, I started on Normal but the GOW difficulty has a menu warning that you can't change it. Is there a NG+?

Yes there is. At least I think so from when I played it on PS4. Ok back to playing

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Spermando posted:

This is what I'm seeing after updating the driver and rebooting.

Pick your GeForce card, don't set it to auto

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Can someone tell me in stupid terms what Nvidia reflex is and why I'd want it for god of war?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Stux posted:

considierng you are the kind of braindead moron to play a sony game you will want to click that box VERY HARd and then pretend you can feel the difference. ganbatte :hai:

I needed something simple after just beating SMTV on god's console the Switch

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Anyone play King Arthur Knight's Tale? thoughts?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Are there any sort of 'new-ish' Ultima Underworld games out there? There's a bunch with the grid based move system (Grimrock) but I'd love to be able to free roam in first person through a giant RPG dungeon

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Serephina posted:

Sounds like you want Arx Fatalis? It's not very new anymore (and most people use a free tool called Arx Liberalis to get it running on modern systems) but the devs where quite explicit about what they where making.

I've played the poo poo out of it unfortunately :/

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

ChrisBTY posted:

I have been fighting a persisting lingering migraine* for over a week now. I haven't played anything other than MTG Arena (which I play the same way bored office workers play minesweeper)in that timeframe. I want to play something else. I was playing Triangle Strategy but I feel like I'm about to bounce off that game. I was thinking of buying either Omori or tERRORbane.

*Not like 'consistently in pain'. It just feels like my brain constantly has pressure on it that could threaten to turn into a migraine if I run afoul of any other migraine triggers. So I'm fine, mostly.

What chapter are you at in TS?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Hell yes I loved Spiderman on ps4. time for some real fps and graphics while flying around

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Absolute unit

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Jordan7hm posted:

The best thing about spiderman is the swinging. It’s so so so so good.

I was maybe halfway through in the early days of the pandemic and stopped playing in the summer of 2020 though because the copaganda was too much for me in that moment. May go back to it, may not. The swinging was so good.

I bought a PS4 just for FF7R (If I knew it was gonna come out on PC a year later well, no PS4) Spiderman was the only other game I had a fantastic time with. Oh and God of War.

Just playing it now in 3440x1440/120 with RTX it's amazing just swinging around and webbing fuckers, which is what I loved about the game.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Gorn Myson posted:

Just looking on Steam and you can buy the entire Arkham series for £7.49 and even though you can get that cheaper elsewhere right now I still think its a bargain because of just how good those games are.

Arkham City alone is worth it

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

SirSamVimes posted:

The Spider-man video game is very very good and I'll probably pick it up at some point for PC

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Oldstench posted:

Does Arkham Asylum run well on PC? Seem to recall it being a pretty lovely port back in the day.

I dunno about before but they all run great for me.

Asylum is way different if I remember right, it's basically like a stealth/beatemup in corridors? I never beat it cause I got bored of that so I dunno. City was incredible. Knight was okay. just more of the same. but if you liked City you'll enjoy Knight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

AfricanBootyShine posted:

I'd like to see a Batman/Spiderman piece of media that deals with police corruption by working with civilians instead of cops. I haven't played Spiderman, but the Batman games end up falling so flat when they attempt to address police corruption because the answer is always 'more cops but good'... Even though every game kicks off with a massive failure of the criminal justice system.

Give me a game that ends with abolition of the police and more social workers on the streets.

lol yeah!