Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
make tthis the cspam pic or ill fuckin rampage 1080p full movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
:synpa::synpa::synpa::synpa::synpa::synpa::synpa::synpa::synpa::synpa:

:synpa::synpa::synpa::synpa::synpa::synpa::synpa::synpa::synpa::synpa:

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Like why isn't this whole place Bernie branded like what the gently caress

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I'm open to suggestions but that seems a little on the nose. A Eugene V Debs for president theme would withstand the test of time better.

Basically I want to make a stylesheet selector before I do anything too big because some portion of the 1000+ users will hate whatever we change. Clearly some folks are into the newspaper thing and some want something less serious and I don't think it's fair to either camp to impose that. Sorry work on this has been slow!

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

does a style sheet selector also mean room for more styles if people do the actual css etc?

Because it would be awesome to be able to swap to old jeb while also getting access to debs 2027 and gay space constructivist, etc.

larper
Apr 9, 2019

Trabisnikof posted:

does a style sheet selector also mean room for more styles if people do the actual css etc?

Because it would be awesome to be able to swap to old jeb while also getting access to debs 2027 and gay space constructivist, etc.

Take a look at the archived version of the white supremacist "FYAD" forum (the most racist & toxic posts are contained in the "criterion" FYAD forum). The stylesheet selector at the bottom would probably work the same in cspam

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

communist anime tractor when

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

dex_sda posted:

communist anime tractor when

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

change forum subname back to Goblin Piss imo

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

The Xkdc Larper posted:

Not that I am going to do anything to help out, but I think the idea of a new york times stylesheet is boring and sucks rear end. It should look crazy and use :has pseudoclasses to make posts containing BERNIE fly around the screen and. Avatars should be saying the posts. Mods posts should be turned into 1px text in a collapsed box that you have to click a button to display. All of the branding and styling should be directly copied from AboveTopSecret

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Just change every icon, image, and background to pudding

in honor of ol' puddin'brain Joe

larper
Apr 9, 2019
Jeffery or whatever mod is handling this: can we add any jquery / JS modifications to make targeted changes?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
We have jquery available, though the site javascript is kind of a mess so hopefully it's worth it. Yospos has custom javascript and so can cspam.

larper
Apr 9, 2019
that is enough to make the bernie posts fly around

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

change everyone’s av to Bernie Sanders

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
change the newbie avs to biden

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Make a train drive around the outside of the page boundaries.

Chooo chooo

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Centrist Committee posted:

“Senile Newbie” or “Corn-Pop Lover”

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Centrist Committee posted:

baby getting a fat one planted on its head from u kno who, plenty to choose

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

ikanreed posted:

Make a train drive around the outside of the page boundaries.

Chooo chooo

this but the commie tractor

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

each post should end with the line:

I yield back the rest of my time.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

ted hitler hunter posted:

each post should end with the line:

I yield back the rest of my time.

This should be put at the end of signatures instead of all posts. And yes you can use signatures in C-SPAM

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Jewel Repetition posted:

And yes you can use signatures in C-SPAM

You can? Oh hell yeah!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Koishi Komeiji posted:

You can? Oh hell yeah!

I humbly request that the mods please remove the ability to use signatures on cspam

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

make this the cspam background tia

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Can we change the headline to The C Spam End Times?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Elephanthead posted:

Can we change the headline to The C Spam End Times?

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Covid’s Art of Love

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
much like how yospos has the random cosdogepop, cspam should have a random "covpop", with a friendly coronavirus popping up randomly. the pop rate should be tied to your regdate, so it pops more for older accounts

larper
Apr 9, 2019
If any of you nerd idiots are interested in chatting about setting up a build system & collab workflow for the stylesheet i am on discord at xkcdlarp.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
If C-SPAM has selectable light and dark themes the former should be called "tremendous, very powerful light"

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

The latter should read "democracy dies in this"

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

HiHo ChiRho posted:

lol

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Jewel Repetition posted:

If C-SPAM has selectable light and dark themes the former should be called "tremendous, very powerful light"

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Jewel Repetition posted:

this image should pop up when you switch from light to dark theme, before the theme actually gets dark

twoday
May 4, 2005

It's been a while but I am BACK and this thread is BACK and I'm a mod now so buckle up!

After reflecting upon the previous discussions we had in this thread for a few months, I had the following thoughts:

We couldn't come to a conclusion about how to design the stylesheet. There were two main groups. Some wanted a FYAD-lite stylesheet that was really wacky and loud and colorful. Others (including myself) wanted to have a more sober boring stylesheet that made C-SPAM look like a parody of the New York Times (which is why we have that weird header at the top of the forum now, since that was as far as we got).

If it's technically possible, which I think it is, because astral rules and because YOSPOS has multiple stylesheet options, then I would like to implement both of these. After discussing this with tech people I think it would possible to create two stylesheets, and have a selector between those, as well as the normal forums stylesheet. Jeffrey emphasized this specifically, that he believes that nobody should be forced to have a stylesheet, and we should make it optional.

So, here's the plan: in order to satisfy everyone in the thread, we're making two C-SPAM stylesheets, and one will be called "day crew mode" and it will look like a serious newspaper website, and the other one will be called "nite krew mode" and it will be whatever wacky poo poo you want. But no anime or tractors, that's an ADTRW thing, they already have that, and I don't like the thing with the av saying the post either because that's a FYAD thing. Let's make something new and unique to C-SPAM.

It's been a while since anyone posted in this thread so feel free to read back through the old posts and quote/emptyquote them if you like some of them, or toss in new ideas. Ideally, I would like to have all of this done and implemented in time for the elections.

Ok, go!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
didn't read, have a box at the bottom that says [These post have been paid for by the (enter pedo cabal org)] and is randomized imo. get on it jeffrey u fraud

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

code:
background: piss;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

Well I wrote that whole post but I have to say that this is pretty good too

Reality Protester posted:

do a trump stylesheet and a biden stylesheet

Ok same plan but the wacky style sheet will be the Trump sheet and the boring NYT knock-off will be the Biden one

twoday has issued a correction as of 04:20 on Sep 17, 2020