Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Tax time this year is the first time in 6 years I haven't had a refund. I have to pay them.

That LITMO removal stings.

Could be worse, if I went into the office I'd have to pay even more.

Think a tax agent is going to be a good idea from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Seems fair with their strategic poop bombing of car parks.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Non Compos Mentis posted:

why do the betting apps need a chat

So you can gamble Responsibly with your mates!

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Lolie posted:

Thanks Commbank.

Sheesh, what do you mean I can't spend my house deposit on doge coin in one go.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Infinitum posted:

How the gently caress do you miss Posties in highvis?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEUUTEP1y0k

Notice most if not all of them are at stop signs or give way intersections. One was a roundabout.

Drivers just don't give a gently caress and sail through them. If they are even looking up at all.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Tirade posted:

Come work for the APS if you want to relive this experience

LOL yeah 10 seconds...

Don't miss out on when the update breaks all the critical systems due to security 'enhancement'.

Or the update and retatrt to fix that, which breaks more.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Bomb/Hostage situation unfolding at Sydney Airport

Looks like passengers are disembarking, which is good.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

I hate what they did to the vodafone app and wish they would go back to how it was

While 2FA is great and all, logging into the app, to open a web page, to send an sms, to open a Web page , to go back to the app...is horrendously clunky.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

NPR Journalizard posted:

Goddamn first time in my life I have owed the ATO money after putting in my return.

I was looking forward to having a few bucks to play with. At least its less than $100, but im still cranky about it.

Same, I saw the estimate and thought 'gently caress that' and am going to a tax agent for the first time ever. Even if it gets me to zero I'd be fine with that.

Killing the LITMO has really stung.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Ammo tin maybe

Ammo tin or old Mil storage case. Sort of looks like it says 'apparatus' on the side.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

platypus dont have teeth

They also are venomous. The males at least, with a hind leg spur.

Because , of course it does in Australia.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

A transformers train set but they are all old syd rail trains

We talking tangarbage or the red rattlers?

Tangaras would fall over as the internal heat overwhelms the broken A/C.

Red rattlers would have higher armour value but bits would keep falling off at random points.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

i think you are in the wrong thread mate

Can't Park teetotal here mate?

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Carth Dookie posted:

Static shock.

But in da brain.

Sums it up well. It's like a low voltage jolt from doing things (or nothing at all, mine was if I moved my eyes to the right), but mainly in your head.

They're annoying as hell, but compared to other withdrawals it was nothing too unbearable and went away after a couple of weeks.

Hell the side affects ON antidepressants were worse than a few weeks of brain zaps for me. Both start up and persistent.

But yeah some doctors won't even acknowledge discontinuation symptoms as being a real thing.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
A cognitive test might be the way to go. If you test positive for THC you just have to show your prescription and then some basic tests, like walking in a line, reaction time to something etc maybe? Someone absolutely munted on a few bowls would be sluggish and obviously intoxicated? Also would allow for people with a much higher tolerance from long term use to show they are functional.

Would take some work to figure out methods of testing but better than 'nah you had a cone three days ago and came up positive and are now banned from driving'.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Starfield rated R18+ down here

Hey, at least we have an R18 rating for games now. Took bloody long enough.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

nah, it could make use of it though, DK64 and MM are the only games that completey require it. well, and the JP version of Perfect Dark.

The Australian version of Perfect Dark needed the expansion card to play the campaign too.

Was top tier rare devs gaming back then.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Lolie posted:

We paid significantly more for any kind of physical entertainment media, whether it was books, music, or movies, too.

Australia tax. Photoshop was notorious for that. Was cheaper to fly over to the states and buy it than get it here in Australia at one point.

Yep, and we had the most horrendous region coding too. We were lumped in with like south America, so it took ages to get the region 4 movies here.

Pretty sure I paid like $200 for Wing Commander 3 back in the 90's (was totally worth it).

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Abc got a hilarious article about "cash stuffing'.

One method gaining popularity on social media is called "cash stuffing".

Also known as you know, budgeting.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

4 thirty on a sunday afternoon, might have a nap

Best thing. I'm annoyed I waited til my 40's before I realised the bliss that is an arvo nap.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Carth Dookie posted:

Fucks sake why do we have to go through this every loving time society tries to evolve to be more inclusive? :smith:

In short. Haters gotta hate.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

The Australian announcement of spring.

Make friends or run in terror.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Anyone else telling their kids they are going to hammerbarn instead of calling it bunnings?

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Can you swim in the hawkesbury or will you get worms?

Yep. More likely to get slashed to pieces by the oysters on the rocks than worms.

Also Brooklyn area has some friendly bitebois, usually Bullsharks. So don't strap fish to yourself while swimming.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

EoinCannon posted:

I just did 2 hours going across the outer north of Melbourne and back today and I would say the zipper merge is not well understood by most drivers

ACT drivers are united with Melbourne with their inability to understand how a slip lane works.

Correct pronunciation.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Humphreys posted:

My 2 cents on cyclists are:

Commuter people on bikes, yeah cool, get some space, you just getting about.

It's CYCLISTS, ie MAMILs (Middle Aged Men In Lycra) that travel in packs and at least in my area, very wealthy cunts that ride 3 wide on a 2 lane road that are a real problem. I like to give anyone and everyone space, but seriously those cunts stretch the friendship.

Sums it up well. Basically there are gently caress head sub groups in every form. Cyclists have the MAMIL dick heads, motorcycles have the street Rossi's and 'I wanna be in Son's of Anarchy'. Car drivers just have a much larger pool of dickheads by volume.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

ErKeL posted:

I motorcycle most days and cars are the only cunts that do astoundingly weird poo poo that tries to get me killed.

Cyclists just impress me. Might sound strange from a motorcyclist but I don't think I would be brave enough to ride a bicycle anywhere near the road.

Pretty much. At least we have armour and helmets to protect us, not to mention the ability to accelerate out of a dangerous spot if needed.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Croccers posted:

Exactly, look at the other page with that link. 2 people in a bunch of years. Weak.
People on bicycles should start whipping bike chains at everyone near them.

Deal. But only if motorcyclists can do it to every phone using moron in their giant trucks too.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Carth Dookie posted:

Yep. Same with corporate culture latching onto mindfulness as a solution to employee mental health. Making the employees mental issue the focus and responsibility to change and fix... instead of perhaps addressing workplace issues that cause those mental issues. That might require work by the company instead of pushing responsibility onto the pleb. Can't have THAT.

Fuckers.

Pretty much.

Have a cup cake and go back to your poo poo job that doesn't cover your rent or living expenses, oh by the way we had to let go a few people (and some others quit) and no we aren't back filling so just have to work a bit harder for the same pay.

Also why aren't you wearing your corporate mandated bright coloured shirt?

The original idea was great, then corporate got its hands on it and did what they do best.

Now get back to work.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Minera posted:

"no i'm not OK i haven't had enough pay raises to keep up with the cost of living, do something about it"

Something something, company budget, something something tighten our belts, something something smiles and wanders off (was basically the excuse I got in my old job for half a decade).

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Uber driver or Hungry Jacks hosed up our order and delivered us 2 empty bags

They... Probably weren't empty when the driver got them. I'm sure they enjoyed the meal at home.

But yeah food delivery, when was packing loving cold DRINKS in with hot food the thing you do? Holy poo poo.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Made the mistake of opening a page in the Google suggested scroll thing (so no adblock) holy poo poo how cancerous pages are with ads everywhere. Could barely even see the article through all the ads, pop ups and poo poo everywhere.

How people do anything online without ad block running is beyond my comprehension.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Exactly as lovely as I thought, then.

loving "gig" work. Only worse.

Gig economy and grindset bullshit is horrendous.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Oh and your rent is going up by 40% because 'reasons'.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Bald Stalin posted:

It's loving stupid because you have to completely change the shipping container in almost every way to make it liveable. It's more efficient to build a frame. Complete idiocy.

We should be building public apartments upwards with community gardens, pools, playgrounds, gymnasiums and shops nearby.

The challenge is not building them already falling apart and said pool areas leaking into the apartments below. The build quality on a lot of the new high rises are atrocious.

Also more than a one or two bedder ffs.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Bald Stalin posted:

that will last generations aren't as profitable. We need to do something about it.

That's the issue. It's more about churn and burn and make quick profit then rush off to the next one.

Which is in my eyes the fundamental issue with western society in general. It's all about ever increasing profit and unlimited expansion. Cheap, weak/flimsy, quick profit only and throw it in the trash and buy a new one when it breaks a year later.

I really am getting old. I basically said 'don't make them like they used to'.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

yeeeeah, im glad i work for a place that will give me free masks for smoky days

ed: it is really great that the auspost tracking tells you if it needs a signature

It's crazy when you look at photos from early 2020 and everything is just tinted orange on a 'good' day.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Lolie posted:

It's a really common problem. I belong to a group which places nest boxes for birds and mammals on properties in an attempt to somewhat mitigate the loss of appropriate nesting habitat. At least once a week someone posts that their nest box has been invaded by bees. Bee keepers aren't so keen to collect them at the moment, either.

Wonder why bee keepers aren't keen to collect them? Especially as bee population is in decline at the moment and is responsible for a shitload of our food and plants being pollinated.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Fucks sake. Hope you people over in your own Country State of WA can keep it away.

Really not liking this alternate timeline much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

i wonder if the pool ball machine is still there

i found my photos from my school trip the canberra and there were about 15 photos of the ball machine

i also went to the snow on that trip but you wouldnt know because i took no pictures

Think it's still there.

Also the lightning machine/Tesla coil and earthquake machine are still there too.