Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Katoomba high is in shutdown mode due to the Coronavirus. That’s really gonna freak out the antivax, anti 5G crowd massively

This is going to decimate the Blue Mountains. The number of retirees here multiplied by how god damned stubborn they are is a disaster waiting to happen. My mum just used Katoomba High being shut down as a reason NOT to cancel her bridge club and dinner plans. Insane idiots the lot of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

I'm not yet at the point of panic buying anything despite knowing full well that being a teacher I'm going to cop an impact from coronavirus sooner rather than later. I wouldn't mind if they got rid of the kids for a couple of weeks and still made the teachers show up. It'd mean that I'd both have excellent programs to teach from but also that I might have half a chance of having a workshop full of tools that are fully sharpened and set correctly rather than poo poo that is cobbled together to get kids through projects

Have you been to any of the supermarkets in Katoomba today? I went to Coles on Friday afternoon and it was fine. My mother does her shopping on Monday and I'm trying to talk her into doing it before everything is gone.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Infinitum posted:

Read that as Reg Mombassa.

When are we gonna see Mambo Loud Shirts make a comeback?

Mambo t-shirts are starting to show up in Big W so ..probably not soon. My school uniform was Mambo so for me it's forever the dorkiest thing from the 90s.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Metal is kinda easy mode for polishing cause it's shininess tends to hide some of it's fine scratches once the polish hides the microscratches.

The polish they use to remove scratches in glass is pretty brutal and messy from what I've seen from watching videos. Because it is transparent its a oval office to fill the fine scratches that develop in the surface which affects its overall finish. Polishing clear acrylic on the other hand is a piece of piss cause you can sand it up to 1000 and then hit it with some plastic polish and it comes up as clear on the edge as it is on the surface. It's part of the reason that some people favour acrylic aquariums over glass ones because the joins can all be glued properly and polished to the point that you can see through it edge on.

You live in katoomba right? If I win the trump thread completion (which it looks like I will) I'm going to give you plat for a reason I cannot technically discuss here.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Is it sharp? I got a pretty sweet stick recently my rake broke.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

bee posted:

Good luck with court MT. I find after the dentist is the best time to take care of any ambitious nose hair.

I was lucky to get some visitors this afternoon. They ignored the seeding native grasses I've planted on the other side of the lawn and went straight for the good stuff in my veggie patch:

Those are some of the most well natured birds there are and they always seem to be in a couple. Like all parrots they'll go nuts for sunflower seeds so if you want to keep them off the veggies put some of those around. You will eventually attract every single other bird in your area though, if you do.
They're the sort of bird you can have eating out of your hand in a couple of days if you're patient enough with them.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

EoinCannon posted:

I'm booked in to get AZ tomorrow and now the clinic messages me with an automatic confirmation "YES" type SMS.
It included a request to 'please bring along a letter of recommendation from my regular GP and a health summary'
I don't have a regular GP so I don't have that stuff, just planning on showing up anyway.
Anyone else been asked that kind of thing?

I had to have a consultation with my GP before they'd book the jab because I was under 40, but this was all within the same medical centre.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Today I went out and got a small stockpile of n95(p2) masks and I suggest everyone else do the same. Especially since AZ seems to be by far the least effective against omicron.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It Matrix 4 actually poo poo or are we just all old and easily unimpressed now?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Never and god help the first person that uses it around me.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The Coles in Katoomba was almost out of meat this afternoon. Better beat the meat rush. Sorry I'm really tired.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Leura woolies was no better and the fruit and veg was pretty empty but has been at stages over the last couple of weeks

What's the butcher in Leura like (assuming you've ever been)? I keep not being bothered to go all the way there just to buy meat but I think I'm over eating the pet food grade poo poo they sell at Coles.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Raged posted:

I have travelled from Bathurst to Sydney and back for years. Every time I did I would stop in this little town called Hartley that has this amazing lollie shop. It carried pretty much every candy I remember from back in the US and around the world.

A lightning bolt struck it last night

Genuinely sad about this. So many good memories with my daughter at that place.

RIP Lollie Bug. You kept me fat & happy

Oh no way. I love Hartley, I've never been to the lolly shop though. I'm sure they'll rebuild.

That reminds that I need to go to Officeworks and the drive to Bathurst is so drat scenic.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
As opposed to artisanal handcrafted bespoke Mars Bars?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

But they come in packages of 6!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Oh that sucks. I left my apes in San Francisco.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Is he by himself?

E: And have you seen other magpies trying to chase him away? 'Cause he's super young to be alone. He should still have his parents with him.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

bee posted:

Yes, I've seen the other magpies swoop it. It's alone, no sign of the parents. I think it might be a girl. It's been hanging around for a while now and after asking around at least 3 other neighbours have been feeding it worms and mince and wombaroo mix (I have been sharing mine around). So it's not in danger of starving.

I've seen it foraging in my backyard for bugs so it has some idea of how to hunt.

Poor thing. I have no idea how to tell the genders apart at that age. The ones swooping it could even be the parents. You've probably made a life-long friend there provided it doesn't get chased out of the area.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

bee posted:

Oh I have a huge soft spot for birds so I'm looking out for it, but luckily it seems pretty happy, perhaps being a bit lonely. It hangs out in a tree near my house and sings in the morning so for the moment it seems content to be here despite the protestations of the other local swoopies

Same and cockatoos. I don't care how many times they bite me while I'm feeding them or that they're slowly dismantling my house, they're so adorable.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Which guy was that again? Is it that guy that still posts in here every so often before getting told to gently caress off?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I have fairly kind of memories of everywhere in Australia that I've been except for Surfer's Paradise. A completely irredeemable shithole and that was back in the 90s. I can't imagine it got any better.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I don't think it's gone over 30 a single day this summer up in here in the mountain. Yup it's a good life and I'm definitely not developing seasonal affective disorder because it's hasn't stop raining for more than a few days at a time in nearly 2 years.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I got mine today. So far nothing. I feel like I'm waiting for acid to come on and I'm starting to think I got ripped off. It's only been 10 hours though.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

American Dad posted:

Covid claimed constant consumption caused corpulence. Cargo chinos cannot comfortably cinch.

*clap clap*

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
There's no chance it wouldn't be broadcast if the media got their hands on it. I don't know what police media is like these days but there's a decent enough chance people already know about it.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The taste of alcohol is revolting that's why we generally do what we can to disguise it.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Seeing Toadfish "Jared" Rebecchi grow from a troubled young man loitering in a cement pipe into a respected lawyer in many ways mirrors my own journey as someone who lived in a sewer and is now in a lot of legal trouble.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Every time I've eaten something called a parma it's been a chicken schnitzel with eggplant, cheese, and a Neapolitan sauce on it.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I think people should be allowed to enjoy their schnitzel in peace without being harassed by inner-city people with their inner-city opinions.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Yank=Septic Tank=Seppo

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
A bogan can be a derro, a gronk, and a houseo at the same time. The one unifying characteristic is that they're all poo poo cunts.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

ili posted:

Nah some bogans are pretty top cunts hey.

wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA8gJoT5yl4

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Teknoman and Sailor Moon were on Cheez TV.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I think Agro stopped showing cool cartoons after CheezTV started. Pe-95 that stuff may have been on Agro but post 95 it was definitely on CheezTV.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

poo poo little sprinkle here so far, maybe something will turn up

There's a LOT of rain coming down in the mountains right now.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
That's awesome. Is that just in your yard? I've been trying to spot an owl forever and they won't show up.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The messaging that vitamins are a scam is not filtering into regular society at all is it?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Did the one we were having finish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Unless the wind is going in the opposite direction on your side of the mountains there's nothing happening. It's totally fine up here.