Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Salvaging a Borg Cube makes sense for a flotilla desperate for literal breathign room:

Earth, Hitler, 1933

quote:

Bashir, O'Brien and Ezri all seem plausible, both character and actor wise.

Oh man, if Ezri shows up before me and my SO get to her first appearance on DS9, I'm gonna have some 'splainin' to do!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Grand Fromage posted:

I agree stop making Star Trek references in a Star Trek thread, bad taste.

Note to galley: Romulan Ale no longer to be served in this thread.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Grand Fromage posted:

Then causality doesn't exist and we should decompress the Main Shuttlebay; the explosive force may push us out of the way.

Fixed

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

zoux posted:

I'd argue that the Trek fandom is probably the most continuity-obsessed fandom there is. They used to publish books called “nitpicker's guides to TOS/TNG/DS9” back in the 80s and 90s that exhaustively detailed every continuity error episode by episode. The tone of the books was definitely tongue-in-cheek and aware that they were being nitpicky, that is to say, it didn't have the acid that internet nitpicking does.

*sigh* Okay, everybody, raise your hand if you, like me, had more than one of those books. (Raise your other hand if you, like me, still have them on a shelf.)

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
They should have had Hallie Todd play Dahj's mother. :colbert:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Create a dungeon sex table capable of defeating Data.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Lizard Combatant posted:

Isn't that the B plot of First Contact?

The D plot :dong:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

MikeJF posted:

little 5-inch -D and it's cute

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

zoux posted:

The intention was to do that all the time, but I think it happened like twice. Once in Farpoint, once in BoBW2 (which, admittedly, was cool as poo poo)

Also in "The Arsenal of Freedom." Picard gets mad at Geordi for returning his ship in pieces. Worf gets mad at commanding the saucer.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

zoux posted:

Lol is that the one with the automated attack drones? Sounds like some poo poo they needed to split the saucer about.

I can't remember did they split it up in Generations because of tactics or emergency

It was because their butt asplode

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Rhyno posted:

Does Star Trek have an afterlife? How do they reconcile Tasha A already being there and then 20 years later Tasha B shows up.

Edit: Actually based on the time travel they might have shown up in Trek Heaven at roughly the same time but Tasha B has 20 years worth of life lived.

Jeremy Bearimy, baby!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Calling admirals by their first name is a long-established perk of being a captain, like when Picard notes, "Seems like you really wanna gently caress Commander Shelby, JP!"

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I hear the DQ is a good place for u kno what

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Those three episodes should have been edited down to and presented as a single, feature-length premiere.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Normally i would agree, but I get so much whiplash from scenes already not giving us any time to breathe before moving on that it would just make it worse

I mean, you'd have to lose some scenes and lengthen others, sure. Maybe I should've said edit the story down to two episodes, then adjust the pacing accordingly. They should've focused on Picard's journey away from Earth and gotten him on a ship at the end of the first episode. Then the camera can warp over to the cube and reveal Soji.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Oh by the way, my SO and I both laughed and went, "Straight up, Vasquez Rocks!" when that caption showed up. Good poo poo.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
please specify desired awesomeness of blossom

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

socialsecurity posted:

So a few people joking about sunglasses means they are morons?

No. It means we are all morons.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

He's not Dark Admiral Jean-Luc Hyperriker is he?

fixed

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I was glad the nuns came right out and stated that their policy was "tell, don't show," but I was disappointed that philosophy leaked out into the other characters. When the ex-Senator was orating, I kept wishing they'd shown and explored this distrust at Picard having scattered the Romulans across the galaxy, rather than just have the guy dump a page of exposition. And why wasn't he mad at his own drat government for dropping the ball? Ugh, just Nero-is-mad-at-Spock all over again.

I also wish all the Borg cube scenes had been condensed into a single episode, so I could've skipped it. Get out of here, creepy Romulan sister!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
They need to deepfake Majel Barrett's voice to deliver the "Last time on Star Trek Picard" lines. :colbert:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Counterpoint: Picard Season One is 40% over

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

large_gourd posted:

sounds like he's not really on board with the eye gouging stuff.

man that was a stupid thing to include. i didn't think about it when it was happening (was mostly just thinking 'ugh, gross'), but i was on the bubble going into this episode and that mutilation scene definitely contributed to me just being done with the show by the episode's end.

It was doubly stupid because they called back to it later in the episode. Why didn't they just wait to do this scene until Seven is flashing back to it while staring down Dr. Vajazzle? Instead of having her shout, "You killed him! You carved him up!" or whatever, just flash back to that scene as she's gearing up to double-barrel blow the doc away.

This series is just such a massive failure of storytelling. We just spent five episodes to find Bruce Maddox, who contributed nothing to the plot that the audience, at least, didn't already know. They should have cut all the Borg cube stuff from previous episodes and not even let us know Soji was out there until Maddox confirmed it.

Also, "Should we deal with our stowaway?" *wry smile* "Hey Raffi, you in there?" "GO AWAY!" *wry smile* What the gently caress was the point of calling that much attention to Raffi being back on board?

Also also, enough with the telling us stuff we already knew! We had multiple characters in this episode repeat the same line, three different ways, to a character who already knew the information!

Or how about this:
"Those aliens can smell when you're lying!"
Cut to: "Hi, I'm the alien you're looking for. I can smell when you're lying!"
Cut to: *zaps Rios with hypo* "Here, just in case you run into one of those aliens who can smell when you're lying. You know, like the specific guy you're trying to meet with." *doesn't zap Picard or Seven*
Cut to: "I'm not lying. How do I smell?"

I really hope a fan edit comes out that condenses this whole season into three hours or so, because :wtc:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Picard, to doctor who knows that Picard is dying: "I'm dying. My life is fading from my body. I shall die soon."
Doctor, who knows that Picard is dying: "I know that you are dying."

*cut to 14 years ago*

Picard: "I bet I will die in 14 years."

*cut back to present*

Picard: "I can't believe I predicted this, 14 years ago. That I'm dying, I mean."

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Anybody else suspecting that they put Riker and Troi in the trailer so we wouldn't give up on the series until, at least, they show up?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I meant, specifically, putting them in the trailer, then holding them until late in the season.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
GOB Bluth: "Michael"

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Gonz posted:

In the new Picard Countdown comic series, the post-Picard captain of the Enterprise E is Worf.

With a spoiler tag that size, there's only one character it could possibly be!

Captain Leland T. Lynch, Sir!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Hugh: "It'll take a few minutes for the room to power down."
Elnor: "I won't need a few minutes."
Hugh: "wtf you idiot that doesn't mean the same thing"

Also I was hoping all of Narek's secret names were also Narek, to make him Maximum Narek.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Organic Lube User posted:

I guess the next show will be an Enterprise spinoff, which I wouldn't hate.

As long as they don't center it around USS Challenger, which blows up halfway through the first season and is replaced with USS Endeavour.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Marina Sirtis absolutely killed it when Troi first asks Picard if he's okay, he says he's fine, and every emotion washes over Troi's face as she senses how he's actually feeling. It was so not-called-out that I'm willing to bet it was a choice Sirtis made that wasn't in the script. (If it had been in the script, Troi would've said, "As an empath, I can sense your true feelings, so I know that you're actually feeling…".)

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I liked how they shot the synth planet in post-fire-season California, with all the flame retardant all over the hills!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
At least the four-footer's nacelles aren't crooked!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

More of a character that sucked and wasted all my time in season 1? Coming Back?! OH HELL YeAH

I mean, the show is named after him, so

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
"Sanitize the entire planet!"
"Focus all fire on that settlement!"
"Obliteration pattern #5!"
"Ready weapons! On my mark!"

Just pick one, lady!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Picard follows his gaze and turns to see

Everything.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I've felt something similar before and yet I still rewatched Lost.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Cynic Jester posted:

Brain damage is a hell of a drug. Please tell me you mean the first season and not the entire thing.

Everything except for "Exposé," which I've never seen and never will. Even the one about Jack's loving tattoos. :suicide:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Who then kills himself irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
If you all are going to insist on putting a definite article before "La Sirena", at least use Spanish and make it "El La Sirena".