Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
I bought a mooncake once from the store. It was dry, crumbled in my mouth into a dust, and had no flavor.

Hence, China sucks. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018

bob dobbs is dead posted:

is it a shiny laboratory making mooncakes from a machine, excellently and properly filled with strange monstrosities of high (food) science? if no then its not gonna be good

These were mooncakes straight from China, but yeah, they were factory made. I'd imagine the shipping process from China to America didn't help the freshness either.

edit: also I look forward to Greg failure to meet his incredibly simple mod challenge at all. :yum:

god please help me fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jul 31, 2022

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Ha! Sure that works for me!

Gotta show proof you had it though. Don't have to doxx yourself but a photo with your username would suffice

Can I do Greg's mod challenge too for a new avatar as well? I Sadly don't have any delicious Taiwanese food near me, as I live in the rear end end of nowhere (proof that Zhong guo is superior), but I can write some stuff about China is better than America. In essence, I can do my best tankie posting.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018

tilp posted:

How big is Montana? Does anybody know?

It's more than two quarter pounders.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
What is the censored good essay about and why did WeChat censor it? lmao at the memes though.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
How could something so good be bad?

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
Where can I buy those masks from? I'm going to take a plane trip, and I know someone is going to share some rona with everyone on board.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018

Grand Fromage posted:

I just do a seal check by covering the cartridges with my palms, works fine.

You can get them on Amazon or any like DIY building supply store will have them. Lowe's, Home Depot, Menards, whatever.

If I were buying a new one I'd prob get the secureclick: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/respiratory-protection-us/products/secure-click-respirators/

Seems easier to deal with (the cartridges pull air from both sides for more comfortable breathing) plus it has a speaking diaphragm and built in seal check button. It's a bit more expensive, but if you're just using it for covid protection you don't have to swap the cartridges for a long time. They don't get gunked up like if it's protecting you against paint fumes or coal ash or whatever.

maxwellhill posted:

Counterfeit cartridges have been discovered on Amazon, and even official sellers have their products binned together with others at the Amazon warehouse. It's much better and equally cheap to use the websites of big 3M wholesalers such as Zoro.com, Grainger.com, Maxwell Products, etc.

Start with a model like a 3M 7502 (7501 if your face is very small, 7503 if it's enormous). Being silicone makes it only a couple bucks extra and it will seal airtight much more reliably, more comfortably, and not prone to the rubber changing over time.

So again, 7500 series mask (30 bucks or so), 7093 series cartridges (each pair can be reused daily for months), and some glasses since your eyes have ACE2 receptors as well.

e: I recommend this mask over the 3M's "secure click" model above, because this is far lighter for neck muscle strain, also silicone, fits sane common standard cartridges unlike the secure click, and also the secure click's speech diaphragm is very underwhelming in its benefits, projecting sound that's barely higher quality than this, or not even better than a lovely GVS ellipse respirator which has no diaphragm.

edit 2: If anyone wants a 20% off coupon code for Zoro.com you can have one: NW120BK641L1

\/\/ No don't do that lol, just yell

Thank you all for the mask advice, folks. :) If glasses are recommended to block out ACE2 receptors as well, does that mean that I would need to purchase bulky, old-school lab goggles or like regular work zone safety goggles that look like sunglasses? I'd hate to look way too overprotected, but if it blocks COVID infection...

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
Bare nipples are an offense to Confucius.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
Wait, why is after-school tutoring not a thing anymore? It's been a couple of years since I've been in the game, but isn't tutoring one of the most lucrative jobs you can get in Asia (as a foreigner)?

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
This is absolutely wild to me hearing that an entire industry got shut down, and for really dumb reasons that are aimed at keeping kids from getting any source of information that is not highly doctrinal. Goddamn, I hate Xi Jinping and fascism so much.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
Just letting you folks know that if you eat too much soursop or nibble on the seeds, you're going to get parkinson's.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
You must consume.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
Lmao that Second Life played it smart by turning down Zuck money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
There's not a single tree in that video.