Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Looks like COMMUNISM if you ask me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

ili posted:

If you're unlucky enough to be in Korea the best place to go is Incheon Intl Airport, doesn't matter where you head from there it's still bound to be an upgrade.

True though

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

eanasired?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Made in Taiwan

Oh, they got this all screwed up.

Made in Taiwan, China

Oops, shouldn't not have this Democracy logo here either.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

A great country is one where posting someone’s ID card gets you 14 years in jail

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/601158298875592716/1137497715249528853/VID_119480811_174819_340.mp4

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Grand Fromage posted:

The economy can't collapse if you ban everyone from publishing economic data. :eng101:

*stares blankly at you, slightly confused expression* That's not what's happening.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

China with the extremely well-timed decision on something from 2011

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Coolguye posted:

japan has been storing the water for those 10 years and only yesterday started to release it into the ocean, since you can't hold like 500 million gallons or whatever the hell it was forever

literally every legitimate authority says it's safe and the UN nuclear watchdogs go a step further and note that the background radiation in the ocean is no worse than what they're releasing

but china doesn't let these sorts of things get in their way.

I mean radioactive water has been pumped into the ocean since 2011, and even before iirc. This is just some of the stored stuff, it's not really any different than the previous dozen years.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The guy is definitely a Karen but it also kind of begs the question of "why did he need to do this" with the sign unless it's a sort of passive aggressive "stay out, Chinese people" kind of thing.

The fact that the owner looks like a Jojo character probably doesn't help his case there either

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Yeah I know about that, I'm just saying this business owner *might* be using the recent news as a green light to basically tell Chinese patrons that they aren't welcome. One figures that they would already know at this point, so specifically mentioning it seems sort of sus, with a side of plausible deniability.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Seafood is massively overrated across the board anyways, real men eat nothing but fried chicken and steaks, don't @ me

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol banned for thought crime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cypSf9vCxRU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I want to know what the response, or lack thereof, of the "dictator" comments are.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I don't get Blinken would grimace at a comment like that. Probably like 90% of Americans agree he's a dictator, saying so is a winning position, at least for realpolitik. It being buried on foxnews.com is probably a telling sign of that.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Well, don't talk about it on reddit, I've been "permanently banned from posting threads or commenting" in a whole bunch of subs recently for mocking Xi.

loving tankies are so thin skinned they have bots searching out the entirety of reddit for any bad speak against Xi and China.

e: seriously, though, why are cheer squads always so loving humourless?

I can only imagine that /r/Sino would ban you for that. /r/Politics probably wouldn't.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Megillah Gorilla posted:

And back to our regular scheduled programming

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

It’s not that I don’t like hot pot it’s just that I have no interest in it when there’s like dozens of better options to the point that I never would go out of my way to seek it out it over many better meals

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Shumagorath posted:

Forest City: Inside Malaysia's Chinese-built 'ghost city' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67610677

Does anyone own beltandroadisgoinggreat dot com

Real talk I'd love to live somewhere like that, other people suck rear end

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

China is really really good at slow motion cleansing and genocide, so that tracks

It's just waiting for the right amount of loyalist politicians to seep into power to fully annex HK

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Wonton posted:

Jesus loving Christ are you sure?

What’s wrong with local heritage :(

It doesn't sufficiently praise Xi Jinping Thought as being objectively correct

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Wonton posted:

Do what Singapore and Hong Kong did.

Solve crime

Just don't look too deeply at this one though

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

China solved housing, in about 50 years or so when prices are rock bottom for the apartment blocks that haven’t collapsed from disuse and lack of upkeep

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The US is the reason that china sucks loving rear end! lol!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Mr. Nice! posted:

The USA has been the bad guy in most ways historically.

It's more like X-Men, there's not just one The Bad Guy

The USA is Blob, China is Mister Sinister, etc

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The foreigner expat tier list goes

Weird: Anime virgins living in Japan
Weirder: K-pop stalkers living in Korea
Weirdest: Unpaid Chinese government propagandists because America is the great Satan

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol what a joke of a country and so is anyone who stans for it

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

This is just the central committee making sure everyone has equal access to rocket boosters in their village like Marx would have wanted

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Is that the guy who went around beating the poo poo out of traditional martials arts guys until the CCP made him a persona non grata

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Is the Xu Xiaodong guy doing anything like saying "China needs to be new and move on from mysticism" or anything? Because that'd seem like the PR angle you wanna take for making traditional Chinese poo poo look foolish

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I’ve heard nothing but really good tings about Vietnam.

Just gonna quote the wiki but "Vietnam has high levels of corruption, censorship, environmental issues and a poor human rights record; the country ranks among the lowest in international measurements of civil liberties, freedom of the press, and freedom of religion and ethnic minorities."

All of which the people I met from Vietnam who moved abroad were more than happy to corroborate. One party states suck mega rear end universally.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Big rear end On Fire posted:

Top tier article on Taiwan's political history and upcoming election.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-67920287

Almost as if Taiwan is historically and geographically it's own country and should be recognized as such, considering it's completely separate politics, language, food, art, culture, and even genetically etc. and the "Republic of China" concept should just be ditched as an outdated and unneeded idea

Stop the hoopla already

Toxic Mental fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jan 10, 2024

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Honestly Taiwan would be smart to just stay mum and wait for a chance when the CCP is experiencing historic weakness in the form of some kind of massive government overhaul or upending completely.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Cactus Ghost posted:

nah i'd be surprised if taiwan ever declares independence. the PRC is (it seems to me, a layperson and dumbass) the only one with potential motivations to break the status quo. from taiwan's perspective they can keep on trucking forever like this

One China policy... but which is the "One" true China??? :clint: We might never tell you....~~~

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

It's actually kind of genius

"There's one China here, and one China here, 12 monkeys over here, 12 monkeys over there"

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Kevin DuBrow posted:

The charge was picking quarrels and provoking trouble, an infamous criminal offense in China that is somehow popular with activists, journalists and criminal defense lawyers:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picking_quarrels_and_provoking_trouble

lol I remember some dickhead CCP-loving goon said on some discord that "ackshully china has tons of protests, even more than we do, especially trade union ones!" which sounded alright until you learned that basically all the "protests" 1. had to be approved by the local and/or regional government and 2. were only allowed if they were pro-CCP causes and 3. were basically 50 Cent Army gatherings

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

peanut posted:

Those are "rallies" not "protests"

Never let the truth get in the way of a good dystopia

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

To be fair, when told that he should gently caress off to China if he loves it so much, that guy said "I'd be happy to, at least I could get my [antipsychotic] meds there for free at least"

So, you know.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

BrainDance posted:

Would he, though?

Since when are antipsychotics free in China? Psychiatric medicines especially are the "still gonna be expensive, good luck getting it easily" meds of China. I take a certain antidepressant off label for chronic insomnia and it's not any cheaper here than America.

I mean the guy is literally an off-meds terminally online tankie somethingawful.com poster. You can basically expect them to be the biggest moron possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

free hubcaps posted:

Tankies who go to bat for modern China, one of the most capitalist economies in the world, are especially dumb

But then why is it called the Chinese Communist Party, smart guy?

Klyith posted:

Welp, Taiwan elected the wrong candidate. Time to scramble the jets and ships to do even more "I'm not touching you!" incursions across the straight, maybe launch a few ICBM tests directly over their heads. Enlighten them on how they made the incorrect decision. It was their choice to escalate the situation.

That's how you make someone want to come back to you, right? Threats of violence. Baby why do you make me hurt you.

Rigged and Stollen