Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

If a young trans person is qualified to interview her secretary of education then she should just hire that person instead of using that person as a rubber stamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

oxsnard posted:

Jason Johnson from the Root is melting down already. He's mad that Nina Turner called Bloomberg and oligarch

Boy, there are some loving takes on Twitter about Nina Turner right now.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Chris Matthews is just ranting and raving right now about much Iowa sucks

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Nonsense posted:

This is what they're going to run with by the way.

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1224562105480892417?s=20

"We hosed up royally and it's your fault for asking for anything more than the bare minimum!"

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

It appears as if Biden cratering benefitted Buttigieg since he was able to soak up so many of his votes in the second round. I'm slightly disappointed that Bernie did not run away with it in Iowa but not discouraged, not having a clear centrist choice is actually a best case scenario for him moving into the next three primaries.

Biden cratering early seems good, because Pete ought to do jack poo poo in Nevada.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

FlamingLiberal posted:

Can we talk about how bad this is for Biden, because goddamn

I’m also hopeful that people will stop talking about The Klobb after today but I’m usually wrong

Yes, God, please. If I have to read one more tract on the merits of accelerationism I'm going to scream.

Biden is turbofucked. No matter how this shakes out he has vastly underperformed his supposed frontrunner status and the momentum from his name recognition is gonna run out quick.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

Trump is a symptom. You do not treat a symptom.

Yes you loving do. You just don't treat them exclusively.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

SkyLander posted:

I'm in Nevada and I just got my first Biden flyer today. I've been getting Steyer flyers for months now. Just 1 person I know just find it odd since the Caucus is next week I haven't gotten much from anybody else.

As another data point: I'm also in Nevada, and I've not seen a single political canvasser here except Bernie folks, who have come around three times until I finally had a free hand sign off on an early voting pledge. The only other political poo poo I've seen is one mailer and a poo poo ton of commercials on my streaming apps for Steyer.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Just got back from early caucus voting for Bernie. Jesus loving Christ, three hours in a line and a good 30 minutes of that was being next in line but watching people loving with iPads in confusion.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

theflyingorc posted:

That's not what is happening at all

Trump fired a guy because he said in a meeting "Russia is trying to help you win this election"

Maybe they meant "Bernie is going to win, time for Russia to start trying to save Trump from being crushed in November".

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Dad Jokes posted:

Can't for tomorrow's hot Nevada pundit takes of "Why Nevada sucks and is poo poo"

This, as a Nevada resident, is the coldest take possible.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

This post's pretty good. :ocelot:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

It's loving pouring outside here in Vegas, more than I've seen it since like early December. Hell of a thing.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

smoobles posted:

Yeah I am holed up in Bellagio. I wasn't aware it rained here. Nobody sells umbrellas, which reinforces my previous opinion.

Februrary and January tend to be the wettest months, which isn't saying much-- feels like rain this heavy usually happens around December, though.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

When you're looking at entrance polling numbers, don't forget that a poo poo ton of people have already voted in Nevada via early voting. At least at the caucus site I went to, the turnout was pretty young and diverse.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

:abrathink: It's almost like Bernie wins.. everything?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Supercar Gautier posted:

God drat he is shook. Fully bought into the putin conspiracy nonsense.

Yeah, for anyone not watching MSNBC James Carville is basically ranting that Putin is cackling about Bernie winning right now.

Get this ghoul off the camera.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Joy Reid just laid it out perfectly on MSNBC. Millenials and Gen Y are pissed and want to tear everything down because everything is against them, they will not stop until Bernie is the nominee, and everyone else has underestimated their rage greatly.

They're learning.

Edit: Maybe not just, I just noticed my stream is behind.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

sexpig by night posted:

'we've completely wrecked the country and now the people inheriting it are in a position to oust us...and they're passionate? AW poo poo WHO WOULDA THUNK?!'

Honestly, I was shocked that she was so self-aware as to realize Gen-X are right up there with the Boomers on the "gently caress You" list.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

https://twitter.com/mooncult/status/1231346127951187968

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Lmao at Chris Matthews busting in on Brian Williams trying to throw to commercial to annoint Pete winner with a commanding possible second place finish.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

And now Chris is demanding that Bernie explain his association with left wing regimes around the world, holy Jesus.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Lmao at the state Democratic party releasing the vast, empty hellscape that is northern Nevada first.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

CubanMissile posted:

Reno isn’t so bad! And we vote correctly!

Reno doesn't count, it's basically fine. I mean the vast empty to the east.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Why is anyone giving Klob airtime right now.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

WatermelonGun posted:

true but everyone who lives at the lake is trash. gently caress incline.

It's Nevada. This state is trash, it is built on robbing idiot tourists and locals with gambling addictions, and we're all trash for not setting every slot and video poker machine up at the test site and nuking them.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Ms Adequate posted:

I have fallen prey to the most atrocious of bamboozles :negative:

You fool, you fell victim to one of the classic blunders.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Pollyanna posted:

go bernboy

Don't tip ActBlue, but good job.

To think, I thought I couldn't hate Judge Judy more than I did just prior to this moment.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

The Pete people on his reddit are extremely earnest and painfully polite, I must say. It’s a thousand college democrats in their blazers and ties.

Hopefully that means they'll get in line when Bernie wins.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Yeah, uh, what? Self-hating is one thing, leaping from that to the other two is a hell of a thing.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Shbobdb posted:

People who are confused and hate what they are externalize those feelings, film at 11. Coupled with toxic masculinity, for extra toxicity.

So your stated position is.. most trans people you know are or were hypersexual predators, because of toxic masculinity? Help me out here.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Shbobdb posted:

I apologize if there was any confusion. I made a point of condemning the rapists. Let me do that again in no uncertain terms: rapists are bad.

The problem is your idea, and then doubling down on this idea, that there is a direct line between being trans and having a "phase" where you are a rapist.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Cpt_Obvious posted:

They. Will. KNEEL.

God I wish another meme had caught on re: people coming around to the inevitability of Bernie.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Noise Complaint posted:

oh god getting lowered back into my local ultra left queer local news reporting how weird the dem primary was and on eliminating animal cruelty and eating the rich is so nice after that

Where do you live that has local news like that, because I want to live there too.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Sampatrick posted:

Pete is actually completely done as a candidate after that lmao

He was done after New Hampshire, when the primaries began to move to states not comprised entirely of voters who are whiter than a crisp new sheet of printer paper.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I put on an audio feed of MSNBC for my nightly walk and, y'all, James Carville is so loving dumb. Jesus Christ.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Majorian posted:

Oh my lord, what's he saying now?

Some garbage about how actually every poll Bernie ever cited was useless and everyone knows it but his supporters are a cult, or something like that. I switched over to CNN in disgust because it was that bad and proceeded about the business of bleaching that memory.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Grape posted:

Teflon.... he's become a Teflon Candidate. It has reached beyond damage and weakness, masses of masses of people just don't give a gently caress and want him....
Mother of god :stonk:

The Teflon San(ders).

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Punkin Spunkin posted:

None of this will matter tuesday anyway. No news here, just "old people dont like bernie"

Feels like this is the correct take away. Bernie is going to walk away with it in three days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

evilweasel posted:

yeah but what on earth can the pitch even be and how does it manage to deal with "but seriously, look at what this ad is trying to sell you on"

i guess we have this data point to use when people say advertising doesn't work: by running enough ads you can get 10% of the population in what everyone agrees is one of the most important primaries of their lives to vote for a candidate who makes no sense and has no chance

Anyone who says advertising doesn't work is an idiot. Advertising does work, it just doesn't work miracles.