Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Squizzle posted:

hard to believe that a dutchman could wildly overvalue something but here we are, w oliwan acting like anyone cares about their goofy language

also difficult to imagine anyone dutch trying to set up shop somewhere they arent wanted or liked, but theres oliwan again, here itt (in this thread)

and who could ever believe that anyone dutch would act like someones worth and fate were already set when they were born, unalterable thence—but heres oliwan, treating someone like poo poo for being an immigrant!!!

No True Dutchman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Outrail posted:

If I can derail Dutch chat for a British question : How much is brexit going to effect the average pom? Will they need passports to go yo Europe? Any tax/income drop that's likely? Will they be able to buy baguettes and soft cheese?

This is all still up in the air really, and will be negotiated in the following months/years.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

An insane mind posted:

This is the Dutch thread now, if you want to ask questions about Brexit do that in a separate thread where you don't have to conform to EU standards.

This is now the thread to hang our heads at how dumb it is that the country that had its image of relative tolerance completely shattered by a stupid idiot with a ridiculous hairdo and a pretend intellectual.

Imo the image was just that, an image. The racism and xenofobia has always been there.

Also, tolerance is not acceptance, which seems obvious but imo if you're only tolerant and not accepting, there can never be true integration.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

twoday posted:

The Dutch later explained that the queues were due to training new border personnel, and that it was unrelated to Brexit

Yeah I know that line, you can even see the union jack hastily added to the EU and swiss flags that were there before.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Also also the picture is from the automatic lines that have the facial recognition machines. There aren't even human border guards involved there (usually anyway)

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

:yeshaha:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Alan_Shore posted:

Don't blame me, I voted for Corbyn! More like Cor, I bet he'd have dug us out of this mess right quick!

More like Cor, me country is in the bin

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Cerv posted:

when that article says “last year’s general election” it means the 2017 one, not Dec 2019

your twitter friend’s reposted an article from July 2018

Mate

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

how could anyone hate this sweet wholesome track suited jam man

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1255947034894483458

Is he doing the "bring out your dead" monty python bit?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Torpor posted:

has anyone called him Der Starmer, yet?

edit: I guess his wife and kids are Jewish so that may go over badly but I thought it was a cute pun. :mad:

That's smart, he's shielded against any allegations of antisemitism

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Boy these UK politics sure are interesting huh

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I just finished watching Betaal on Netflix, can someone in the thread confirm or deny that British people look like this irl:

Is there a shot of them smiling? That's usually a dead giveaway.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

We'll know when the second wave hits in the fall/winter. Then we'll also hopefully have a lot of trials ready to go for therapeutics and other things, because the ones that are running now are fighting over subjects. One small downside of having flattened the curve I suppose.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Hoo boy the Portugese are still misty eyed about their "age of discoveries" nope no racism or slavery here move along.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

oliwan posted:

Ah, so the same as in the Netherlands then, the country that celebrated its "Golden Century" above everything else and where racism doesn't exist.

also don't forget that the Dutch king has a literal golden carriage with proud descriptions of slavery on it that he gets to ride in public once a year and that's all fine.

You'll get no argument from me there.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well, what do you expect? it is the only beach in the uk with sand instead of depressing gray gravel abutting depressing gray water under a depressing gray sky. this is normal British behaviour only they haven't all spread out over the Spanish beaches this year.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Zoran posted:

I lament for what will happen in the US once we're not king of the world anymore

"anymore"

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It's rather fascinating how uninformed the British electorate really is, and how some misty eyed nostalgia for reclaiming the greatness of a period that none of them have lived through (the war) informs their decisions. I suppose living in the past reminiscing about some great empire they were never a part of gives some comfort while waiting to die in a dimly lit hallway of a severely underfunded hospital in a town devastated by unemployment caused by the loss of manufacturing jobs that went overseas in the Thatcher era.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

He certainly looks like a typical neoliberal imperialist. That smug face doesn't inspire solidarity.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The Man Who Knew Too Little

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Egg Moron posted:

i just thought this was funny is all

He looks like that one meme picture of the crying cat.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Lol Bloomberg

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Ahahahah how is this joke of a country even real?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jarf posted:

Like somebody said in the replies. What even is right wing comedy?

Mocking the poor and disadvantaged?

"lad" comedy like that guy who jokes about rape

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Pretty standard tradwife "cooking"

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

bitterandtwisted posted:

Leaded petrol wasn't banned in the UK until the year 2000 when the EU forced us to.

British Leyland engines would just explode without it.

Moreso than usual I mean.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jarf posted:

Hahaha! Margaret Thatcher in a tube top, miniskirt and stilletos awkwardly posing next to the other spice girls.

"My girlfriends call me Salt" :wink:

Thanks I didn't need an erection for the next three decades anyway.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

So what you're saying is that the Brits want apartheid from the eu?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Dreylad posted:

i claim the kingdom of fife

I would like to open negotiations for exclusive rights to all the whisky in said kingdom.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Regarde Aduck posted:

It's the downside of being earnest and sincere.

The expectation is people generally don't want to be disliked. When you get broken people like pissflaps it goes to poo poo because he was some kind of negative-attention demon. An unstoppable force that wanted people to figuratively and literally throw him down a piss well.

Then it turned out he was a genuine transphobe and it was less funny.

You only need to cross-reference the UKMT with the football subforum to know which ones are horrible racists. Like pissflaps.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

https://twitter.com/DarranMarshall/status/1325146584284323841?s=19

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Better take another look at those good friday accords lads

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

So that's what happened to Anakin.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Nonsense posted:

why dont the dutch just make weed illegal again, all they do is poo poo on it and say it sucks. then gently caress off

Because Amsterdam's economy is stagdo-based.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Sounds like Amsterdam is just too powerful for your weak-chinned English constitutions.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

redleader posted:

i'm reasonably sure that this is a joke the dutch play on outsiders (like the one germans play by pretending an entire city of theirs doesn't exist), but i've heard this from enough places to not be sure

The Germans are on a next level because they make you bring your own kitchen oftentimes.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Bifa deez nuts ahahahah

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

We must be protected from the terrible secret of brexit.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

That's just the way she goes bud, the way of the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Lads I think this new strain is a load of crap tbh.