Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Having a monarchy and not being a member of the EU seems to work out for Norway, so I think Brexit should just be louder and angrier. And every time Prince Andrew is not in frame, everybody should ask "Where's Prince Andrew?".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

hakimashou posted:

If labour is gonna win the next election they gotta studiously avoid falling into the scotland trap, or the next election will just be a shitshow about labour trying to break up the UK.

If you feel bad about having to turn on scotland remember that all this is actually all their fault. If they had voted for independence it would have destroyed cameron and the tories and there wouldnt have been a brexit.

Poor little England, dragged out of the EU by the perfidious Highland barbarians. :-(

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I grew up in a city with a few thousand Brits due to military bases. I have never met anyBrit who spoke any language other than English.

In fact, that's probably the easiest way to distinguish American from Britisih tourists. Americans usually attempt to pepper in at least a few non-English words.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

oliwan posted:

feel free to show a dutch post of mine that is in any way right

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

quote:

In 2016, the Supreme Court ruled the rule had been wrongly interpreted for 30 years, resulting in people being convicted of a murder they did not intend or commit.

:staredog:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Maybe putting Prince Andrew in charge of digital outreach was the wrong move.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Heavy_D posted:

this is strange to us in UK - teachers are paid more in London than elsewhere because living costs are higher in the capital. what gives?

Berlin is different than other European capitals and teacher remuneration is state dependant. Also, in Berlin teachers are public employees while in other German states they are "Beamte", which has a lot of knock-on effects with regard to remuneration.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

oliwan posted:

hm, their history suggests otherwise op

There are British people who aren't English,

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Robo Reagan posted:

with all the whiplash im getting from the uks strategy i expect theyll be worshiping the virus by next week

It's all over once the mace is infected.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Good thing he was already at the hospital when his symptoms worsened.

Imagine if he hadn't by chance been there for some routine tests already. :ohdear:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Naming Pericles as his idol does not seem like a smart idea now, does it?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

oliwan posted:

some quality journalism from the guardian for you to enjoy this fine saturday:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/14/britons-in-france-react-to-new-quarantine-rules

quote:

It’s slightly frustrating as many regions in France have had relatively low numbers of new cases compared to the UK. The short notice can’t be helped but the confusing message from the government has meant people have continued to go on holiday abroad.

:thunk:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
My head canon is that Cummings knows and spoke aloud the true number of children sired by Johnson and has this been ousted for revealing the one secret that may not be leaked.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
IIRC three major Jewish newspapers as well as the Board of Deputies of British Jews (which seems to be the major Jewish representative organisation in the UK) came out publically in calling Jeremy Corbyn out as anti-semitic.

That probably helped convince a lot of people.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Levelling up across the country would probably go faster if they hadn't selected the "Bad Deal Brexit" challenge mode.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

oliwan posted:

I'm also dutch btw, maybe you want to talk about good Dutch chocolate that is very cspam too?

Do they have another brand name outside the Netherlands (similar to how Pocky isn't Pocky in some countries)?

Because I remember buying something with the same overall design and colours, but I am pretty sure it wasn't called Tony's Chocolonely.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Mogg isn’t even a proper boomer and is young enough that I look forward to him and his spawn being MPs at the same time.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

oliwan posted:

Literally everything about consumer banking in Germany sucks and is laughably outdated. It's honestly baffling, and you can't really experience how bad it is unless you've previously lived somewhere else and then move here, like I did.

Like, mobile banking apps are JUST NOW getting decent. People still use those paper slips to make transfers. You have to PRINT OUT your account history because it only goes back digitally about 6 months. There are still account plans that make you pay for every transfer. There are now "free" accounts which CHARGE YOU TO TAKE OUT MONEY after like the 3rd time a month.

In fact, YOU PAY 5 EUROS EVERY TIME YOU WANT TO TAKE OUT CASH FROM AN ATM THAT DOESN'T BELONG TO YOUR BANK.

I could go on. It's bad.

Sounds like you made an extremely bad choice when picking your original bank, because Germany is littered with ATMs of Genossenschaftsbanken and Sparkassen respectively, so you should never be in a position where you actually have to take money from a out-of-network ATM. And that is before other fee-free ATMs or stuff like getting your money at the supermarket.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Jel Shaker posted:

the royals literally have nothing better to do with their time than just slum it occasionally for some charity do every now and then

i like how prince andrew was the trade envoy for ages, with people making snide remarks how he wasn’t really qualified for such a task. well little did we know what he was probably doing for queen and country

Please do not disrespect Prince Andrew. He is a war hero that has seen so much combat that his bady hardened body has become unable to sweat.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Made at least one tool himself, though. :dadjoke:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
How can there be three national teams if there is only one strong British nation? :thunk:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
https://twitter.com/FranchiSeedsUK/status/1416679087452610560

There will be adequate fiber.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Pounded in the poll by the embodiement of a progressive answer to the need for national self-belief and civic pride

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
England clearly is the Bad Rats of countries.

A barely functioning messy cash-grab that can only provide enjoyment through it being ironically watched as a train wreck by goons.

Also it should have been buried and forgotten at least five years ago.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Oddly enough the British press isn't reporting this as much as it should, but the United Kingdom and the BBC jointly made it to this year's Simon Wiesenthal Center Global Anti-Semitism Top Ten 2021 even without Jeremy Corbyn. Right behind Iran and Hamas even.

https://www.wiesenthal.com/assets/pdf/global_anti-semitism_2021_top_ten.pdf (Link goes to a PDF)

I'm sure Keir Starmer will take notice of this any minute now.

Randler has issued a correction as of 18:23 on Dec 29, 2021

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

euphronius posted:

a national party whose number one stated priority is security. huh

And right after that the right to live and thrive in places. :thunk:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
The org running the European Court of Human Rights is technically a separate organization from the EU with different members (including up until recently Russia) and rules despite the extremely confusing naming.

edit: beaten thoroughly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Fists Up posted:

I read on twitter it only applies if you are PM for 8 weeks or longer. lol.

Maybe that timer only stops once a successor has been formally appointed by the King, so she might still get. Although her missing it by like one day would be a good closing content for the truss fire.