Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Would anyone like a Steam key for Okami? I already have it and I'm not interested in the other two Humble Choice games this month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Uh anyone want a free key for Okami on Steam? Or does everyone already have it?? It's a good game!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

i mean i'd take it but i have like 5 unplayed games on my current to do list as it is so it would just be completely wasted if it was given to me give it to someone else

sure, not exactly getting blown away with requests rn though

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I've never managed to finish one of the Arkham games, they all start to feel a bit samey after a while and I lose interest :( same thing with any modern Unisoft game.

Arkham City was good though

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Weedle posted:

oh sweet. wish they'd put it on something i have though

You can emulate it through PCSX2 on PC at least. Or get the PS3 version?

Edit: https://twitter.com/GenePark/status/1226209560785977344

Convex fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 9, 2020

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

a glitch posted:

I'm playing through the Resident Evil games and I just finished 7! I think I preferred it over 4 but they're so different it's hard to compare them.

Next up is REmake, does anyone know if the PC port of that was any good? There's a review on Steam that mentions a slowdown bug, but that's from 2015.

Check the fixes on here - https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Resident_Evil_HD_Remaster

Given your machine seems to run 7 I doubt you'll have issues with the slowdown thing as that was for slower GPUs at the time the HD version release (e.g. GTX 500 series and older). The HD backgrounds pack there is great though, and you'll also want the music fix as some of the background tracks are at the wrong pitch and speed for some reason.

Also grab the mod manager when you've finished!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm1n2X7Xe-I

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I like Sonic Mania and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. Both are very fun and the second has the bonus of being fully playable in split screen even in career mode, so I can try to unlock stuff while my son aimlessly drives the wrong way and falls off cliffs :v:

Other games, where Sonic talks, are strange and unusual and I don't very much care for them

also I have a feeling I may have made this exact post previously in one of these threads

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Is final fantasy 12 any good? I liked what I played of xenoblade on the Wii and it seems to have the same combat system.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Hmm ok. As someone that enjoys making excel macros it seems like something I might enjoy in a strange way :v:

Weird to think that I've only ever finished two jrpgs in my life, chrono trigger and the first mario & Luigi.

Also just realised my phone automatically capitalises Luigi but not mario :tinfoil:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

:stonk:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I want a Waluigi movie with F. Murray Abraham

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I love that story about Miyamoto visiting Rare and being aghast at the realistic looking shotgun the DK64 devs had put in as a placeholder, then quickly inventing a coconut launcher or something by scribbling it on a scrap of paper

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I unlocked the last remaining elusive target suit in Hitman 2 today and then uninstalled it. I'm finally free :toot:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
RE6 is terrible in campaign mode but Mercenaries is loving incredible, especially on PC when you can aim super fast with M+KB.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Hey, someone name a video game, if it’s on pc or switch I’ll buy it and play it

Distance

It's loving great, esp if you are "under the influence"

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if there's ever been a video game.

Atmosfear came with a VHS tape. I was terrified of it and thought the man in the TV was real :stonk:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

precision posted:

My date is in 30 minutes oh god what do I wear :ohdear:

Hang a big flava flav clock around your neck with all the hours replaced with 'horny'

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I played so much Yakuza and Trials this weekend and then tried everybody's gone to the rapture and that was kinda neat waking around a quaint English village but it was not fun and the story wasn't compelling.

There's a run button if that helps

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Are there any other time management games which feature events on the level of a helicopter crash and a major character dying, because Heart's Medicine: Time to Heal hosed me up

Does Dead Rising count? Certainly a lot of ways to gently caress up there

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Prey letting you break down every single inventory item into crafting materials that you can then 3D print into any other item is loving genius. Once again goes to show that the more agency you can give the player to play the way they want the better.

I've been breaking everything down to make as many neuromods as possible. MUST SHOVE NEEDLES INTO FACE!

I really like when the 3D printer stops letting you print neuromods because someone put lovely DRM on the template. Ironically enough the game itself still has Denuvo DRM even though other Bethesda games had it removed ages back :(

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
loving hell this is a great deal (found link on resetera)

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/killer-bundle-12

King of Fighters 14 (base game)
The Surge (base game)
Atari Vault
Sherlock Holmes & The Devil's Daughter
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
SNK 40th ann. collection

£3.49!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

someone talked me into getting the division 2 for $3 already this weekend so my quota for "paying even a small amount of money for a game i never actually intend to play" has been filled for this month already

Yes but some of these games are actually good

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

ps2 games with a 69 metacritic

Kya: Dark Lineage
Clock Tower 3
Oni
The Matrix: Path of Neo
Haven: Call of the King
Mega Man X: Command Mission
Wild Arms 4
Shining Force Neo
Thrillville
.hack//GU
Mana Khemia
Herdy Gerdy
Dynasty Warriors 5

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

i'm 33 and jerking off is still one of my main areas of interest

what is this "jerking off" of which you speak

(asking for a friend)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
CEX is good for cheap PS3 and Wii games but I have more than enough of those already. It's also good for children's DVDs as gently caress the digital prices for Disney movies these days

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Apparently naming the game "Sid Meier's Civilization" was Robin Williams' idea! It's a shame he's dead :smith:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Speaking of jobs (and there has been tons of good advice in this thread about not being exploited) I am going back to school to learn a new profession and switch careers to counselling. I am doing the part time learning because I do still have to work to support myself but hopefully I will have a more rewarding future waiting for me once I have finished! :)

Good luck! It will be very rewarding to finish your studies and have a job you enjoy.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Mortal Kombat is still the best videogame movie, I don't care what anyone says

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0vhGEGJC8g

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Getting surgery next Friday to have 6 teeth removed because humans are a nightmare zone where you can just grow wrong sometimes :suicide:

Thankfully the Dr is gonna give me The Good Kush, cause I sure as gently caress do not want to be awake for this bullshit

Sorry to hear that. If you get some good painkillers then hopefully you can at least enjoy some gaming time in peace while you recover!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

i’ve come to make an announcement, sonic mania encore mode is a bitch rear end mother fucker

I'm not up on lingo, is this good or bad

Edit: ah, just saw your other post

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Songbearer posted:

The wife has only played videogames in the time we've been together and watching her evolve from slowly grinding her character against a stairwell in Life Is Strange and refusing to explore because Max said she had to go somewhere, to firing and using cover while moving in Bioshock and being able to hold off crowds by herself is a real :3: moment

She says she doesn't want to play open world games because having so many options is overwhelming to her but I think she doesn't actually realise that most of them have stories to follow anyway. I think I'm gonna convince her to play GTA5 when she's done with Bioshock for these reasons:

The game has crazy generous autoaim with a controller

The vehicle handling is simple enough that it won't overwhelm her

The tone of the game is farcical and has three different characters to play

There is a Dog

Are there any other open world games that might be a good introduction for someone new to that genre?

GTA V is also genuinely mean spirited and the cops are ridiculously unfun. Sleeping Dogs would be a much better one imo as the world is more focused and the story has a very cool hook to it.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

well stux beat me to the good joke so i'll just list out what i've got on my plate instead:
-finish ace combat 7 (last 4 or so missions?)
-finish witcher 3 (basically all of blood and wine)
-disco elysium
-devil may cry 5
-hollow knight (boss rush dlc stuff)
-okami (thanks again to Convex)
-division 2 (not super interested but a friend had me pick it up for $3 because he wants to play it)
-deep rock galactic (see above but replace friend with sister and brother in law)
-dead cells
-hades
-doom eternal soon stalker
-technically celeste but i'd have to install epic games launcher to play it
-see also wolfenstein youngblood but bethesda launcher instead

that's about all i can think of off the top of my head

You can uninstall epic launcher once you've installed Celeste as the game doesn't have DRM :)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Today I played Sonic Adventure for an hour. I do not think it is very good.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Disposable Scud posted:

2003, with The Getaway and True Crime, really showed that open world games should be fictional and not xerox'd real world cities.

I really enjoyed exploring in both those games. The Getaway in particular was really impressive at the time, albeit not as good as the initial magazine previews. It's not a very fun game to replay these days though.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

John Murdoch posted:

Still playing Dark Souls!!!

I decided to move my very important progress updates over to the actual thread, but I will repeat here: gently caress Blighttown. The idea that back in the day you had to suffer all of its bullshit while the framerate died on top of that is horrifying to think about.

I didn't so much explore as tediously, slowly blunder my way down to Quelaag. Then spent vastly more time trying to GTFO because I kept getting owned by the gauntlet of club assholes at the top of the escape route.

If you don't already have the ring that lets you run in water then you should probably grab it or you're gonna have a bad time!

edit: also don't forget to kill the ninja guy down there to get the cool backflip ring, it's really good if you have an unencumbered build as you get loads of i-frames when rolling

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Strom Cuzewon posted:

What are some good "proper" Metroidvanias? Stuff like Hollow Knight or Axiom Verge where you actually have to explore and figure out how to find secrets. Most of the supposed metroidvanias on steam are too hand holdy and linear, they're just platformers that occasionally give you a movement ability of have a Chozo-statue easter egg.

Shadow Complex is great fun, although it's also written by Orson Scott Card so features rabid left wing terrorists. The main story begins with your girlfriend getting captured and you can just sack it off and go home if you like, which is always a plus.

Environmental Station Alpha is also great fun and has a cool lo-fi aesthetic. IIRC it came out at around the as time as Axiom Verge and seemed to get a bit overshadowed by it but it's really fun and a solid recommend; also, it gets decent discounts quite regularly.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
What's the thread opinion on Skies of Arcadia (GameCube version)? I'm looking for something bright and cheerful to fill the void after I finish Paper Mario and it sounds like a cool time

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Looper posted:

it's one of the best games ever made. the encounter rate is fine in the gc version

Oh great, thanks! :)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/DeddoRain/status/1228420262145744898

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Almost forgot, if you like metroidvania stuff please play Within a Deep Forest. It's ace and also has some extremely chill music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgoj9E0kwDo

edit: same developer as Knytt Underground, mentioned above, which is also extremely cool and good

Convex fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 22, 2020