Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
In this world nothing is certain except death, taxes, and fighting the urge to buy a new Animal Crossing again even though you know it will fall out of your schedule too quickly. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
The DLC for this game is the option for your villagers to harass you.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Electric Phantasm posted:

There's a lot to take in

I think this ad confirms there's cliff ramps? You don't need stairs to reach higher elevations. :lol: we desperately need the Direct.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
We can choose hemispheres, that's so cool

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
You can call 911, GOTY.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Terraforming :stare:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
It seems like holidays are downloadable events to stop people from time travelling.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I can't wait to recruit my neighbors and discriminate pigs and frogs entirely.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
https://twitter.com/ACWorldBlog/status/1233105072902590465

Oh... my god?? This was the number one thing I wanted and they actually did it.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

jackhunter64 posted:

Current list of RACCOON GOONS, if I've missed anyone then emptyquote the entire thing in anger

I want to be a motherfuckin' raccoon goon!!

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I've seen ads all over primetime TV. I honestly think they're trying to appeal to a nostalgic demographic.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Can't wait to stay up for hours at 12:01am soft-resetting for pear trees and two snooty starting villagers.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1239554746962362368

GOTY is coming out this Friday.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Why am I just learning the first two villagers with you are always jock and uchi types? :negative:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Yeah this is why I'm not worried about things missing from the game.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
A line that stuck out to me from a review:

Forbes posted:

Know that if you’re overwhelmed with the world, stuck inside, or adrift in a life that you know will look totally different next week — get Animal Crossing.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Got Hazel/Louie, pears, and a green airport (I think this applies to the phone colour too?) for my town. Plus an awesome island in the centre of my layout that I'm excited to terraform. Didn't even have to reset.

Is there a way to adjust sound controls in this game? Less footstep sounds and more music? I don't see an option but it wouldn't surprise me to be a Nook Miles upgrade.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Internet Kraken posted:

Is it just me or do animals get tired of talking to you way quicker in this game? After only a few conversations spread out over hours they already started getting short with me.

"Don't you have someone else to talk to?" No Mira, I don't. My 1 other neighbor is asleep and the Raccoons aren't much for conversation.

(after two conversations): "This island isn't big enough for both of us." Yeah no poo poo Hazel help me cross this river.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Gulliver's phone screen is cracked :lol:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Should I expect my museum and Nook's Cranny to be open tomorrow if I donated 15 pieces and set a spot for constructing the shop?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Is there an upgrade that allows you to rearrange stock in your inventory? I'm going insane.

My only other gripe so far is that villager housing plots are massive despite the house being like half the size. I'm going to run out of room before I can terraform.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Found a bidet and surgical mask in balloons sent to my island today. Far too self-aware. :tinfoil:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Color Printer posted:

Hey, so I recommend putting a music player near your plaza and throwing on a song. You won't regret it.

I also recommend using the cold chill reaction in the midst of your villagers' choir performance.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Today was Louie's birthday party where he asked me if I had any gifts for him. Nothing in my inventory to give except our native fruits but he said we have great tastes. :3:

My 3rd neighbour finally moved in and she's a lemur I've never even seen before.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I found a recipe for a shell bed but it requires a giant clam. I've not once found a giant clam. Is this a seasonal thing?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I've never actually read the seashell names and just sold 10 to get miles so that makes sense, thanks.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Accidentally shot down an egg onto my Stonehenge and it disappeared into the void. Now this should definitely be a Nook Miles achievement.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Blew 20k on Nook Miles tonight looking for a new villager and settled on Tangy. This game has given me too much power :getin:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
So are cherry blossom recipe drops locked out until next year now? I only got two. :negative:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I miss the size RNG fishing tourney.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
The other day I noticed Sherb had fleas bouncing off his head and I thought that was a cute detail but today Nana has them and now I'm not too sure. Is this a thing I have to cure? :stare:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
So uhh are we going to get a surprise Earth Day update or what

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Policenaut posted:

Hey who wants to get mad about things and post in circles for awhile? The Japanese AC community conducted a fan poll of their favorite villagers and the results have come in! Check out this tier list and find out that your favorite isn't top tier!

https://twitter.com/tanukichisoku/status/1252921583191994371?s=20

lol at Harry the Hippo being third-to-last. I've seen him 3 times on my island tours and have never reversed back into the airplane so quickly.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Finally got KK Slider to come to my barely 3-star island today.

I'm over 100 hours deep.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I don't know what's up with the RNG today but I've caught 7 new bugs in a one hour span.

I had to google diving beetle cause I was like "this cannot be real."

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Are different personality types more likely to wear certain kinds of clothing? My plan to have the entire island wearing detective trenchcoats is not going swimmingly.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Nook's Cranny turning into a surf shack in the summer is cute. I assume there'll be new surfboards every day?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Nothing says Animal Crossing like cicada season :getin:

runchild posted:

New month, new bugs and fish! And they’re spawning like crazy for me. I don’t want to spoil it, but one of them was a really fun surprise.

the leaf thing right? I was wondering when I knocked it out of a tree, got distracted by a villager, and then suddenly it was moving.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Are meteor showers guaranteed on the first day of a new zodiac season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
The worst is when Nook's Cranny and Redd's ship both have the same item in stock.