Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Simsandwich posted:

Labour in Scotland

jesus christ every time I hear about the state of scottish labour I figure well at least they've hit rock bottom now, and then something new comes along. is their plan to become so godawful that they cause an integer underflow in the malfunctioning matrix computers producing this godawful hellworld and wrap around to being good again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Doesn't that put you at risk of instant death from some diseases if they reduce your con enough?

does this mean britain is impervious from coronavirus now we're at 365 con

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

i miss skills wallets

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

oh god i think stuart campbell is actually going to try to start a Wings Over Scotland political party wow

i found this out by hearing about his twitter account for it getting banned, so it's off to a good start

https://twitter.com/bellacaledonia/status/1234549691821543425

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Not So Fast posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/commentisfree/2020/mar/02/women-must-have-the-right-to-organise-we-will-not-be-silenced

The Guardian is indistinguisable from the Daily Mail at this point when it comes to trans issues. Good loving lord.

As a trans person I was worried for a bit that a woman's place was a transphobic hate group, but now this cis lady has told me that they aren't so that's fine. everything is fine

Guavanaut posted:

Is this about the corona virus or the Guardian?

I think it's the virus, I've seen many otherwise healthy twenty-two year olds become terminally infected with the Guardian

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I don't know why I looked at the replies. The terf set have really developed mass sealioning to a fine art

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

stev posted:

Every single reply condemning the article is met with multiple responses supporting it. It's wild.

I wonder if any of them are online enough to have seen the mass abuse tactics of gamergate et al and have to hold in their head that it's completely different when they do it because they're justified

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

hmm lads, i've decided this man has a terrible disease due to his nationality. let's all engage in prolonged physical contact with him and his blood. this is a good plan

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

i promise i do make the occasional post that isn't about people in scotland being dicks about trans people but I would just like to remind everyone to not use horrible, offensive terms like "cisgender" in polite political debate

https://twitter.com/pickle_bee/status/1235302615178719238

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

also please wash your hands after you go to the toilet. please do this even if there is not currently a viral epedemic of global proportions. thank you all

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Coohoolin posted:

If you're talking about Neale Hanvey, he did not do any holocaust denialism. As far as antisemitism goes the cartoon Hanvey shared is very very mild, and if the investigation concluded that he didnt mean it and is genuinely apologetic, that's fine. They still dropped him in the middle of an election and it could have cost them the seat.

So he's merely a transphobe then, grand

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Crankit posted:

I hope they do a train tumnel to ireland

being able to take an irish sea channel tunnel from glasgow to ireland does sound pretty cool. much better than the supposed great benefit having slightly less bother with the ferry when driving over. admittedly i know absolutely nothing about the practical details of the feasibility of engineering any of this crap

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I was about to propose that the best infrastructure project would be to start a love train, but people all over the world joining hands is probably not a good idea at present

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I guess i should be primarily offended by the content but mostly i'm offended by the flagrant disregard for panel aspect ratios

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

everyone be careful out there

https://twitter.com/DamCou/status/1236263715592384512

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/suzanne_moore/status/1236419055642456065

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

how in the blithering gently caress do you enforce the right of people to be invited to speak by student societies

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Genuinely if they try to enforce this it's going to be hilarious because it's just going to mean people go to the event to protest instead.

everyone sits down quietly, takes out a pair of headphones, and listens to loud rock music

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

actually Blue was formed in 2000

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

look i come to this thread to have a good time after a hard day at work, I'm getting stressed out enough with thinking about this crap all day and then you come along and expose me to even more of it. is it too much to ask to have a little respite. i just want to have a few hours at the end of the evening where I can escape with my internet posting friends and not have to think about the foul unstoppable spread across the entire globe of arcgis software

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Bardeh posted:

She shat out this today:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/10/i-wish-everyone-strength-however-they-identify-suzanne-moore

seems like her spiritual awakening from going to Amsterdam and smoking a bit of weed has opened her mind so much she's quoted a bit of Foucault

how many psychedics do you have to take in Amsterdam to be able to read that and understand what her actual point is supposed to be

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Beyond all reason I still want to hold on to some kind of hope that those born after 1975 or so will not mellow out as they age

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

big scary monsters posted:

Pokémon GO otoh is entirely cancelled.

Staff at nintendo desperately scramble to cancel and cover up their new Defeat Bowser By Touching All Your Friends Directly On The Face novelty control scheme video game

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

on the one hand, I want to stop the spread of coronavirus by avoiding large congregations of people like the movie cinema, but on the other hand the movie has lesbians in it. we're all having to make difficult choices in this world today

Azza Bamboo posted:

We've had too much dithering and delaying on the issue, and everyone's tired of hearing about it. The country just needs to Get Covid Done.

oh god this is probably pretty much some people's actual opinion about this oh god

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Sanford posted:

Just had a management meeting, looked like we were going to instruct full working from home (software company) and then the Financial Director said unless we could, there and then, tell him where a 20% revenue boost was coming from to cover what he expects we'd lose he would veto it. We could not, and so he did. Company policy now is to use paper towels rather than hand towels, and all meeting rooms are to have at least one window open while in use. That'll do, I'm sure.

is this post in a secret code because you don't want to reveal you work for hm government and your "financial director" is actually boris johnson. blink three times if maybe

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Sanford posted:

No he said this won't happen. He's heard that it's an estimated 20% of the workforce over a six month period which is only a couple of people a week. I started to correct his understanding of those figures and he said (in front of the full management team) "LOOK IF YOU WANT TO WORK FROM HOME SO BADLY WE CAN ARRANGE THAT AND PROBABLY HAVE A DISCUSSION ABOUT EXACTLY WHAT IMPACT THAT HAS ON YOUR REMUNERATION AT THE SAME TIME" so I dropped it and the discussion ended. He's definitely a person who knows above all else that number must go up, and he has had the opportunity to learn that consequences are something that happens to other people, not him.

I'd say make sure to get everyone in the office to touch their face and put their hands all over the surfaces in his office but it'd only result in him infecting a series of vulnerable elderly people when he spits at them for being in his way on the street or something

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Communist Thoughts posted:

its gonna be extremely cold comfort when bojo resigns after 1 year and 3 million dead

a bold assumption that he would be capable of shame to the point of recognising he needed to resign

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

somebody has to be physically there to shove the poor people into the generator powering the computer that generates british currency units

it's a traditional system upgraded for a modern age, we move with the times while still keeping faithful to tradition

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1238415010021494784

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

hemale in pain posted:

it's good the government haven't mentioned the final planned phase - DEATH

i dunno, if they'd been upfront about their Sweet Embrace Of Death policy in december they'd have gotten the millenial vote right onboard

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

it will be just like Aids, in that it'll mostly kill people we've decided don't matter

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

in three weeks every healthy person who does not have the virus will have a police officer come round to their house to cough on them. do your duty for britan

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I would really like to be in a position where I could take faith in this kind of appeal to authority and decorum, but the general tone in this piece of "please stop being rude and just wait and see if people die before questioning your well meaning appointed betters too strongly, citizen" is a tad vexing. not to mention maybe not the best strategy given recent evidence in how public opinion is swayed?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

XMNN posted:

also they're still being poo poo on basic things like just saying "companies should help everyone who can work remotely to do so", which is free, not particularly economically harmful, not something people are likely to be "fatigued" by and which they could have done weeks ago

see if everyone starts working from home at once then there will be a sudden mass dip in productivity as everyone takes a few weeks to gets past the wanking stage. we need to have it carefully staggered so as to keep the economy afloat

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Mebh posted:

I made really good cheeseburgers tonight. And I was happy. loving hell we're all gonna die.

don't worry, only a percentage of us will die! doesn't that make you feel better! the rest of us must stay alive in order to carry out furious vengeance on what will remain of the ruling classes

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

okay so things in reality are bad but have you considered this vital piece of important good news, that last night i had a nice dream where I met Boris Johnson at a party and got to call him a loving rear end in a top hat, so that's nice. I assume Morpheus, King Of Dreams, Prince Of Stories has a guy whose full-time job it is to be Boris Johnson and have everyone yell at him. seems like a good gig

OwlFancier posted:

What kind of polling is it when you systematically kill off everyone who voted one way until you achieve the result you want?

on the one hand, the disabled will be affected, so that's key labour demographics right there, but on the other hand it'll do a number on the olds so really they're being very bipartisan and centrist in their disregard for human life. very decorous

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

"Water, fire, air and dirt. loving viruses, how do they work? And I don't wanna talk to a scientist. Y'all motherfuckers lying, and getting me pissed." - Dominic Cummings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1238808411246075905

please stop questioning your betters, thanks