Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Hello hello my angels, I don’t know how many of you are following me but my twitter is attempting to be much less bitching and more super serious coronavirus information from verifiable sources. If you find something new please please tag me in so I can keep the feed current (information more than 2 days old is out of date at this point)

I have the Italian raw figures from Monday but can’t find yesterday’s.

https://twitter.com/learnincurve11/status/1239836509899034624

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

OwlFancier posted:

Hello LC, I hope you're keeping safe in this lovely mess.

I’m fine thanks 🙂, self isolating because of all the disgusting old slobs on the bus and not wanting to pass anything they have onto my lad who will then send it round a special needs school.

loving lazy middle class boomers cleared out all the flour, hand wash and toilet roll round our small poor people’s Morrisons because they were too bone idle to go to the big one a mile away and walk round it. We know this because the front half of the car park was pure fake four by fours.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m seeing a lot of people on twitter, although thankfully no sane and sensible goons, ask if they can take herbal anti-inflammatories instead of ibroprofen

NO

It’s any anti-inflammatory.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

This guy is pissing me off, he keeps taking screenshots of freely available information so it looks like he’s some sort of super journalist and you have to go dig to find the source.

Special needs schools have started giving the middle finger to the DoE and shutting down

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Someone delivered on that data, 10 pages of graphs and official figures for Italy updated daily.

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJr...jFhMSIsImMiOjl9

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I found the source for the don’t take Ibuprofen stuff and it’s TRUE and direct from WHO but because it was in forren no one could be arsed to link it.

https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...ialflow_twitter

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

elbkaida posted:

Looking at China it took about two months to get the number of cases back down to double digit per day. At that point things should be fairly OK again I guess?

Errrr in the interest of my new giving real information no matter how badly it sucks thing: The answer to if it will die out, or lie dormant for 2 months and then have a second wave is “we have no bloody clue yet keep watching China over the next 6 months”

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Bardeh posted:

Just went over to the shops to get spring onions and coriander for dinner - it was very quiet in there, all pretty normal tbh. The only thing was there were no eggs, no rice, no pasta. But shelves full of pulses, dried beans, tinned fish (no tuna but plenty of sardines/pilchards/mackerel) Are people really going to be eating pasta and jarred sauces for months? It's loving weird that all the actually nutritional shelf-stable foods are left in favour of pasta and rice.

The kind of selfish boomer who is doing this do not know how to cook pulses, dried beans and tinned fish...
They are the same people who let their 8 year old sit at home on their own till 5pm and then threw something pasta/frozen chips based together at 5:30pm.

They also own at least two houses because they “need to top up my pension” and “pop round to see what the tenants are up to” at least once a month.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

sinky posted:

'Anyone who urgently needs help should speak to the local authority. They have got emergency funds, (Sunak ) says.'

Lol no they don't you tory oval office.

If you are on 0 income you can ask the council for a 0 income form which means you get housing benefit to cover rent and interest only mortgages *if the pot is still full* they can give out food vouchers and pay for gas and electric.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It really was a beautiful thing to behold.

https://twitter.com/learnincurve11/status/1240241395409080321

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Danger - Octopus! posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/18/labour-mps-alarmed-covid-19-laws-being-passed-without-vote

I'm sure we can trust the Tories not to sneak anything draconian into new legislation... Oh wait, two year duration... No review... And extending mental health detentions as a nice little add on.

That twat from the spectator who screenshots other people’s work and tries to pass it off as his own was absolutely doing his nut over this this morning, it’s like the right wing press are both for it on principle, but are aware the boomers who buy their shitrags are absolutely against being made to be even mildly inconvenienced in any way.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Johnathan Ross saw how many chat shows and appearances Lawrence Fox was getting after his recent controversial opinions and thought “I’d like to get me some of that! Wait glinner also gets boomer men telling him how grateful they are because they have wives and daughters who need a man to speak for them! Where do I sign? Oh now don’t tell me, is that a 58 year old philosophy of fiction academic who pretends to be a lesbian on my feed? Now you are just spoiling me”

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

smiling giraffe posted:

Hullo 👋 thought I would get some peace from the Hatfield road cars but seems pretty busy to me

Turns out what’s happened to people who live near busy roads, such as the M chuffing 1, is that it’s just spread the noise out all day and night as well 🙃

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Barry Foster posted:

Wasn't it that the youth didn't actually bother turning out for Bernie in the end?

That was the most crushing thing of all to me. Ratfucking I can deal with. Brexit ruining everything I can deal with. But when it's your own side loving you over, then all hope is truly lost

Many many people no matter the age demographic went “absolutely love his thinking but he looks like he’s going to keel over at any moment so we may very well be voting for whoever would be his VP” and no showed.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I honestly don’t see how they would inforce a lockdown outside of major cities.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

baka kaba posted:

is there any roundup of the options for online grocery shopping and delivery? I haven't done that before and I'm trying to get other people ready for it too

I know Tesco and Morrisons and the like do it, but I've also heard their schedules are rammed. What else is out there/good?

It actually depends on where they pick the goods in your specific area. Turns out for home delivery in our area Morrisons are the ones who have a central warehouse and the systems reserves your food when you order it, (where as for click and collect they have someone going round store) but Sainsbury’s/Tesco’s don’t.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Mebh posted:

Anyone got any tips or suggestions for a series of things to prep for. I'm in Sheffield if locale makes any difference.

Your Morrisons order is coming from the central warehouse 😁

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I think I'm a number 9.

I have shamelessly stolen this picture for twitter, but given you the credit goonfriend. I love number 2, so close to being cute and then...

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Am I the only one who will admit to using those blue chemical pellets everywhere, and then having bird feeders with blue chemical pellets going in a circle round the base?

I have a ongoing snail infestation and switched to vindictive chemical warfare after one year of playing nice.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Nettle Soup posted:

One good thing if you wanna plant some cheap easy stuff, dried peas are cheap and will grow super easily, just shove them in whatever you can find and watch em go. I have a pot of them on the windowsill in my kitchen atm. Balchelors do them in all the supermarkets and I reckon they'll still be in stock, because who the gently caress buys dried peas.

If you want a laugh at a total idiot I bought what I thought were 40 giant competition winning Celeriac seeds, but it turned out I bought a pack of 4000 which is enough celeriac to feed this entire thread for about a year, and the seeds smell insanely strong so now my house is going to smell of Celeriac forever.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh you would be AMAZED at the sheer quantity of stupid mistakes I can make on any given day.

Btw I bought one of artist taxi drivers animal prints for a fiver and I got to say that it was well worth the money.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Mebh posted:

I would totally take some of those off your hands in exchange for buying you things of your choice off amazon!

I will be growing as many as I can fit in various parts of my garden 😁, I’m also having a go at 5 of those enormous sunflowers that grow about 15 feet high.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

bump_fn posted:

mfers bought all the fresh veg from the shop dammit joe you gonna hoard fresh leeks for months

I tut like I don’t have like 23kg of pasta oats and rice left over from my brexit hoarding and a sack veg that’s getting prepped and frozen tomorrow.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Jose posted:

Get some chickens they love slug and snail eggs

I asked the council a question about keeping chickens and accidentally got permission to keep 8 chickens!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

NotJustANumber99 posted:

People need permission for that?!?

Depends on the area, you do round here because they want to send a man round to check you have enough space for a house and run and that it won’t be too close to others*, cockerels are banned as well. I would guess they are dealing with noise complaints in advance.

*Had an inspection already because I had to get planning permission for a massive shed.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh good it’s SA where I can use this word.

If you are advocating for coronavirus to run it’s course then you are advocating for the deaths of potentially 17% of the disabled and immunocompromised, which includes many many LGBT people and huge numbers of people in Africa, along with the deaths of the elderly, and your eugenics loving fascist arse is a “prize oval office”

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s going to be announced tonight then...

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I can’t, this timeline I just

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1240594616082145281

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You just know IDS and May are high risk and are furiously trying repent before god.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
People have absolutely ignored the advice not to panic buy dog food, Amazon is out and pets at home have a 14 day wait for delivery.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Borrovan posted:

If you find yourself in an emergency I know a farmer who breeds dogs a few miles out of Derby. He's a Tory, but nobody can say no to spaniel eyes

I’ll remember this and thank you 🙂

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Frances "I'm a lush" Barber never fails to disappoint:

https://twitter.com/JamesEFoster/status/1240558780238217216?s=20

I’m still blocked by her I think, someone shared one of my dog pictures and she came into my feed and started ranting and raving about how under Corbyn we would eat my dogs just like in Venezuela , I replied “I’m sorry what” and she went “TROLL BLOCKED”

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Suzanne Moore can’t stop owning herself, my god. The letter is like a paragraph of reasonable very moderate language not even naming her...

https://twitter.com/suzanne_moore/status/1240616165363322881

I read this reply by Hatchett so now you have to also

https://twitter.com/learnincurve11/status/1240633234024792064

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Mar 19, 2020

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Are we about to see the rise of the humble walkie talkie?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Julio Cruz posted:

enjoying the replies to this one

Only registered members can see post attachments!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m at “Not sure if iron deficiency or the rona”

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Of all the people who end up in hospital with coronavirus 52% die.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Point was made on tv this morning that the deaths we're seeing in the UK now are representative of the position of the spread 2 weeks ago (as it takes that long to die apparently). So we can expect it to get a lot worse over the next few weeks.

Official figures put us running out of beds on the 10th.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ok listen up, *pulls up chair and sits in it backwards*

The French test is to take a deep breath and hold it in for 10 seconds, if you cannot do this without coughing then you definitely have the rona.

If you think you have the rona but can pass the test then you have no need to worry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Psst thread, for a 2 pack of bog roll I’ll tell you how to get a home delivery slot.

Morrisons website, book a slot text view. The 21st day becomes available at midnight.