Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there
But muh free market

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Lol as if the quests weren’t already lovely enough

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

I love how every recent change is almost intended to kick new players straight in the nuts repeatedly.

Raid in with your Lvl 1 Trader weapons and PS ammo, laptop running your maps and wiki pages, and get smashed in the first two minutes. Then since you can’t just pick up healing and food/water on the flea, you’re spending at Therapist for even more between raids. Either that or wait 20-30 minutes to even play for healing or scav timers (not to mention queuing times). Traders are going to need a serious rework if they want to improve player on boarding at all.

I’m not too worried about the changes myself, but for someone learning the game fresh it’s going to be rear end.

Tarkov should be a free to play mobile game

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

It’s a bad thing if you wish your game was being played by less people. I guess from a business perspective BSG doesn’t actually give a poo poo if you play at all/stick around.

When a AAA company that’s competent at game design and programming, and can afford a decent infrastructure, inevitably picks up this games style and detail, it may be full of MTX for lovely cosmetics but will probably be the better game.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

I also understand that the end product is going to look nothing like the current game, but it’s popularity is wholly off it’s beta testing format. A pretty strange thing that I don’t think a lot of new players really understand or know about at all.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Escape from Tarkov: Star Citizen for Gun Nuts

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

This game will end up in scope creep development hell I guarantee. They will nitpick and micromanage every tiny facet of the game to fit Nikitas vision for realism and at some point someone will come along and make a better, ‘funner’ game at a much faster pace.

I hope I’m wrong, because this game has so much potential and tends to surprise me with each update.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Someday Tarkov will be Fortnite’d, and this game will turn into what it’s aiming for and the majority of its player base currently will move on. And that’s fine and I’m sure what Nikita intends anyways. He’s said repeatedly on podcasts that his hopes for the game were to have a sub-30k dedicated playerbase.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

And like a lot of games, that responsiveness to community feedback will bring massive amounts of scope creep and feature micromanaging. Hopefully they have the ability to stay focused and deal with its popularity responsibly.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

ChesterJT posted:

It was there, thank you! Servers still trash.

Don’t worry, fixes Coming Soon™

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Ambaire posted:

Someone else posted a video of this happening, so it looks 'legit'...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QTYe35-zv4&t=272s

Amazing

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Well time to take a break from the game I guess

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

I watched a guy using hacks to see how many labs raids have hackers in them, and he did 25 raids on European servers and 25 raids on US servers. Roughly 80% of his raids had at least 1 hacker, excluding himself.

They were pretty obvious to spot because they can see you through walls and are always looking right at you when you’re close, and he was able to get most of them to wiggle back-and-forth with him once they realized they were both cheating.

TLDR don’t play labs

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

aniviron posted:

Hey, that's cool. Did they also fix the wallhack, aimbot, loot radar, infinite sprint, and other issues that were also showcased as being part of the hack?

*puts band-aid on gaping wounds*

“This issue has been resolved”

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

hakimashou posted:

Nikita govnovich is still the best game developer of a generator hands down

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

How can I chad if I can’t carry 250 pounds of gear at full sprint?

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Sounds like a lot of good changes.

We will have to wait and see what the quests look like, but I’m pretty eager to see how the economy and flea market look after these updates.

They also increased the experience required for levels 1-20, so that will prolong the early wipe a bit.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Liquid Banjo posted:

The fact that it's not on by default makes me believe they just shoved it in this patch late. It's really the only thing I'm looking forward to more than the maps because god is the sound broken in this game.

I feel exactly the same way. Nikita said to expect to “thinks it’s bugged because it’s so different”, but assured it’s the way it’s supposed to be.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

“I paid $150 for this premium edition and I can’t even play what a scam”

“Streamers are put into priority queue”

“Was wipe today?”

“Steam audio was not added”

“How are you in the game”

Imagine being so dense you drop into a twitch chat of 5k people to ask simple questions that are solved instantly with a simple google search.

Personally I’ve been able to start the game but it always locks up network wise when trying adjust my inventory. Just going to wait for playable time.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Is it something you have to enable? I'm currently having issues hearing people even when they're right on top of me, is it easier to hear people with steam sound?

It’s disabled by default, under sound settings, and requires a game restart.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

I have been matching for three days, should I restart the game?

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Yeah worst case someone might be flat broke and have to shove stuff up their rear end because they’re under level 10, and sell to dealers for a basic kit of gear.

Still probably better off doing a scav run, but if you had to...

Edit: And aren’t trader seeds prices rear end anyways?

InevitableCheese fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 29, 2020

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Some real issues with Steam Audio. You cannot hear people above or below you when inside some buildings. Outside has crazy range though.

Tested in this video:

https://youtu.be/lVncioRyn48

InevitableCheese fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 29, 2020

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Once it’s ironed out I think it’ll be great, but right now I would say it’s a possible disadvantage.

But I get hosed by the standard audio half the time too, so who knows

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

I’ve been hearing things fine in factory as well, so it may just be some parts of each map aren’t fully optimized to handle sound barriers correctly.

It gives me something else to blame (besides myself) when I die though

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

rap music posted:

Ctrl and alt click shortcuts to replace your drag and drop

I have a buddy that still clicks “BACK” out of inventories, as well as drag and drop

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Playing with a friend new to the game all weekend and scavving was the most fun we had as well. They were a great way for him to shake off a bad PMC run.

He frequently got down to almost no money and gear, but being able to afford standard runs was always a nighttime scav or pistol raid away. I feel like you have to be pretty bad and know nothing about this game to be “forced” into hatchet running because you’re broke. We are nowhere near “good” at this game, but we still manage to progress and have fun.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

Also lol this wipe it is so easy to make money right now. I'm sitting at lv 10 and 1.2 million rubles just because I haven't been dying so much and once you hit flea market it's easy to sell a bunch of 'okay' common mods for like 5-10x their value! Wow!

I’ve been purposely hoarding everything I can get my hands on to dump on the flea when I hit 10. Halfway through level 8 today but I haven’t had as much time to play during the week.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Jarf posted:

Pretty much. The gunplay is what keeps me in, it's so good. I hope the STALKER 2 devs are taking notes.

Same here, the PVP in this game is rear end.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

I think that’s probably the best approach at this point. I’m going to start just playing instead of trying to min max and progress consistently.

Since I’ve unlocked the flea the game has gotten less and less fun. I can either keep doing cheap runs where I avoid everything and try to attack from afar, or try to bring in anything that costs over 30k to immediately lose it.

Somehow Tarkov can simultaneously ruin the desire to play any other game and make me so unbelievably pissed off I don’t even want to play it.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Klaaz posted:

So, what am i supposed to do as a newbie? Right now I am sort of doing scav runs, collecting some stuff and try to get out and sell my loot to get better stuff and level up skills. Am i doing this right? I mean, I can't do poo poo against dudes with full armor on and much better guns can I

Hatchet run to afford top tier gear

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

I play at 65 and it works just fine.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

I’ve been trying a different tactic for quest items, and it’s working pretty well.

I find nighttime scav raids are relatively safe, and hidden stashes will spawn a lot of the early quest items (plus some valuable ammo I can sell on the flea). I found all my gas analyzers and fuel conditioners over maybe 3-4 scav raids on customs. I think most people right now are going for the bronze pocket watch quest at night, so if you stay away from dorms and construction you can get through relatively easy. Every player I have ran into has been on their way to dorms, or inside construction.

I may just be really lucky, idk

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

idiotsavant posted:

5: gently caress you Jaeger

The most important step.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Do people like to pick on Arabian Dicks or has he really said anything outrageous that isn’t a simple game design disagreement

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Idk, I’ve found the changes to be *difficult* in the Tarkov sense but fine. Hidden stashes have given me plenty of quest items, and scavs have often spawned for me with 300k keys or at least some decent ammo to sell on the flea. I played like a rat tonight and made 1.2 mil and got several quests done.

I feel like if you view the quests more as “challenges”, like dailies or something in other games it’s really not so bad. People thinking they need to get a quest done every raid are setting themselves up for disappointment.

My mindset is more “okay I need to keep an eye out for these”, or “if I get a good chance, make it over to this spot for the quest”.

This game is hard when compared to other games but in and of itself it’s really not so bad given the flea, hideout, and insurance.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

loving lol that when you dump your gear for insurance purposes and die it treats your out of raid health as if you were a hatchling. So the code checks not what you bring in, but what you take out.

“This game and it’s half-assed answers to hatchlings are choooooice.” Could be a summary of the last several patches.

InevitableCheese fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jun 7, 2020

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Even then just about everything is still crazy expensive until you have level 2 traders at 15. I’m sick of of running stock Lvl 1 guns with the worst possible ammo, hoping to kill a scav before I get loving wiped by a three man every raid. Only need to do on average about 40 more raids and I’ll be level 15.

Levels 10-15 takes just as much XP as 1-10. :)

Solo quest gameplay in Tarkov: lay in a bush for thirty minutes then get your poo poo done.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

I just want to put a sight on a gun and it not cost 100k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Mae posted:

Ak railed gas tube, level 1 peacekeeper sight

Wow how did I miss that, thanks