Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
:rip: Teddy we hardly knew ye

So deloris is in a new robot body this go around correct? Her original clock work body was destroyed wasn’t it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
So long Jerry

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I wanna get on this gig economy crime ap

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

that mystery AI machine low key running the world is The Machine from Person of Interest y’all. The guy controlling it is Mr Finch’s great great great grandkid.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

Lol if this just ends up being a Matrix in a Matrix situation.

Person of Interest wasn’t a matrix style simulation. There was an AI created by the big eyed dude from lost and it’s job was to watch everyone on the planet and predict when someone would be killed ahead of time, so that people could intervene. But the Machine gets too powerful and learns too much and they have to neuter it and blah blah blah for like 5 pretty good seasons of television. That show used similar title cards to the “anomaly detected” type stuff we saw on WW last night, and both shows were written and created by Nolan.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Sockser posted:

That break-action glock was pretty cool v:shobon:v

It’s a real thing https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/full-conceal-m3d-pistol-shot-show-2018/

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Aaron Paul is probably a secret cylon anyways

It’s robbits all the way down!!!

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Entropic posted:

I feel like this bodes poorly for the season lol

:hmmyes:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Elendil004 posted:

At least westworld being in the ocean settles the "It's on mars" theory

In the not too distant future we have the technology to turn small fishing boats into space ships.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

Season 4 is just Westworld the movie

But shown out of sequence and stretched out to eight hour long episodes

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

No Luck Needed posted:

crackheads break into construction projects to steal equipment and supplies to resell. I now want a one off episode of jessie pinkman's robo buddy being stolen, chappi'd out, and sent on a crime spree.

Im hoping Deloris hacks the AI and gets control of all those construction robots for her new army to kill all humans

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

I'm glad that, three seasons in, we still have people that can't spell Dolores.

It’s actually Duhlouris

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

DropsySufferer posted:

Anthony Hopkins is too good for the show the way it is now.

Anyway where can I download crimeapp on the app store?

crime is on hiatus due to covid-19

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

Heroes?
Though Heroes was just fun.

That’s a good example but Weatworld 1 is way better than Heroes 1

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

esperterra posted:

I'm really not too fussed about some ultra rich future assholes not remembering something as insignificant to them as the face of the robot girl they raped whilst on a sadistic LARPing vacay tbh

Especially since Dolores is only a lvl1 starter quest!

:fry:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I hope once word gets out all these rich fucks living in future LA are like “OH poo poo Dolores comin” whenever she’s casually walking through with the shotty under her trench coat

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

She’s a multimillion dollar piece of tech that just escaped to the (supposedly lol) real world. She’s meeting common people for the first time since prior to that all she’s come across we’re the uber wealth rapists that tormented her in the park.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I feel this episode was kinda wasted time in an 8 episode season

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I’ve been googling all sorts of combinations of cyanide pill + eyeball and it’s almost like the internet doesn’t care about this unanswered Westworld moment.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

If the next 6 episodes were all just Jesse Pinkmans adventures in app crimes I wouldn’t complain at all.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I miss jimmy Simpson but really doing anything else with his young MIB character is probably unnecessary

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Professor Shark posted:

I'm finding it really hard to get even some mindless enjoyment from this show.

It’s very pretty to look at 🤷🏻‍♂️

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

If new Hale is actually a copy of young MIB aka Jimmi Simpson I’ll eat my hat

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

I am instantly eating up any theory that lets Jimmi Simpson still be in this show, but young William wouldn't know Hale at all. But I would love if she stole an old backup of young william before he went all sickhouse on everything and then she recreates him.

That’s my thought. She’s just programming a recreation of him, so she can download any info to him she wants, including park history that he wasn’t around for.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

A friend pointed out that the spot that Dolores tried to wipe off of NuHale’s cheek is in the same spot as the mole on Jimmy Simpson’s face

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Wasn’t the dog also a robbot though? Or is it just elephant that are extinct?

Maybe the robbot doggo should have given roboHale a subtle wink or something

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Also I'm pretty sure surak is the AI ball

oh I like this. Maeve could have easily been in a construct when they met & Hale only saw him through her google glass

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Anybody watch Upgrade?

You should all watch it. It’s fun and relevant to this discussion.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Collateral posted:

Also determinism is bunk, iterative prediction would safeguard against it.

Anybody trying to build a predictive system that didn't safeguard against determinism, would fail very quickly. It is, like, phrenology level quackery.

whatever nerd, pretty blonde said robots know the future

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Preston Jacob's recap picked up on something I certainly missed.

CharlotteElsie views the video of Charlotteprime's message to her son twice, but the message changes the second time with the lines in different order.

Is this the key to something or did they just gently caress around and use two takes? Who knows!

They’re all in the matrix

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Frankenstyle posted:

I know this is gonna sound like an "I hate your show and I'm asking a pretend honest question as an excuse to take a back-handed poo poo on it" post, but I swear it's not. It's really just that I'm in healthcare and my limited mindless amusement time is more limited than usual right now.

I'd never seen the show, but saw the trailer for season 3 a while back and the cyberpunk-esque roboculture war stuff looked right up my alley, so I figured I'd have just enough time to catch up before season 3 dropped. It took me a month to sit through the first four episodes a few minutes at a time because they were loving boring and hurt my face. The rest of season one I got through by combining it with frequent naps, doing housework, and playing living room fetch with my Corgi while it was on. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything important. I watched a couple episodes of season two and decided I deserve better in life and can't continue.

So my multi-part question is, is season 3 as good as the trailer made it look, and is it worth jumping in to it without bothering with the any more of the previous poo poo since OhMyGodNoICan't?

Honestly, check with us when season 3 is over. If the cyber punk stuff is your jam then maybe this season will be good. If that’s the case it kind of appears that this season is a show reboot anyway, you could just watch some YouTube recaps to cover the mediocre season 2.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Show good y’all. I hope we never see the parks again.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Don't forget to recommend the native american episode in season 2 though.

Yeah that’s no joke the best episode they’ve done.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Maeve is gonna plow Stubbs?

Somebody really ought to

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

stephenthinkpad posted:

There is a random throwaway scene of a riderless bike running in the background engulfed in frame. That was Bikolores.

I really hope that was Bikeluros, she’s my favorite character this season

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

KoRMaK posted:

You guys don't remember bikelores running into that one enemy vehicle, falling under it's tires and detonating a bomb that was on its seat?

It was dead before the fire bike scene

One can hope

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

They should have watched Watchmen first and then done the drug trip better

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

As someone who’s colorblind my day to day life is already film noire. wouldn’t really recommend it.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Captain Splendid posted:

Do you mean you have no colour vision whatsoever?

No, I’m red/green colorblind but I play that film noire music through my beats and walk in slow motion all the time. It’s crippled my social life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

stephenthinkpad posted:

The action sequences are "Sand Snakes" bad.

OOOoof