Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

knox_harrington posted:

I think the ball clamping may be a bit advanced for me but thanks for the advice.

I think MsAdequate could provide some guidance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Sloth Life posted:

Ok, household talk. I'm useless.
I can't wire a plug, paint a wall or hang wallpaper. I wouldn't know where to begin sanding stuff.

As you can guess, my flats decor is... Aged. I'd love a nice home but don't have the courage

Intellectually I know that a crappy paint job or wonky wallpaper won't actually cause the flat to combust but I'm TERRIFIED of actually trying.

Please halp.

YouTube and therapy by Zoom

E: lol at the concept of not being able to paint. If you can feed yourself with a spoon then you can paint a wall

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Wachter posted:

How common is the loss of taste in covid patients? My wife just said the spag bol tastes weird and it can't be possibly be because my cooking is crap

More common than any other symptom, at least in the non-ancients

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/03/31/world/europe/31reuters-health-coronavirus-taste.html

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Apr 1, 2020

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
April 1st or not, don't think any Labour organisation should be talking about embarrassing seat losses for a few years...

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/tax_free/status/1245352298882256896?s=19

Lol :thumbsup:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Wachter posted:

Should be fine if you soak it in bleach for a few hours

Cook it all to decarb (and decontaminate) and then grind it into some delicious brownie mix or whatever. Might as well get twisted if you're just gonna be sitting at home, and you're not loving your lungs in the process

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

fluppet posted:

Has it been announced they're going to staff the new hospitals?

"Please remove corpse from bagging area"

Jose posted:

Think it's time to get some hair clippers and trim my hair but I cba trying to have the back and sides shorter than the top hmmm

It's piss easy if you have a hand mirror and aren't drunk at the time

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

I'm not crying and owned, actually I'm pleased.

Don't tell them that I was owned

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Josef bugman posted:

I think remaining in whilst also calling for lots of changes is important. It's why I still believe in electoralism.

I can understand still participating in electoralism, but believing in it? Lol

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

It doesn't matter whether you believe in electoralism as long as a lot of other people do. Saying you don't believe in it is like saying you don't believe in money.

No that's not a workable analogy at all. Elections are a cause and outcome of people believing in electoralism, and money has the same relationship to capitalism, maybe. You can easily disbelieve in electoralism and capitalism and it matters, while simultaneously accepting that money and elections happen and are important to the understanding of what is currently construed as society.

For certain values of "belief", and "mattering", but now I'm just sub-ronyaposting

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Yes, but your lack of belief in them does not mean you can stop participating in them, because your participation is enforced, you can not op out of the the product of electoralism, your lack of vote is not a protest, it is a tacit acceptance, functionally. The order of society does not permit you to protest or opt out, any more than you can opt out of money.

Ok but that's exactly what I said in my first post so now we're just ronya'ing at each other for no reason

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Wachter posted:

Agreed, those of us lucky enough to be on total lockdown may as well mentally speedrun this. It's just disorienting. FF7 coming out tomorrow has blown my tiny mind.

Can anyone recommend a poo poo-hot milhist podcast?

Obvious choice but I enjoy a lot of Dan Carlin's Hardcore History podcast. He is an avowedly amateur historian, but he's engaging and they are long as hell. His series on WW1, Blueprint for Armageddon, is 24h+ so that will help with the soeedrunning

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Petition to have the meaning of "Living Large" changed to "being a decent and humble person"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

goddamnedtwisto posted:

That's actually natural, IIRC if you take away environmental cues most mammals settle into a 26ish hour cycle.

Bajorans too

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

ThomasPaine posted:

I'm 99% sure that certain people itt are furiously masturbating as they breathlessly insist that COVID will go on until 2023 and kill ten million people in the UK alone

neat

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Everything that happens at a cellular level is loving insanity. I think we need to just abandon all this old code and start from scratch.

As a molecular biologist, it's just a bunch of really tiny K'nex pieces that have had billions of years to evolve and fit into each other in interesting ways

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Until they get a little too riled up and kill you via ARDS

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
So HMPS is releasing up to 4000 prisoners? Those who are within 2 months of getting out. No nonces.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Literally every new leader from Corbyn to Karl Marx would have put out a statement about working with the Tories at this difficult time

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Bobstar posted:

Well that was a fun (checks calendar) 3 months in the Labour party but I think my money might be better spent rejoining the union instead.

Quitting the union to join Labour is a pretty interesting move in the first place

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Josef bugman posted:

Jesus Christ why are so many people so eager to feel angry and upset?

Is there an actual reason for it, or is it because we are trained like Pavlov's loving dogs to just get angry at poo poo because it's the only emotion we can actually feel.

i can also feel horny

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

thespaceinvader posted:

How else is O2 stored on hospital sites than in giant liquid tanks?

Lots of relatively small canisters

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Hope somebody's doing a wellness check on Laura K at this difficult time.

Actually, what if Boris gave her The Virus? that would be interesting

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/BBCDanielS/status/1246912657107701765?s=20

truly dreadful

:getin:

Probably Russian bullshit, but maybe Boris' lungs have been placed under a super-super-injunction

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Lambert posted:

Why would he be brought to the hospital if not to get ventilated. Does anybody truly believe that "just tests!" bullshit?

Well, it depends how you choose to interpret "artificial lung ventilation", which is not really a term that would be used, but does not connote non-invasive mechanical ventilation. Which would be an intermediate step

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Bardeh posted:

I mean, we know he's got the Roni, so the only routine test he could be given is for blood oxygenation, right? Assuming he's having breathing problems, it's either supplemental oxygen or full on intubation, can't be any other reason to admit him.

you don't need to go to hospital to check your O2 sats with a pulse oximeter

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Gonzo McFee posted:

Can't believe Boris is going to die and we can't even have a party. Cruel fate.

how many people can you get into a drunken discord channel?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

ThomasPaine posted:

if I was a NHS doctor or a nurse dealing with bojo right now let me tell you I'd be breaking out the ethical philosophy books

I'd be figuring out how to jam one end of the tube down his trachea and the other up his arse

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Chinese Gordon posted:

The PM is not being admitted to hospital for 'tests'. He can get oxygen in place in the flat if necessary. He's getting tubed for almost definite.

Statistically, no, a man his age is more likely to escape the ICU.

However, he is a fat drunk slob

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Total Meatlove posted:

So if the Guardian knew Boris was properly ill and refusing to admit it publicly, then the rest of the lobby also knew, so what is the loving point of any of them?

to manufacture consent? I thought we were all on the same page there

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
This conversation has gotten extremely circular, but they brought him in incase he deteriorated rapidly overnight. Current oxygen supplementation status in hospital is speculative until some brave nurse does a Tiktok from Boris' bedside

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Communist Thoughts posted:

if he does die they wont admit it for a couple days at least, then another week or so of trying to figure out what happens now as Raab starts dying too

In the highly unlikely scenario of both dePfeffel and Raab dying, I would start to believe that corona is a Chinese superweapon designed to eliminate Tories. And at that point, we welcome PM Xi

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The grandeur of the Grand National

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Tanks work for some things. Nazis, for example. Tanks work well against them.

They work less well against peaceful protests.

I think they're all too effective against those, too

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
From the Simpsons meme thread

Ultraklystron posted:

I don't know if it has combinatory value, but it's been stuck in my head since I heard the original news story:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Shame the EU didn't include a clause that the Brexit extension is automatically triggered if the PM has reduced brain function - though I guess that would have just triggered instantaneously

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 6, 2020

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Went for my walk over the fields this afternoon: saw more people than usual, but that was still only about 10, mostly dogwalking.
But, also saw a bunch of TA squaddies walking in pairs - the pairs were socially distanced, but within the pairs they certainly weren't!
Not sure how the military can be used to enforce social distancing if they don't know what 2m looks like! It was more like 20cm.

Those pairs of squaddies are required to be lovers

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

I zoomed in to look for the photoshopped naked black guy in the background, what I found was so much worse

:negative:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Good question! They do not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1247240275791134720?s=19

Happening status: it's

And it couldn't happen on a nicer page